Forums are back in action! ×

Geek Or Nerd

Are You More a Geek or Nerd  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Are You More a Geek or Nerd

• Geek!
    • Nerd!

I'm a total Geek, pretty much encyclopedic knowledge on stuff no one cares about. I'm also the guy in my group of friends that makes jokes no one gets until a few days later when they Google it. I always just thought of Geeks as basically Nerds with ADD :P

|
|

"Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done."

"I can only be beaten in two ways: If I give up or if I die."

Agree with several of y'all, geek /= hipsters. Hipsters wear skinny jeans and glasses with thick black rims; they also drink piss while calling it beer.

According to that infographic, I'm probably mostly geek, but love nerd movies and am an engineer. Can't vote though, use the forums exclusively from my phone (hence no more participating in challenges *sadface*).

I don't think this is a relevant dichotomy anymore - nerd/geek culture have been above ground for too long now. Most "normal" or "average" people have some seriously nerd/geek tendencies. Hell, lots of the people on NF can't even be separated from the "jock" archetype - myself included. It's nothing for me to talk about "crushing a new Deadlift PR" in one breath, the "awesomeness of Race for the Galaxy" in the next, and some kind of obscure science tidbit in the one after that.

Where NF is concerned, let's just go with "We're all #@$%ing awesome!", ok?

Where NF is concerned, let's just go with "We're all #@$%ing awesome!", ok?

Truth. I've always been a geek/nerd/whatever but this site in particular has made me embrace it. Its like "I'm a nerd, and so are all these people, and we all #@$%ing rock!" mentality that is site gives off.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Jump Rope Rotations: 20,500/80,000

What is Dead May Never Die, but Rise Again, Harder and Stronger

I'm a Nerd, through and through, heh, even by Loren's Circle graph. Guess there's no escaping it...

So, I think I'll just sit back and enjoy my place in this world *gets comfortable* Aaaaaaaahhh......

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

That infographic basically described "Geek" as "hipster", not awesome. I'm a geek, I have been forever. I'm in no way a hipster.

IMHO, this is a much better depiction of geek v nerd.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2586[/ATTACH]

Ok according to this I'm a Dork that loves Geeks so I guess I need to find a new T-Shirt to take a pic of for my avatar that says "I heart Geeks" And all this time I thought I loved Nerds. Maybe this is why I'm still single, I was looking in the wrong gene pool. :love-struck:

“Women are like teabags. You never know how strong they are till they get in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

MyFitnessPal Diary

Well, looks like I'm just a Human

STR 1; DEX 2; STA 1; CON 2; WIS 4; CHA 5

Bumblebee's Quest to Play!

Nerd according to the graphic. I've always identified myself as a nerd, though I was never into geek/nerd culture all that much aside from computers and Star Wars (don't really care for comics, I've owned a dozen tops in my life, and I don't really care for the fantasy genre or what I call horror sci-fi (dark sci-fi)). My video game interests scream nerd from afar (Civilization, TTD).

Though I'm currently deep into what I consider one of my nerdiest pursuits, modeling how well prospects will perform in the NFL based on workout #'s and predicting draft picks. Sports isn't usually considered a nerdy thing, but..... the system of numbers with the football is a vast wild frontier that has only somewhat been tamed, there are patterns in the chaos, many of which are as of yet undiscovered. Modeling the problem(s) and finding solutions is a neverending source of entertianment (for me).

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

Though I'm currently deep into what I consider one of my nerdiest pursuits, modeling how well prospects will perform in the NFL based on workout #'s and predicting draft picks.

That sounds pretty awesome, make sure to share what you find here!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Jump Rope Rotations: 20,500/80,000

What is Dead May Never Die, but Rise Again, Harder and Stronger

Eh, I don't really think its appropriate here. It is not a small amount of data, most here don't really care. I always use the same name forum to forum.

That and when he figures it out, like hell he'll start telling us who to pick for the superbowl in coming years :P

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

I'm neither :(

You have to be one of them, maybe you have a mixture of both?

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."