Forums are back in action! ×

Scroggle me Dunglers with a Grit Club!

Maj. Bloodnok

I did a gymnastic bridge today!

I tend to have a weak back from sitting at a desk, so any day that I do pull-ups or deadlifts is a day that I have back pain later. Not today, though. Today, after doing my usual cool-down stretching, I lay down on a yoga mat, placed my feet and hands properly... and pushed.

Imagine my surprise when my shoulders and head cleared the mat, and everything from my calves to my neck stretched out. There was some maniacal laughter at that point. I did a couple more, just to make sure it wasn't a fluke. More maniacal laughter.

Now I have a new weapon in my arsenal, and a cool trick to show my kids. Hee hee hee!

"If you get into trouble, you can always eat something, blow something up, or throw penguins." - Jim Henson

Woohoo! Awesome flexibility is awesome.

Hobbit Ranger
Current Challenge thread

Dúnedain Team Thread

Check out my Musings on Fandom, Life, and the connections between the two at Fandom Lenses
LEVEL: 2 | STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 4 | WIS 9 (+5 from Year of Our WTF) | CHA 5 (+3 from Year of Our WTF)
Tu, was du willst (Do What You Wish)
The Neverending Story, Michael Ende

My 2013 Challenge #1 is dedicated to Melissa Montag, 1975-2012. I Love you AnissaSis! :-)

Also, I have no idea what the title of this thread means. :)

It's a reference to my username, Major Bloodnok. He's a character from The Goon Show, a popular BBC radio comedy from the 1950s and a major influence on Monty Python's Flying Circus. More on him at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_Bloodnok. Among other things, he's prone to saying things like 'scroggle me dunglers' or 'Great steaming piles of splat!'

I haven't bridged in about nine years, ever since I gave up on Matt Furey's Combat Conditioning. I'd forgotten how good it feels.

"If you get into trouble, you can always eat something, blow something up, or throw penguins." - Jim Henson

Congrats on the bridge. I need to see how close I can get to one. Haven't done that probably since I was in middle school gym.

I haven't bridged in about nine years, ever since I gave up on Matt Furey's Combat Conditioning. I'd forgotten how good it feels.

I so read that as Matt Foley's Combat conditioning. I don't think I could imagine Chris Farley doing a bridge. Well, it would be even harder since he died, but I mean back in his hey day.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Congrats on the bridge. I need to see how close I can get to one. Haven't done that probably since I was in middle school gym.QUOTE]

Totally worth it. Works the entire muscle chain along your legs, back and shoulders. The perfect remedy for spending all day in a veal-fattening pe... ahem, cubicle.

Archived