Forums are back in action! ×

Bare Knuckle Boxer Physique?

leadchipmunk

Do you mean Fedor Emelianenko? That is the only Fedor that came up on google.

And I'm not saying that those two things (strength/bulk and speed/endurance) are completely separate, but they are very unlikely to be together. It seems like it would require extreme dedication to make sure you are not focusing more on one aspect than the other. And as I said, I might just attempt mixing the two.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Bare knuckle boxing was a pretty intense sport, it wasn't like modern boxing.

a round ended with a man downed by punch or throw, whereupon he was given 30 seconds to rest and eight additional seconds to "come to scratch" or return to the centre of the ring where a "scratch line" was drawn and square off with his opponent once more. Consequently, there were no round limits to fights. When a man could not come to scratch, he would be declared loser and the fight would be brought to a halt.

I stole that from wikipedia, so it must be true.

Anyway, that kind of a fight seems like you would have to be in pretty good shape as far as endurance goes anyway. Some of these fights would last for hours.

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

Race: Fiendish Blue Extension Cord

Class: Warrior
Links:  MFP  Battle Log  Current Challenge

I remember reading that exact quote on an article about Bendigo Thompson, a bare knuckle boxer turned Methodist minister. Here's another quote about him:

One fight that has been immortalised in local legend between Bendy and Hucknall-born rival Ben Caunt (see right) lasted a mind-blowing 96 rounds before Caunt collapsed from exhaustion.

Talk about endurance.

And to lay the whole moustache being the source of the power, the winner of the above quoted fight was this guy.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2747[/ATTACH]

Level 1 Woodwose

Guest Snake McClain
Do you mean Fedor Emelianenko? That is the only Fedor that came up on google.

And I'm not saying that those two things (strength/bulk and speed/endurance) are completely separate, but they are very unlikely to be together. It seems like it would require extreme dedication to make sure you are not focusing more on one aspect than the other. And as I said, I might just attempt mixing the two.

Look at Brock lesnar. Built like a tank. Moves like a freight train at high speed. Its possible.

Bare knuckle boxing was a pretty intense sport, it wasn't like modern boxing.

I stole that from wikipedia, so it must be true.

Anyway, that kind of a fight seems like you would have to be in pretty good shape as far as endurance goes anyway. Some of these fights would last for hours.

I've read a little on the history of this. That's accurate.

I remember reading that exact quote on an article about Bendigo Thompson, a bare knuckle boxer turned Methodist minister. Here's another quote about him:

Talk about endurance.

And to lay the whole moustache being the source of the power, the winner of the above quoted fight was this guy.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2747[/ATTACH]

I know this story. It was somewhere in the south. The first round went something of 45 minutes. They were both so beaten and sun burnt that the ring man of one threw in the towel. Those were serious men back then.

Well the Batman movie is already filmed and in post production. I'm not sure if he got much bigger. in the movie WARRIOR which came out after Bronson he lost like 6%bf and was looking like a tank. pretty awesome. i wish i had the money for a personal trainer and to do nothing but workout, sleep and eat. lol

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2737[/ATTACH]

seriously. he's siiiiiiick.

omg, those Traps on his back! I've never seen anything like it!

<--<< Daughter of Artemis >>-->

The last legal bare knuckle boxing title match in the country was in Hattiesburg, MS. It was a fight between John L. Sullivan and Jake Killrain, it lasted 75 rounds. Sullivan threw up in the 44th round and still managed to win it ha!

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

Race: Fiendish Blue Extension Cord

Class: Warrior
Links:  MFP  Battle Log  Current Challenge

Thinking about it, I kinda have this physique (Nowhere near as tonk as Tom Hardy though!)

Last time I checked my body composition, I had 84kg of Muscle/Skeletal Mass and 18kg of Fat, So i'm roughly in the right area :P. And to me the only real advantage of this kind of physique is power.

But because of the extra weight, I'm not as fast, flexible or agile as I can be. Also endurance is a bitch.

However I've been training for this my entire life. I've played semi-pro/pro football (Soccer) as a goalkeeper since I was young. And I've always sucked with diet. So to make up for it, I've become as fast and agile as I possibly can be, with the extra weight.

But then the way I describe how it feels to me is, Imagine a Ripped dude with a 20kg Vest on. Sure, he can run for 2 miles, but he could run for 5 without the vest on.

Sure he can do 10 pullups, but without it he could do 20. He can sprint fast, but he can sprint even faster and for longer without the vest. And so on, you get the idea :)

I can 100% see why this kinda physique is useful for fighting though. Its just sheer power.

But If you want to get into free-running, it'll take more work with this kind of physique, But it's 100% achievable. The sky is the limit!

Hope I helped :D

Actually that helped very much. That is exactly how I thought it would be, extremely fit but with the excess fat slowing you down. But even at the rates you said, run 2 miles and 10 pullups, I would be more than happy to experience that. And as always, if I decide this is what I want, I will push myself to make it into free running. Thanks NomadJamie

Level 1 Woodwose

Archived