Forums are back in action! ×

I'm Anna (aka Rogue) - college student, occasional runner, and writer. I've been reading NerdFitness for a while and it seems like an awesome community.

I'm in ok shape (6 kilos from goal weight), run occasionally, and can do one pull-up. I've been bouncing around here for a long time: loosing a bit of weight than gaining it back, starting working out and quitting, promising to run more and getting caught up with other stuff. Anyways, want to end the yoyo-ing once and for all, and I thought joining a community might be a good start.

I'm running my first 5K this June, and hopefully a 10K on Thanksgiving. I'm also going to be working on increasing strength, flexibility, and, of course, loosing the extra pesky pounds.

As for non-fitness stuff, I am studying Business Administration and Political Science in preparation for law school, love reading and writing, am fascinated by new ideas, and am trilingual.

Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.

Mark Twain

Heya Anna! Welcome to the Rebellion! We're happy to have you here! I recommend reading the articles pertaining to the areas that you want to work on for your fitness level, and if you have any questions, there are particular guilds for each of the different levels of fitness.

Law School! AWESOME! I'm going to run by you if I do anything illegal :P What languages do you speak?

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I speak Russian, English and French. Fluent in first two, but the French is a bit shaky. I've started studying Spanish recently as well, but that's going slowly - 3 years till law school, but I'm already starting to panic a bit about getting in and studying everything I can get my hands on. =)

Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.

Mark Twain

Keep trying, I, myself, am panicking- err I mean confidently attempting med School, I have the MCAT exam in the summer and that's when I'll start applying! Heh, I'm mexican but my being white-washed has left me with no accent nor a firm grasp of the language, but I'm getting there! my best recommendation is find someone who speaks it, and just talk to them in spanish. it'll be awkward at first, but you get better as time goes on.

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

Good luck with the MCATs! Medical school's tough... I've got a friend from Ecuador that I try to speak to, but unfortunately he also speaks French so I end up slowly drifting off to that usually. The languages are kinda similar. Still, I'll make it eventually.

Loosing a language is the worst though, my Russian is getting polluted with English all the time, I have to focus to keep it separate.

Mark Twain

lol try this website italki.com you can find language partners there who'd be willing to skype/chat with you and whatnot, you'll make new friends who speak other languages, Also you can help others learn as well, by teaching them. Pretty nifty, eh?

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Welcome! I love running...you're going to love racing! It's amazing to get a whole group of people that are all interested in the same thing...the adrenaline rush is awesome :)

I'm also pursuing a degree in Business Administration - for information technology management.

Feel free to take a look around and ask questions!

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

italki.com sounds awesome - I'll check it out. Thanks!

I'm very excited about the race. I wasn't actually planning running one when I cam across it, but it's a barefoot 5K - it was too cool to pass up. Your degree sounds really interesting - I've worked a bit in the IT field and it's fantastic. For a while I thought about going into IT as well, kinda (patent law for software), but turns out my school's program isn't good enough to let me sit the bar.

Mark Twain