Forums are back in action! ×

Sharing the Knowledge Threads

spezzy

Hi Everyone!

I'd like to start a new thing here.

Sharing the Knowledge/Catch All/FAQ Threads

So I still need a name for them that's a bit more nerdy than that, but, here's the idea:

Thread is created on a specific topic. Instead of advice being asked specifically to my needs, I ask for something a bit more generic.

Examples:

How to do a deadlift

Handstand walk progressions

What's the best olympic lifting shoe on the market? (Here is my first example! http://nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?10537-Olympic-Lifting-Shoes-Suggestions-Reviews)

The thread, if proved to have useful replies, would then either be made into a sticky or moved into a FAQ section for that guild. That way not only do we have an awesome resource set up for new Rebels, but we also don't have to ask the same questions over and over again :)

Sound good?

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”
The thread, if proved to have useful replies, would then either be made into a sticky or moved into a FAQ section for that guild. That way not only do we have an awesome resource set up for new Rebels, but we also don't have to ask the same questions over and over again :)

Sound good?

I like it! I think it would make more sense to move them to a separate section rather than just a sticky. Otherwise the stickies could start to overwhelm the start of that particular forum.

Don't have any names coming to mind to name it, but I'll see what I can think of.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

I like it! I think it would make more sense to move them to a separate section rather than just a sticky. Otherwise the stickies could start to overwhelm the start of that particular forum.

Don't have any names coming to mind to name it, but I'll see what I can think of.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking - separate FAQ section in each of the guilds.

We can have catch-all threads too.

“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Awesome idea. Been implemented in other fora. Newbs still ask the questions that are answered :P

You will always find a place for people that don't want general hand-out information. They would rather be addressed individually like the special lil snowflake they are.

Not that there's anything inherently wrong with it. But you won't eliminate newb-type questions :)

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Awesome idea. Been implemented in other fora. Newbs still ask the questions that are answered :P

You will always find a place for people that don't want general hand-out information. They would rather be addressed individually like the special lil snowflake they are.

Not that there's anything inherently wrong with it. But you won't eliminate newb-type questions :)

Agreed, but in this case, the answers would be a simple link :-)

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

haha no, and i'm 100% ok with questions from new rebels! I love how helpful everyone is here.

But we don't need 500 threads on "how to do a deadlift" :) Much easier to have a single thread with everyone's awesome responses.

Archived