Forums are back in action! ×

Me v2.0... and beyond

I'm new here but I actually began my lifestyle transformation journey around middle of March last year. When I started I was turning 40, weighing in at 230lbs, wearing 40" jeans and taking medication for hypertension (elevated blood pressure). What helped spur this lifestyle change was not only my condition but my wife was diagnosed pre-diabetic and was told she needed to make some changes. Sooo... 2 gym memberships and 12 months later I'm down to 195lbs and wearing size 34" jeans (might have to go to 32" soon :smug: ) and no longer having to take BP medication. My wife has also made great strides in her fitness as well. She has gone from 206lbs down to 186lbs. Both of us are still continuing on our journey and plan on keeping course.

I wish I would have found this forum earlier. This forum is right in my wheelhouse as I'm currently working for NASA as a Network Administrator at the National Space Science and Technology Center in Alabama. I love everything geek/nerdy so I have a feeling I'll fit right in :emmersed:

Anyway... glad to [finally] be here.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]“Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Loseâ€

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - Albert Einstein

-------------------------

DailyBurn | Fitocracy | Twitter

Welcome! Sounds like you will fit right in :)

What are some things that helped with your weight loss? Are you into running? Cycling? Swimming? Weight lifting?

And congrats to your wife too...is she going to be joining us on the forums as well? :D:D:D

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

I doubt my wife will join... ins't into forums or anything geeky/nerdy

I am into strength building now. When I started and was basically doing only cardio (treadmill or elliptical). I could only walk on the treadmill at the beginning but slowly built my walking up to running using 30 second intervals and then 1 minutes, then 2 minutes and eventually I was able to run for 30 minutes without stopping. I still try and run twice a week unless my legs are shot from strength training the day before.

I use the Daily Burn site to track all my food intake and workouts (you can see my profile here if you want). Sorry if this looks like a promo for the site... It's not. Just showing you what I used and if you want you can go see my food and workout logs over the past year (if you're REALLY bored) to see what I was doing.

For the last month or so I have been doing a program called Starting Srength which I really liked. On May 14th I am transitioning over to a program called Stronglifts 5x5 which I'm looking forward to.

That's what I'm doing in a nutshell.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]“Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Loseâ€

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - Albert Einstein

-------------------------

DailyBurn | Fitocracy | Twitter

Archived