Forums are back in action! ×

Hi, I'm looking for people (more the merrier) who'd be willing to form a Facebook group, or text, or email.... Help me stick to my routine and not fall into a funk. My focus is more on mental health than physical, but I am aiming to eventually start doing some hiking, jogging, martial arts, dance, and other stuff. I think my diet is pretty good as is and I'm happy to offer advice on cooking (I'm a pretty good cook).

My nerdishness is in being a totally fantasy and SciFi bookworm (I prefer bookwyrm). After all, very little can't be improved with either lasers or dragons (or dragons with lasers?). Also a bit hooked on certain video games... Dragon Age, Mass Effect. I am a history nut, I have a ridiculous amount of knowledge about ancient history and not a whole lot to do with it.

Anyways, I don't have much in the way of a real life support system beyond my therapist. I could use some friends to keep me inspired or nag me a little or just chat about nerd stuff.

Space_Elf, Fallohide Hobbit Level 0. STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Battle Log | 

Science fiction is an existential metaphor, that allows us to tell stories about the human condition. Isaac Asimov once said: "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

If you're still looking for someone to help motivate I'd be happy to oblige! I don't exactly have an active facebook account but I'd happily be a part of any group or network! I am also looking to expand mine a bit so if you're up for just say the word!

I'm into all kinds of health and motivation: Physical, Mental, and Financial so just consider me a jack of all trades. That being said I'm certainly not an expert in anything but I can definitely try to keep you or your group motivated if need be!

I'm training to be (like) Batman physically, mentally, and financially.

Hey there, @Space_Elf, I'm also focused on mental health and could use help with diet. I have chronic &major depressive disorder, insomnia, and bpd. My (second best ever)  counselor just went into private practice so I'm stuck with a new woman that I'm not quite liking. So, I'd love to be part of your group, whether it's fb, group text, etc! I love sci fi and fantasy esp. I read daily and love your term "bookwyrm" :flustered:. Let me know what next step y'all think we should take, @Roamer @Koaladle @Space_Elf. I'm gonna keep browsing to see who else has similar goals on here; maybe there's a group already that would benefit us?