Forums are back in action! ×

Hello, just joined hoping to learn something new everyday!

Hello everyone,

I am a huge fan of working out and staying in shape, I want to compete in men's physique and hopefully grab that Mr.O in a few years. I haven't competed yet, my most recent show got cancelled so I'm going to bulk up for at least six months to a year then prep for an NPC competition. 

I have adequate amount of knowledge about weight training and nutrition, but I really want to incorporate some body weight training because eventually I want to be able to do calisthenics. I also hate doing cardio.

If anyone has any questions about weight training and nutrition I can help, and I hope you guys can show me some good ways to incorporate body weight training in my regimen.

The bad thing about me is that I'm the youngest in the family of all Indians, as in Asian Indians not American Indians, and I am derailed easily off my goals because my family wants me to stop pursuing this goal and I constantly have to fight against them but sometimes they get to me, and if I could get some motivation to keep me heading for my goals that would also be very much appreciated.

• Like 1

Welcome to Nerd Fitness! Family can be tough to overcome, but why would they be against your pursuit of fitness and men's physique competitions? If you win they can show you off, right? ;)

In all actuality, dealing with a lack of support from those closest to you -- or worse, active disapproval from them -- can be hugely draining and a major setback. You're in good company here, though! We Rebels are a friendly bunch and you won't catch us telling you not to pursue your fitness dreams. You got this!

On the subject of pursuing your dreams, we just started a new four week challenge yesterday, so feel free to hop over to the Rebel guild and set one up for yourself. Or if you're into power lifting, this thread might be more your style. (You can participate in both, of course.) Best of luck and again, welcome!

Well they want me to focus on my education and they don't want me to distract myself with "unnecessary things". I know what you mean, it does get me demotivated quite a bit.

I'm glad I joined the Rebels then, thanks for the support.

I don't know how this challenge works but I'll go check it out thanks.

Welcome!

I'd tell my family that I'm a product of their awesome genes and superior child-rearing methods, and that I'm therefore very capable of doing well in both school and my extracurricular interests at the same time.  Silly families. :lol:

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano