Forums are back in action! ×

Challenge Reward

So all around I've been hearing about what people are going to achieve over the next 6 weeks, but I was curious about what people will be rewarding themselves with?

Besides the obvious weight loss/strength/organisation advantage and the possibility for a sweet prize from Nerd Fitness, is there anything that you'll receive at the end of your challenge?

For me, when (notice I didn't say if) I reach my goals, I'm going to reward myself with a Nerd Fitness Tshirt, and a crazily expensive pair of workout pants from Lorna Jane. I've wanted them forever but couldn't justify the cost.

That's my reward, what's yours?

WarriorAmy
{Insert motivational script here}
STR - 4|DEX - 2|STA - 6|CON - 4 |WIS - 6|CHA- 5

I want the tee shirt too! I'm also gonna get myself a new pair of levi's and a cute new pair of combat boots if I can find any :) My other reward is fitting into an old pair of jeans that are amazing hot, but that I've been a bit too big to wear. I'm nearly there!

Q. Well, what kind of strength do you want?

A. You mean I get to choose? Polar bear strength! I want polar bear strength!

I'm gonna reward myself with a proper pair of weightlifting shoes.

Do not worry if you have built your castles in the air.
They are where they should be.
Now put the foundations under them
. - Henry David Thoreau

I want the tee shirt too! I'm also gonna get myself a new pair of levi's and a cute new pair of combat boots if I can find any :) My other reward is fitting into an old pair of jeans that are amazing hot, but that I've been a bit too big to wear. I'm nearly there!

That's awesome! I need to upgrade jeans too...mine are really baggy, especially round the tummy area.

I'ma get a NF hoodie, finally.
Sweet! Love it.
my reward is going to be holding my own at the competitions i'm in.

i hope. :)

I bet you'll blow them out of the water

I'm gonna reward myself with a proper pair of weightlifting shoes.

They sound expensive! Great reward.

Another tattoo...

Oohhh! Have you decided on what you'll get?

I'm rewarding myself with a healthier and stronger body. :)

Always a win.

I'm going on holiday in June so my reward will be a new bikini to look smokin in. :-D

Love this! I've got a string bikini in my wardrobe that I'm eyeing off for summer (I'm in Australia, so summer is still six months away)

WarriorAmy
{Insert motivational script here}
STR - 4|DEX - 2|STA - 6|CON - 4 |WIS - 6|CHA- 5

I really haven't decided, but maybe I'll be able to get myself that iPhone I'm saving for by then? If so, then that will count as my reward. Otherwise, I would just give myself a big pat on the back for doing well.... and wait until I can buy the iPhone.

Previous Challenges

Current Challenge

"Shine like the whole universe is yours."

- Rumi

Guest Snake McClain

Honestly i never reward myself with anything in life. My reward is my success in my challenges. Maybe I should reward myself...any ideas? *shrug* I never do anything formyself so i dunno...maybe some comic books.

My reward is my success. But I did just order my t-shirt this week and waiting on it now. I'm hoping it arrives today because I wanna wear it during my 10 mile run, but I don't think it will.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I have video games I bought during excersions during lunch breaks in my office. Most of them can only be brought home when a certain work task is completed (usually the more expensive games go with the harder work items). Since one game hasn't a goal attached to it I am now deeming Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle can only be brought home once I finish all the last challenge goals (still need more push ups and body squats) and all of this challenge goals (so I still have an incentive to complete the goals even if it takes more than six weeks).

Level 26, Primal Ultra Trail Scout, Non-Binary Robot

I need to come up with some short-term goals. My eventual goal is new clothes, bought from an actual clothing store rather than Goodwill. This is a huge splurge for me. But I don't want to buy fancy clothes that I will grow out of, so I need interim goals.

I really don't know, any ideas?

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that leads to total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." -Frank Herbert, Dune

I'm hoping to get some NF gear too! Does anyone in the UK know if we have to pay taxes? I've had some clothes from the US before and been busted with an additional £30 tax so want to make sure I have enough money!

I just got the ladies vest but I didn't have to pay any tax on it. Do you know if its dependant on the size of the parcel?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitter Blog

Attributes:

Strength (STR): 3

Dexterity (DEX): 1

Stamina (STA): 4

Constitution (CON): 2

Wisdom (WIS): 3

Charisma (CHA): 2

I'm rewarding myself with some new running shorts, and perhaps a new Bridle for my horse, but only if I'm really good.... Oh and a bottle of wine or a margarita bucket can't decide which...

Amandolin
Level 3|Nymph
|STR 6|DEX 4|STA 5|CON 5|WIS 2|CHA 2|

"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea"-Isak Dinesen
Challenge: 1, 2, 3, 4

I'm going to reward myself with a nice hair cut :)

And maybe a 'magic wave perm' - pretty pricey for someone who regularly spends $10 every 6-9 months on a hair cut!

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Adventure's Guild Challenge winner: Challenge #24

â•‘ Live the Whole  â•‘ Bucket List â•‘Level up my Lifeâ•‘ 

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

Since one of my major goals is saving money... I can justify blowing money on something (I guess it's like rewarding a diet challenge by eating a cake--doesn't make sense!)

So I will take an evening, have a long hot bath, read a book, and really just chill out.

Level 2 Human AdventurerStrength: 2.5 / Dexterity: 4 / Stamina: 2.5 / Constitution: 3.5 / Wisdom: 8 / Charisma: 3

CURRENT challenge thread

First challenge thread

Archived