Forums are back in action! ×

6 Week Challenge: April 30th to June 11th

spezzy

Possibly I just play too much _actual_ D&D, but what's the difference between Con and Sta? And is Int being ditched? If so, why not Cha? I love that you guys are making these challenges more interactive and geeky, but I feel like I'm getting conflicting information.

~Willow

Possibly I just play too much _actual_ D&D, but what's the difference between Con and Sta? And is Int being ditched? If so, why not Cha? I love that you guys are making these challenges more interactive and geeky, but I feel like I'm getting conflicting information.

I'm not a gameplayer at all, so take this with a grain of salt. But I think stamina is along the lines of endurance, and constitution is more like your ability to prevent illness and injury.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

“If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.â€

-Thomas Edison

"I'm only at about 35-40%, and I'm surprised as eff."

-unicornassssin

Fitocracy!

[thread=16121]My Challenge Thread[/thread]

CON is constitution, which I'm choosing to interpret as general health-related things. For example my challenge goals that will influence CON are getting proper sleep and brushing/flossing super consistently.

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

You see, Livingroovy, you gotta give people what they want. Besides, the druids need you!

Am I right? Spezzy, Unicornassassin?

Yes!

I mean, you know, maybe, whatever...... I could go either way....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-Thomas Edison

-unicornassssin

Fitocracy!

To me, constitution is like willpower, although the description doesn't exactly fit that. Really, though, I don't think it matters that much if you change them up. It might just not translate that well into OMFG later.

Marsupial Assassin - LVL 3

STR 10 || DEX 3 || STA 5 || CON 8 || WIS 11 || CHA 7

Fitocracy || MyFitnessPal

Ok, this is an awesome challenge. I can't think of a race for myself yet. As of now, with no choice made i'm a no class human. (Its like playing munchkin.)

Choices will be made shortly and stats assigned.

"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform. "-Mark Twain
“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.†– Winston Churchill
“You will either step forward into growth or you will step back into safety.†– Abraham Maslow

Wood Elf Adventurer LEVEL 6.817
Stats: STR-18.62 DEX-8.22 STA-19.05 CON-29.72 WIS-30.26 CHA-22.73

I think I fit more in the Assassin category than any other but my goals are lean towards it and scout. I read through the post but couldn't tell if multi-classing was a thing. Thoughts?
F.A.Q.

Q: I don't want to do any of this silly Class/Attribute Point stuff, can I just do it how I want?

A: Well, you need to pick a class so you have a spot to put your thread. You don't HAVE to do attribute points, but it's more fun that way and gives us a fun way to grade ourselves the same across everyone :)

Q: Can I take part in other guild challenges?

A: Sure, but you only get participation points for ones that are in your guild.

Q: Can I have multiple classes?

A: Sorry - you must pick one.

Nope, or I would be a druid scout :( Oh well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-Thomas Edison

-unicornassssin

Fitocracy!

I really like the cool avatars some people are using and I was wondering where I could get one to use for myself.

Have they been created specifically for this challenge by guilds or are they from a real RPG?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2890[/ATTACH]

post-5197-13567243672509_thumb.png

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."

Challenges: 1 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |

Goodreads

I really like the cool avatars some people are using and I was wondering where I could get one to use for myself.

Have they been created specifically for this challenge by guilds or are they from a real RPG?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2890[/ATTACH]

Ryan Sannar came up with them after Dawsy suggested it might be cool to have guild logos.

http://nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?10601-Guild-Logos&p=152734&viewfull=1#post152734

I am what I do.

Former Soldier, reporting. I'm in.

Get Strong One Day At A Time.
Level 2 Human Warrior (Multiclassing into Assassin)- STR 5, STA 2, CON 3.5, DEX 2, WIS 6 [on a good day...], CHA 5.5

Challenge 4/30/2012; +9 Points

Current Challenge: Captain America and Wolverine are Multiclass Warrior/Assassins
"It is easier to find men who are willing to die than those willing to endure pain with patience."-- Gaius Julius Caesar

Brittanis Dark Arthurian Adventure-- Come to Brittanis. Live the Legend. 

I have a high Con, and low Stamina. As an example, I was once hit by a car on the way to school. I continued to walk to school.

Walk, not run.

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

I'm in! Hopefully I'll do better in this challenge. At least I managed to learn from my mistakes and didn't create a ton of extra goals.

Also, I did find it very difficult to spend 15 points on my attributes. I think the 15 are a bit much to reflect my current status...

I'm struggling to get started on this one and wondering if I should give it a miss and wait until the next challenge. I ended up dropping out with a whimper from the last one (I was applying for a promotion and putting ALL my spare time into that) and achieved none of my goals. This one's come around as my wife's Grandad is in the last few days of his life. I'm torn though if this is just an excuse not to commit? Eh, who knows?

I'm intrigued by the concept of the RPG elements, I think it's a great idea. I'm struggling with wrapping my head around getting it off the ground. I'd go Human and Adventurer (I've no speciality in real life - I just want to be fitter and more lean) but can't figure out how to use up all 15 attribute points.

I'll have to put some thought into it I suppose.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

MrParsnip the level 0 Fremen
Current challenge
I hope I can join, I read about this new rpg challenge only today O_O

I want to build my pg, now O.O

You absolutely can join! To be eligible to win you need to sign up before the end of the day tomorrow. To be eligible to improve your life and be awesome you can sign up whenever!

I am what I do.

Am I a Ranger like I think? Because the strength/endurance description makes me think Warrior/Scout, but I would describe myself (if the multi classes did not exist) as having a long term goal of being a Druid Monk Warrior Assassin who occasionally goes scouting (but only occasionally), and my short term goals are more assassin type goals as I am stuck exercising with what I have at home until I go to uni.

Lvl 1 Dúnadan Ranger

"All that is gold does not glitter."

I have a high Con, and low Stamina. As an example, I was once hit by a car on the way to school. I continued to walk to school.

Walk, not run.

Nice!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-Thomas Edison

-unicornassssin

Fitocracy!

Walk, not run.

I should probably up my con. I was once hit by a SEPTA trolley at 30 mph and walked away with just a concussion and fractured temple.

edit: not walked away. I was in and out of consciousness for a few hours.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Archived