Forums are back in action! ×

next challenge: april 30th to june 11th

spezzy

Ooh! A challenge! I missed the last one - this will be my first time. What sort of thing should I be looking at? How do I do it? And stuff like that.

I'm currently working towards three circuits in my (beginner) workout instead of two, but maybe I need something more challenging. Like... proper push-ups! Man, if I can start being able to do them I will be deeply thrilled!

I did the most recent challenge and it was my first. I'm not sure if challenges are typically this way, but you chose your own goals, encouraged to do a few diet/fitness and then some level up your life goals. Obviously everyone's working toward different stuff. But I got ideas for my goals based on stuff others were doing. I think the forum for the last challenge is still there. Take a look! I hate to say too much and create boundaries that don't exist.

And last time at the start of the challenge spezzy made a "post here if you're playing" thread. But without blogs, that might be different. That's the easy part, just keep your eyes peeled. I personally like to spend time writing my goals. But I'm a planner. :)

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

2" washers for smaller weight increases

Oh come on, I'm getting impatient!

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that leads to total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." -Frank Herbert, Dune

I think I need to join this challenge thing. ;-) Finally!

Not sure about a goal though. I have a really hard time setting goals because I don't know what is possible in 6 weeks. Like a pull up. Is that even possible if I can barely hang on the bar but not pull myself up at all? Or a handstand? I have tried a few times but never got anywhere mostly because I give up :-( A challenge would help but 6 weeks??

pre-Assassin

Clear eyes, full heart, can't lose!

Twitter

Not sure about a goal though. I have a really hard time setting goals because I don't know what is possible in 6 weeks. Like a pull up. Is that even possible if I can barely hang on the bar but not pull myself up at all? Or a handstand? I have tried a few times but never got anywhere mostly because I give up :-( A challenge would help but 6 weeks??

I kind of ran into the same issue with my running goal, so I went to the Scout Guild and asked them what they thought the best goal for me was. Maybe you should go to the Barbarian Guild or Assassin Guild and ask about the best goals for you.

Marsupial Assassin - LVL 3

STR 10 || DEX 3 || STA 5 || CON 8 || WIS 11 || CHA 7

Fitocracy || MyFitnessPal

I am definitely in for this challenge as well. Hopefully we get some parameters soon. I have a couple goals in mind, and hopefully it will become more clear when we get some rules. I assume the rules will be posted in this thread?

Dwarf Ranger STR 3 // DEX 2 // STA 2 // CON 4 // WIS 2 // CHA 2"It's Simple, so says the Captain;Face Forward,Move Slow,Forge Ahead.Onward! Onward! Onward!"

I am definitely in for this challenge as well. Hopefully we get some parameters soon. I have a couple goals in mind, and hopefully it will become more clear when we get some rules. I assume the rules will be posted in this thread?

I think they'll start a new forum and the first sticky in there will be with the rules. That's what seemed to happen last time anyway.

Marsupial Assassin - LVL 3

STR 10 || DEX 3 || STA 5 || CON 8 || WIS 11 || CHA 7

Fitocracy || MyFitnessPal

Well, Steve's new article is up without any mention of it. Now, I'm wondering when we are going to get some rules.

Patience! Sometimes challenges aren't posted until the day before (and even day of) day one. Spezzy's hard at work on the new challenge format.

So any details yet? I'm struggling to get my goals sorted out when I'm not sure what we're doing about them. It's only a few days away!!

The challenge might determine the fitness parameters, but it shouldn't stop you from your personal goals. Those are more important. Decide on a few goals now, then when to challenge details are posted, you can adjust as needed. :)

Yes, definitely make a thread in the guild that suits you so you can get some advice. :)

It'll most likely be a new thread so it's easily found. :)

Second challenge here, going with sliiiiightly more realistic goals.

I tried googling a good "goal" picture, but all I got was this. I can't stop giggling.

i-must-go-my-people-need-me-soccer.png

Dude... That's hilarious! I can't type without laughing!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Archived