Forums are back in action! ×

Name that Sushi

Wil

Ok guys, I love sushi, and I usually have some kind of Bento box at least twice a week. Only thing is. I have no idea what the heck kind of fish I'm eating. So here is a pic of my lunch today (along with a cup of miso soup). I know the shrimp (ebi) and eel (unagi) and the imitation cab stick (name?). The rest elude me, but I eat it all the same. I'd really like to know what the white fish is towards the bottom, that is my least favorite.

Thanks!

Wil

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2643[/ATTACH]

I'll take a stab at it.

Starting at the ginger....tuna, salmon, yellowtail, shrimp (you had that one), whitefish. The rolls look to be tuna. I could have the yellowtail and whitefish mixed up.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

the bottom white one looks to be ika/scored squid... was it rubbery...?

the fish that looks white in the middle is traditionally fluke, but these days many places substitute tilapia or some other cheaper fish... yellowtail is red in color (i'm pretty sure...)...

the brown one is unagi/eel...

everything else is obvious... i think... :)

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

the fish that looks white in the middle is traditionally fluke, but these days many places substitute tilapia or some other cheaper fish... yellowtail is red in color (i'm pretty sure...)...

Looking at the pic again, I now see the lines going through the bottom one, and you're right, yellowtail is more of a red (pinkish) color. Also, although I said "white fish", I do believe it is a generic term used to describe whatever white fish is in season at the time, so I'd go with your answers on that middle one as well.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

the brown one is unagi/eel...

everything else is obvious... i think... :)

Yeah is was rubbery.

Thank you guys. I think I'll skip the squid from now on. It just tastes funny to me. Everything else is great.

Archived