Forums are back in action! ×

n00b, but loving it so far...

Hello everyone! My name is Lisa and I stumbled across Nerd Fitness just yesterday while researching the paleo diet. Headed to the grocery today after work to make the necessary purchases. Loving the great expanse of info and the way everyone is so supportive. Can't wait to get started!

I'm 33 years old, single, no kids. I had been fairly active and atheletic most of my life, growing up working on a horse farm, horseback riding, playing soccer, hiking, etc. Then I graduated college and got a "real job" where I sit on my keister all day in front of a computer. The pounds snuck up and now I'm just tired of being tired. I miss being outside all day, doing all the things and not being completely worn out.

I'm 5'11" and currently 205 pounds. I'd like to get to somewhere around 165-170, but that's just a guess. I'm really just more worried about getting my body fat percentage down to around 15% and feeling good. I also have developed the genetic slightly elevated blood pressure and would like to make that go away before my doc insists on meds.

I'm interested in getting into powerlifting once I get myself that far. Spezzy's story is incredibly inspiring and I have made her my new role model. :eagerness:

So, that's about it for now. I tend to ramble, so feel free to tell me to STFU if needed. Glad to be here and glad to meet all of you!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Half-Elf Adventurer

STR 2 - DEX 2 - STA 2 - CON 3 - WIS 3 - CHA 3

Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory. - General George S. Patton

Welcome! Plenty of ladies on NF lift...there's a ton of information. I also started lifting after reading Spezzy's story...but I have a long way to go before I look like her ;)

Do you have a plan yet, or are you still in the goal-development stage?

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

I have very little semblence of a plan. I have been doing P90X for about two weeks, but right now I'm more worried about getting my diet cleaned up. So, I'll probably stick to the P90X for the moment while I get the rest taken care of since I actually enjoy P90X and I'm completely out of shape. Have to start somewhere! I do have a gym membership but it's so incredibly boring for me right now. I probably won't go back there until I'm ready to start lifting just because they have the free weights and I've already paid for the membership. I really need to do a lot more research and find a gym buddy to help me out at that point though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Half-Elf Adventurer

Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory. - General George S. Patton

Hey, that's the beginnings of a plan - sounds good to me!!

P90X is great, and nothing to sneeze at. I don't have a great setup for it, so I've never done any of the weighted/band workouts, but I loved the kenpo x and yoga, and managed to get through cardio x and plyo :)

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

I love most of the work outs. Strength days are awesome. I like kenpo the best out of the rest. I don't mind yoga, but it's 90 minutes, which can sometimes be a pain to fit in. And plyo is the bane of my existance now. I've been dealing with a lower back injury for about a year, just now getting it back toward normal, but all the jumping kills me. I've been subbing core syn for plyo lately and hope to add it back in as I get my core strength back up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Half-Elf Adventurer

Archived