Forums are back in action! ×

I Have 2 New Recruits

leadchipmunk

I got my parents to join me in the paleo lifestyle, and it was their own free will. We were out at dinner and my mom asked me how hard it was for me to stick to the diet in the beginning, and she then said that her and my dad are going to start it the beginning of May. I explained to them as much as I could and showed them the Whole30 diet and Steve's intro to paleo diet article. I'm tightening my diet to be able to do it with them. I'm already over 95% paleo, so it isn't much of a difference for me. But I am cutting back on my fruit to lose more weight.

So, starting Tuesday, May 1st, the three of us are going to do the Whole30.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

My parents were against it for almost 2 months. Right when I started my diet, my dad had an arterial spasm because of high blood pressure and they thought it was a stroke. He was in the hospital for a couple days. I tried to get them to join me then because they started talking about eating better and going on diets and stuff. They adamantly refused it, but supported my decision to do it (make sense of that). I kept trying to get them to join me since. After bouncing on and off of counting fat, and only all kinds of fat lumped together, they finally decided to join me. And I didn't have to bring it up to them this time, it was my mom's idea.

Level 1 Woodwose

Woo! I did a Whole30 on my own, casually trying to avoid the grains that ended up on my plate. I only wish my folks would be in on it with me!

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.

Just an update in the parental woot. Both parents lost 14 pounds in the 30 days, and they are going to keep a mostly paleo/primal diet for the foreseeable (what an oddly spelled word) future. Also, in a moment of weakness (the first in 34 days) they decided to split a Diet Coke today and found out they both hate it now. They were to the point where they could go through a 12 pack a day before this diet.

Level 1 Woodwose

Good work!

I've managed to get my parents into the gym (they live in another city, so we don't actually go together), but I haven't managed to get them to go paleo (ot use free weights instead of machines). They've cleaned up their diet a little bit (e.g., cut back on pop), but they still look at me funny when I tell them I'm losing weight by eating a high amount of fat.

Kewilson - Misfit Adventurer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Operation Phoenix: 6-Week Challenge Thread

STR: 2 (+2), DEX: 0 (+1), STA: 3 (+0), CON: 4 (+0), WIS: 5 (+0), CHA: 1 (+3)

Archived