Forums are back in action! ×

How would you change the world?

21katykat01

How would I change the world? Heh, I'd show the people around me, how to live honorable, respectable, GOOD Lives. To inspire them to be honest and to keep their words. I am a living example of this, (to the best of my abilities) but it's sad when someone doesn't believe that I'm trying to help them just because it's the right thing to do, not because I want something out of them later! As much as I love the Godfather, I am not one! I'm too nice!

Yes! Yes! A thousand times YES! That is exactly what I do, and I have seen some of my closer friends start to do the same. I don't know if it was because of my example, but I would like to believe it was more from them maturing, that way I can still have hope for humanity as a whole.

And so many people think I'm trying to get something from them or have them indebted to me. I have never once done that and I never will. If I want something, I will ask for it. Well, not until that something is needed, but anyway...

Gymell, those are really beautiful pictures and a lovely garden. What are those flowers at the bottom of the first picture? The ones with the white points on them.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Gymell, those are really beautiful pictures and a lovely garden. What are those flowers at the bottom of the first picture? The ones with the white points on them.

It's called Culver's root. A really cool looking wildflower! Here's some more information about it: http://www.illinoiswildflowers.info/prairie/plantx/culverx.htm

--

Liz

Shameless plug for my online photo gallery

Check out my backyard bird feeders

I want to develop a economic theory and policies that actually helps developing countries develop without having to go into debt to teh World Bank or IMF. I was to start a company that works on all level of society to stimulate the economies. Micro-loans on the grass root level. Lobbying at teh national level to work for stronger anti corruption laws and private property protection. Develop a mentor program within industries so established companies help developing companies in developing nations become successful.

Try everything once. If it kills you don't do it again.Paleo- So Easy A Caveman Can Do It

I have to say, I am so impressed with everyone here who is doing so much to inspire others. When I started the thread, that wasn't what I was expecting but go all of you! You're awesome! :D

I really want to inspire others to be the best they can be. I hope to do that partly through teaching as a postgrad and later as a lecturer, but I really want to do more. To work with young people to encourage them. Figuring out the best way to do it. Considering even starting an organisation of my own. It makes me happy to think I might have made a difference to someone :)

I am! I'm glad you liked it here. I prefer open spaces myself, but for a student town, it's not too bad! I'm doing my PhD in Psychology, I heart it :)

Well, it's open-space adjacent, or at least it was in the mid-90s...and I was coming from central Oklahoma which is flat, 600 miles inland, and (at that time) a 4 hour drive from proper culture... So, Yeah. :)

(Not that the lower drinking age had a thing to do with it or anything...)

Hobbit Ranger
Current Challenge thread

Dúnedain Team Thread

Check out my Musings on Fandom, Life, and the connections between the two at Fandom Lenses
LEVEL: 2 | STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 4 | WIS 9 (+5 from Year of Our WTF) | CHA 5 (+3 from Year of Our WTF)
Tu, was du willst (Do What You Wish)
The Neverending Story, Michael Ende

My 2013 Challenge #1 is dedicated to Melissa Montag, 1975-2012. I Love you AnissaSis! :-)

I'm doing my best to introduce as many kids as possible to the awesomeness that is reading. My dream is to start a teen literature festival that brings nationally recognized young adult authors to my state to meet with kids and interest them in reading.

Hey, how involved are you in OKSL? If not, PM me and I can hook you up with other school librarians attempting to foment revolution via child literacy...

Hobbit Ranger
Current Challenge thread

Dúnedain Team Thread

Check out my Musings on Fandom, Life, and the connections between the two at Fandom Lenses
LEVEL: 2 | STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 4 | WIS 9 (+5 from Year of Our WTF) | CHA 5 (+3 from Year of Our WTF)
Tu, was du willst (Do What You Wish)
The Neverending Story, Michael Ende

My 2013 Challenge #1 is dedicated to Melissa Montag, 1975-2012. I Love you AnissaSis! :-)

I find doing the impossible is possible simply through belief. I use to scoff at people who said they'd change the world. Now I'm a believer. I know I can.

I believe it's all done through love. You can radically change anyone's life by simply loving them.

This, for sure.

I'm starting by loving myself more so I'm less of a dick to others...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

“If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.â€

-Thomas Edison

"I'm only at about 35-40%, and I'm surprised as eff."

-unicornassssin

Fitocracy!

[thread=16121]My Challenge Thread[/thread]

Archived