Forums are back in action! ×

Personal Trainer Study Group

Hello,

In order to not hijack the original thread, I thought I'd start a new one.

It seems that there are quite a few of us working on various PT certifications at the moment. Would there be any interest in forming a study group to help each other out? I realize that the different organizations have different focuses, but it's (at least theoretically) the same human body we're working with.

Just looking for feedback. If you're in favor, what do you think would be the best way to proceed? Study partners? Skype conference call? Something else entirely?

Regards,

P

Guest Tigger

If we are not currently taking the exams (but are planning to take it sometime in the very near future) can we ask questions?

It might also help you guys study to answer some n00b questions ...maybe?

I love this idea! I'm starting mine as soon as I get the financial assistance in the mail (thanks, army!). Count me in for any extra study time (and excuse to be online while studying, hehe).

I know pretty much general stuff now, so I'd be no help in the study group leading-wise, but I will definitely be helped out by being at it.

Anything is possible for him who believes. (Mark 9:23)
"The wise man sees in the misfortune of others what he should avoid." -Marcus Aurelius
Current challenge
My Training
STR-10 DEX-6 STA-9 CON-4 WIS-16.5 CHA-5

Welp, I'm booked for next Sunday, so if I can't pass now, I'm already dead in the water :P

However, I do have a fairly good base of knowledge, so if anyone needs to ask questions, feel free to drop a line!

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

I just ordered a home study course from NCSF. Go through, learn the stuff, it's got exercise demonstrations and everything. When you feel ready, register for a test at a testing center. It's really simple actually. The pain in the ass will come from re-certifying every year. Basically, if you aren't using it to get some biz, you'll find its a money drain pretty quickly...

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

yeah. i want to take the NASM test this summer, probably!

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter