Forums are back in action! ×

Tattoo thoughts

Morrigainz

All I can say is NEVER pay for flash. Get an original design. Or pull a cool one from someplace. It'll be basically the same cost. Although some flash may be cool, do you really want something 10,000,000 have?

If you do get flash...have them tweek it to make it stand out...but other than than...NEVER pay for flash

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

Here's the new one as of this weekend. (lousy self pic at work, but hey, you get the idea)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2712[/ATTACH]

post-5151-1356724359715_thumb.jpg

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

I have one on my right hip, just above.. (reference point it's right near where I have a scar from the removal of my galbladder.

Hmmm, your gallblader-ectomy scar must be low. Did you have yours done laparoscopically? That's how mine was done and I have 2 teeny scars...but they are more under boob than near hip.

Here's the new one as of this weekend. (lousy self pic at work, but hey, you get the idea)

LOVE this! That is awesome :)

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

It's actually a view of the Grand Tetons and Snake River during sunrise

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Sorry, I didn't read the whole thread. But I do LOVE tattoos and love it when people are ready to take the plunge! I am actually taking part in a project right now about tattoos, the point of which is to put people getting ready for their first tattoo at ease by talking about the meaning behind their tattoos and their experiences.

I suggest looking specifically for an artist who has a lot of experience in what you want. It looks from the first page (not sure if it's changed since then . . . like I said I got lazy LOL!) that you're interested in Celtic Knotwork . . . I can point you in the direction of my artist if that is what you're looking for. I also suggest only ever going to a custom artist and take as long as you need to to research which artist you want to use. It took me 3 years to find my artist after I started searching, and I regret nothing of working with her. I now have 3 tattoos by her (one a cover-up . . .and a fourth tattoo by a different person, which was actually my first tattoo). You want someone who is as passionate about your tattoo as you are. And hell, even more so. I went in with a vague, but passionate, idea of what I wanted (I'm no artist), but what she came up with for me is more than I could have even imagined. Especially my memorial tattoo for my grandmother . . . it gets a lot of compliments.

Most everyone who has posted has given sound advice. When you find something you like think about it for a while. Print it out and tape it to your mirror. I've got three tats that I love and don't ever regret getting. And I'm hoping to get more! My first one was Calvin from Calvin & Hobbes standing with his one hand on his hip and the other rubbing his chin in a "where is Hobbes?" kind of thought. I got this the year after I graduated high school and way before Calvin started pissing on truck logos! The artist who did it said it was the very first one he ever did. My next tattoo was an armband on my left bicep with mythree kids names as well as my wife's name. Sice then we've had two more kids and I've already added one name since I did leave a space just in case. I don't know what to do in regards to my fifth kids' names as there is no more room in the band and it would look weird with a random name just below the others. I've been trying to come up with a redesign of it. My third tattoo is a winged sacred heart with a star (USA), a sun (Philippine) and a maple leaf (Canada) in the crown above the heart and sunrays piercing out of some clouds in the background. This I have on my left forearm.I'm not sure of my next tattoo interns of what and where I get it. All I know is I want more! Do I finish the left arm and get a whole sleeve or do I get another forearm tattoo on my right arm? Do I get the pinup style tattoo using my wife as the model? I really like this idea! Decisions decisions!

Whatever you do think long and hard about the design and less about what others say, even your husband!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Yeah, I got this!" -andygates

Archived