Forums are back in action! ×

Photography nerds!

Very nice!

I took photography in college, and it was a big waste of $11,000+.

But I still had fun.

I still have my DSLR and my portfolios, and I still take pictures now and then.

I know a thing or two about photography, but I wouldn't call myself good.

My portfolio images look nice since I had access to a million fancy equipmentses.

But I'm stronger in digital imaging/photo restoration. I can edit like a badass but my shots are pretty unclean.

Here's a few from my portfolio;

HD0spw2l.jpg

n7oSJCIl.jpg

XMv3qBCl.jpg

e0jD6pUl.jpg

• Like 1

Primal Chai
Race: Human | Class: Adventurer

[Level: 0 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 ]

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."  - Christopher Hitchens

Those are still nice :-) what do You Have for a camera?

It's not 80% diet, 20% exercise, it's 100% diet, 100% exercise. Give it your all.

My journey (Date - Total - BF % - LBM)

2012-01-01 - 242 - 35% - 157

2013-12-15 - 172 - 10% - 155

2016-05-01 - 231 - 25% - 173

Those are still nice :-) what do You Have for a camera?

I am going to assume you meant me?

Nikon D90. Nothing super special. Used different lenses for different pix though, can't remember what.

Primal Chai
Race: Human | Class: Adventurer

[Level: 0 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 ]

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."  - Christopher Hitchens

I specficially went looking for a photography thread on here and found this one. Let's resurrect it. Anyone have any fun pics from the winter? I am trying to up my photography game from amateur to, well, whatever the next level up is. I have done a couple of weddings, engagements, maternity, and baby photo shoots free for friends and family, but I am being paid to shoot a wedding this summer.

I normally shoot with a Sony A700, but I just purchased the Sony A77. It should arrive tommorrow and I am super excited to check it out!

Oh, hi!

I actually just shot some stuff with my program today to gear up for a national campaign for attention/funding, and I'm shooting some sort of summit for a few hours tomorrow that apparently has some congressional representation at it... Should be interesting! I've posted some food up on here, lately, like the bread I made last night, and the cabbage that then fed me, so here's those:

14.03.23 Bread

Red Cabbage

I've been trying to catch up on overdue projects, so I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with all the photo-editing, but am hoping that can get finished before I go to North Carolina in two weekends! I've had people threaten to pay me for stuff, but I'm really bad at getting the pictures back to people, and am still very much an amateur enthusiast, so I won't let (most of) them yet. :)

Current Challenge #39 - 15.02.23  |  Challenges: #38, #29  |  Fitocracy: redtomato501

I took a couple photos at the 4T meet-up too! This is probably my favorite (thought not ultra pretty):

_MG_4110-X2.jpg

I'm also really excited because I ordered a prime lens (Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II) and it's supposed to arrive TODAY. So soon I should be able to take better indoor/low light pictures. Yay, new toys!

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

I'm also really excited because I ordered a prime lens (Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II) and it's supposed to arrive TODAY. So soon I should be able to take better indoor/low light pictures. Yay, new toys!

How exciting :)

Are you using it with a APS-C camera? I use a Minolta 50mm f/1.8 with mine, but it has a crop factor. I have been looking at a 35mm f/1.8 to more closely match the 50mm on a full frame sensor. But since I just got a new camera and lens, I will hold off a bit longer...

I don't take a lot of pix, but I fix 'em real good

Ha ha, nice!

Are you using it with a APS-C camera? I use a Minolta 50mm f/1.8 with mine, but it has a crop factor. I have been looking at a 35mm f/1.8 to more closely match the 50mm on a full frame sensor. But since I just got a new camera and lens, I will hold off a bit longer...

I use my Canon 50mm f/1.8 on my crop factor camera, the Canon Rebel T2i... I'm with Prairie that the focal length doesn't always work for me, but I use it a lot for the low light anyway. Just super frustrating when most indoor situations are low-light, and I can't back up past the wall to get more than one person in my view!

Current Challenge #39 - 15.02.23  |  Challenges: #38, #29  |  Fitocracy: redtomato501

Ha ha, nice!

I use my Canon 50mm f/1.8 on my crop factor camera, the Canon Rebel T2i... I'm with Prairie that the focal length doesn't always work for me, but I use it a lot for the low light anyway. Just super frustrating when most indoor situations are low-light, and I can't back up past the wall to get more than one person in my view!

Yeah, I don't pull out the 50mm f/1.8 very often. I have been using my 28-75mm f/2.8 mostly. And I am looking forward to using the 16-50mm f/2.8 I just got yesterday.

How exciting :)

Yeah, I have the EOS 450D. It apparently has a 1.6 crop factor, but I've never really thought about it before, so I guess I'll just have to play with the new lens and see what that means for me. I'm mega super amateur when it comes to photography and equipment. Pretty much everything I do know is self-taught and I get away with most of it because I have a decent eye for framing.

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

Yeah, I have the EOS 450D. It apparently has a 1.6 crop factor, but I've never really thought about it before, so I guess I'll just have to play with the new lens and see what that means for me. I'm mega super amateur when it comes to photography and equipment. Pretty much everything I do know is self-taught and I get away with most of it because I have a decent eye for framing.

Yeah 1.5-1.6 is a normal crop factor for APS-C cameras. If you aren't used to shooting with a 50mm lens on a full frame camera (digital or film) then you won't notice anything "wrong". It just means you need a bit more stand off distance...

Hopefully you cans share some pics from your new lens!

I spent a long time with a 35mm on a cropped sensor and it was great, but I love my 50mm now for the extra tightness around subjects. It's a nice artistic change from the 35mm. :) 

Sadly I lost my 35-70mm f2.8 a long while back. That was the best all around lens I ever owned. 

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Photo nerd here, been a while since I've gotten out to shoot anything though, too much school. Got a D90 with a regular zoom, a 50mm prime and a 90mm macro if I remember correctly (yeah... it's been a long while).

Flickr account... don't mind the computer parts, that's another hobby.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/37608969@N02/

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Photo nerd here, been a while since I've gotten out to shoot anything though, too much school. Got a D90 with a regular zoom, a 50mm prime and a 90mm macro if I remember correctly (yeah... it's been a long while).

Good stuff there. Especially the Ron Paul pics :)

• Like 1

I wouldnt call myself a photagrpher persay but I do love taking pictures. Here is my flickr if you are interested. I need to get out and practice more but its been winter and im in michigan so ... yeah... I dont like cold..... or snow... its evil....( a few of the pictures in my edit set were not taken by me. I just got bored and edited them on my phone...)

In brightest day, In blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight, Let those who worship evils might, beware my power, GREEN LANTERNS LIGHT!

You've got some stunning shots in the there. Particularly the computer parts … just kidding. Particularly the waterfalls.

Since we're in Flickr sharing mode:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/12773268@N02/

• Like 1

Race: Ferret | Class: Assassin | Level: 4 | STR: 6  DEX: 3  STA: 1  CON: 5  WIS: 7  CHA: 3

Battle Log | Challenges: 1, 2, 3

You've got some stunning shots in the there. Particularly the computer parts … just kidding. Particularly the waterfalls.

I dont know why but I just cant get over the squirrel one. i love it.

In brightest day, In blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight, Let those who worship evils might, beware my power, GREEN LANTERNS LIGHT!

Heh, would definitely call myself a photography nerd.

Right now my weapons of choice are a Nikon D3000 with a standard 18-55 lens and a little Pentax WG-1. I'd love to upgrade, but financial circumstances restrict just how much I can spend. Even so, the Nikon has been amazing as a starter DSLR, and I've caught some pretty good things on it. And the little Pentax is ideal as a go-to for photographing on the water or any other less than camera friendly conditions.

...currently looking to get a waterproof case for the Nikon, though it still won't travel with me as much as the Pentax. Kind of reluctant to put it in the face of danger! Or mud and rocks and rivers... 

For anyone curious, I'll put up my Flickr as well.

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

I get to be the other kind of photo nerd: I take ordinary photos with simple kit, but take it to the water or hang it off kites or lately a little quadcopter to get shots from places that are impossible otherwise.  And I'd just about got the hang of it when I crashed it into a tree where it lurked for a couple of weeks -- which is why I don't dare spend lots on the camera part!

Here's a couple of nice ones. 

13130763914_b55bd1833f.jpg

13012235063_2dca3592ea.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks... I love the barn/silo pictures you've got.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I get to be the other kind of photo nerd: I take ordinary photos with simple kit, but take it to the water or hang it off kites or lately a little quadcopter to get shots from places that are impossible otherwise.  And I'd just about got the hang of it when I crashed it into a tree where it lurked for a couple of weeks -- which is why I don't dare spend lots on the camera part!

Here's a couple of nice ones. 

I have been thinking about trying drone photography. What kind of quadcopter are you using?

I have a parrot ar drone; toy-simple to fly but limited payload. There's a whole load of models up - lots of dji phantoms, f450's and so on, but they kinda say get a toy quad first and crash that a bit. Winding back, I just got a tiny hubsan x4 to play with for skills.

Drones are like bicycles, there's no end of money you can spend on fancy ones. And that's before gimbals, fpv gear...

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk