Forums are back in action! ×

Someone recognized my weight loss

UncleTone

I stepped on the scale this morning and I have lost 37 pounds in the past 8 weeks. That was an awesome woot for me considering I have been eating like crap since the baby was born a week ago.

BUT

An even bigger woot for me is when one of my professors approached me after class and asked me if I was losing weight because it certainly looked like I was, especially in my face.

I was ecstatic to hear that because no one ever tells me they notice a difference, except of course a few people in my family, so I was doing a tiny celebratory dance in my head when my prof. told me that she has noticed!

Dwarf Ranger STR 3 // DEX 2 // STA 2 // CON 4 // WIS 2 // CHA 2"It's Simple, so says the Captain;Face Forward,Move Slow,Forge Ahead.Onward! Onward! Onward!"

Thanks guys.

It is definitely awesome when someone else recognizes it because, and this will sound odd, but when I am losing weight and no one asks, then I wonder if I really am losing weight or if I am just tricking myself. I know how ridiculous that sounds because the scale keeps moving and my clothes keep falling off, but it is nice to hear a compliment to know that you are looking different to others.

I was feeling in a rut, so I am thankful that she approached me because it renewed my motivation.

Dwarf Ranger STR 3 // DEX 2 // STA 2 // CON 4 // WIS 2 // CHA 2"It's Simple, so says the Captain;Face Forward,Move Slow,Forge Ahead.Onward! Onward! Onward!"

I'll do a happy dance for you!!

I had a coworker stop me a few days ago to tell me that I keep getting smaller and to keep up the good work. I didn't think anyone noticed either. I've only lost 20 pounds in 3 months. Like you, it definitely gave me some new motivation!

When you're named after the goddess of war, you better deliver.

The Goddess of Electronics:excitement:

6 Week Challenge!!

That is great ElectronicGoddess! I need to make sure I am complimenting people when I notice them doing better for themselves.

Congratulations!

It is definitely awesome when someone else recognizes it because, and this will sound odd, but when I am losing weight and no one asks, then I wonder if I really am losing weight or if I am just tricking myself. I know how ridiculous that sounds because the scale keeps moving and my clothes keep falling off, but it is nice to hear a compliment to know that you are looking different to others.

I'm more like I don't believe the person, most people who have commented on me losing weight know I'm on a diet so I feel like they are just lying to encourage me. I have only gotten one comment that I remember from someone that didn't know I was on a diet (actually it was an ex professor of mine too!), and that made me feel great. But mostly the only people that I talk to and see on any regular basis knows that I am on a diet and trying to lose weight.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

This to me is the best to hear. It's those none scale victories. When I get asked or someone says what are you doing cause it really shows. I eat it up.

Good for you man. Looking forward to hearing more.

Follow me on my journey to lose 200+ lbs in 365 days in my personal blog http://toobig.net

Follow Me On My Journey To Lose 200+ Lbs in 365 Days @ My Personal Blog TooBIG.net (A Weight Loss Journey)

Congratulations!

I'm more like I don't believe the person, most people who have commented on me losing weight know I'm on a diet so I feel like they are just lying to encourage me. I have only gotten one comment that I remember from someone that didn't know I was on a diet (actually it was an ex professor of mine too!), and that made me feel great. But mostly the only people that I talk to and see on any regular basis knows that I am on a diet and trying to lose weight.

Oh yeah I feel like that sometimes too, who knows that I a dieting and who is saying it to keep me moving?

This to me is the best to hear. It's those none scale victories. When I get asked or someone says what are you doing cause it really shows. I eat it up.

Good for you man. Looking forward to hearing more.

Follow me on my journey to lose 200+ lbs in 365 days in my personal blog http://toobig.net

Thanks man, definitely going to follow your blog.

Few things are better than having someone who doesn't know you're working on getting fit compliment you. I love when someone asks that "have you been working out?" question.

congrats

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Yeeha. that gratification, especially from someone outside your normal sphere of influence is so good hey!

You'll have to let us know how youre shedding the weight so well Tone, whats your key hint?

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

Archived