Forums are back in action! ×

The Ideal Gym

bildungsroman

So over the past month, I realized I was too broke at the moment for a gym membership and quit going to my MMA gym. Now, my free "gym" looks like this:

521700_10101895210928980_7902024_76776139_1472495806_n.jpg

However, what I liked most about the MMA gym and what I still miss is that their only equipment was punching bags, free weights, a pull-up bar and mats on the floor, which is all I need in a gym. Unfortunately, it was expensive because they also had classes that you could attend as part of your membership fee, and there was no option to only use their equipment. I love my free option now, but I miss punching bags, and while the outdoor view is nice, if it's cold or super hot or raining it's less than ideal.

So, what I'm saying is that some industrious Rebel with more start-up money than I have needs to go out and create a caveman gym with only free weights, pull-up bars, punching bags and mats on the floor and no classes or machines and charge a tiny monthly fee and then send me some royalty checks as gratitude =)

BILDUNGSROMAN:ROGUE MONK LVL 4

STR: 14 | DEX: 7 | STA: 8 | CON: 7.5 | WIS: 10 | CHA: 3Current Challenge | Bildungsroman's Epic Life | Fitocracy | My blog

So, what I'm saying is that some industrious Rebel with more start-up money than I have needs to go out and create a caveman gym with only free weights, pull-up bars, punching bags and mats on the floor and no classes or machines and charge a tiny monthly fee and then send me some royalty checks as gratitude =)

At least the view is great. There is a place near me that is an old school oly lifting gym run out of a guy's garage. Freaking neat...

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

At least the view is great. There is a place near me that is an old school oly lifting gym run out of a guy's garage. Freaking neat...

I would happily take that if it had a punching bag or two... Sadly, I have no place to put one and no money to buy one anyway.

BILDUNGSROMAN:ROGUE MONK LVL 4

STR: 14 | DEX: 7 | STA: 8 | CON: 7.5 | WIS: 10 | CHA: 3Current Challenge | Bildungsroman's Epic Life | Fitocracy | My blog

Actually, cold is less of a problem than extreme heat come summer (I'm in the southern U.S. at the moment).

Yes! Lots of water and listen to your body when you're getting too hot. I lived in the "deep" south for 11 years.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Three words: Air. Conditioned. Gym. I'll wander around outside most of the year, but not from June to September. I'm trying to live longer here.

Hobbit Ranger
Current Challenge thread

Dúnedain Team Thread

Check out my Musings on Fandom, Life, and the connections between the two at Fandom Lenses
LEVEL: 2 | STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 4 | WIS 9 (+5 from Year of Our WTF) | CHA 5 (+3 from Year of Our WTF)
Tu, was du willst (Do What You Wish)
The Neverending Story, Michael Ende

My 2013 Challenge #1 is dedicated to Melissa Montag, 1975-2012. I Love you AnissaSis! :-)

http://www.fit2play.com/

That's the Fit2Play gym in Columbus. A fantastic place. They have weights, kettlebells, no machines ... it is basically a Crossfit/MovNat box. if they had a pool and a climbing wall I'd never leave.

That would be MY ideal gym, but that's only because it's cold and wet in Ohio for a LOT of the year. Yours makes me jealous. I'm also a big lustfan of the place that the Fifth Ape people train.

Level 3 Human Ranger
STR: 9 DEX: 5.25 STA: 14.5 CON: 5.5 WIS: 16 CHA: 5.5 
My Current Challenge

Theres an outdoor gym near to me on Hampstead Heath which is awesome. It has a path that goes round in a full circle with different obstacles all around including Monkey bars, a sit up bench, pull up bars, balance beams, parallel bars. I used to play around there as a kid but as soon as the uk weather becomes more agreeable I'd like to incorporate it into my usual running route.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitter Blog

Attributes:

Strength (STR): 3

Dexterity (DEX): 1

Stamina (STA): 4

Constitution (CON): 2

Wisdom (WIS): 3

Charisma (CHA): 2

I'm hoping that the park I'm eyeing for training at the moment is half as good as that one. I just want a pull up bar that's high off the ground. That's all I want.

You lucked out!

Ditto! My local's got plenty of bars, but they're all kid-height. :(

Imagine a playground for adults...wouldn't that be awesome.

I'm lucky that my closest playground has a bouldering wall, rings and a trapeze (though like the bars, the latter 2 are a bit low)

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

http://www.fit2play.com/

That's the Fit2Play gym in Columbus. A fantastic place. They have weights, kettlebells, no machines ... it is basically a Crossfit/MovNat box. if they had a pool and a climbing wall I'd never leave.

That would be MY ideal gym, but that's only because it's cold and wet in Ohio for a LOT of the year. Yours makes me jealous. I'm also a big lustfan of the place that the Fifth Ape people train.

My god, that place looks amazing. Maybe that's where I'll get a membership when I graduate.

Archived