Forums are back in action! ×

Life Goal 2012 Woot

bigm141414

So one of my life goals I set out to accomplish this year is all but complete. Today I was offered to write and define my first specification (datasheet) as a systems engineer. This is huge for me. I'll still have to do my other work but it is big step toward being a full time systems engineer.

So yay me!

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Woot woot! That's awesome news!

Thanks tin man!

Not sure what that means, but sounds awesome!! Congrats!

Thanks CH. Basically, I'll write stuff like this (although not entirely like that since it is a datasheet from a different company), which defines how a microchip works. I then work with the end customer integrating it into their products.

YAY!!!! I love hearing these WOOTS!~

You go on with your bad ass self!!!

Thanks wicked!

i'm clueless too... but GREAT JOB BRO....!!!!

Hah, no worries ETF. Thanks! I'm really excited about this. I saw the opportunity and took life by the horns. Didn't even give them a choice, just told my team I was doing it. :D

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

As a fellow engineer(ish), I concur as to the difficulty in obtaining meaningful work as the junior member of an engineering group. May you exceed all their expectations :)

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Hell yes! Blow them away!

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 500, align: center] [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Shmikey Lvl 1 Half-Elf Assassin | STR: 3 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 2 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3 |
"True courage is the ready and steadfast acceptance of whatever pains are incidental to securing the personal and public ends that are at stake." -William De Witt Hyde [/TABLE]

Thanks all! I've been going through the basic stages of any career move:

1) Elation and excitement at the new responsibilities.

2) Slow realization that this is going to take a lot of work

3) Panic that I have no idea what the heck I am doing.

4) MOAR panic

5) Slow realization that everything is going to be okay, just buckle down and get to work.

6) Acceptance of new role and all that it entails, even the unknown.

Right now currently on Stage 5. Stage 3 and 4 I went through last night. My mind wouldn't shut up long enough to let me get a decent nights sleep. Stupid brain. :D

Sigh, this is no longer a Woot for me. My group went through a re-org and the project I was working on moved to another group. Therefore, I am back down to my regular old job.... :(

Aww, I'm sorry BigM...but I'm sure you'll find a way to blow their minds with your awesomeness soon!

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

Archived