Forums are back in action! ×

Couch to 5K - 30th March 2019 to 1 June 2019

Just nudging everyone here as we get down to just over a week left. I had a solid run yesterday, although I am behind. I didn't pay for the C25K app, but I'm going to go on record as saying I prefer using Nike+. When we do 10K, I'm going to switch back [emoji6] 
I am vengeance, I am the night, I am the fatman who gives you a fright! Running has done mostly nothing for my weight loss but I'm a man of my word and ou've stuck to the program as such.

I have 2 x c25k runs to do this week and then my 5k run for a children's cancer charity on Sunday will be my official 5k. i can now run the full 5k. When i look back 8 weeks ago i could hard run for 2 mins never mind 32 mins so i have improved a lot.

Fingers crossed i can finish on Sunday, i just want to be able to run the whole thing at this stage...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Thanks for bumping this thread [mention=35180]Sylvaa[/mention], apparently I forgot to bring up my 5k race here. It was a pretty hot, sunny day but I still finished at 35' which is great, given that my personal best is 32'

Oh you little weasel, you knew what this would do to my motivation...!! default_smile.png

Also, decent time, well done!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Very happy and surprised at that result, especially as the course had some steep hills and all my training has been on the flat. The excitement of the day and the drive to beat my colleague and maybe just maybe sneak past a certain Greek fella definitely helped.

31:20 Took about 10-15 secs to stop the clock as well.....back in your court DR default_wink.pngfbb3b6f1bd8e12844bbf76e14a14359e.jpg

• Like 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Just got the chip timer result...31:22....What's Greek for bring it on?!! Love you big fella xx One of these days we'll run one together. I'll be in Europe next June....

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I'm not sure this Greek Pocket Rocket could ever top your amazingly phallic race course... [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3]
Ha ha ha, my colleague also told me all my runs look like cock and balls!! This is my regular course

7a8c1a003d1ead9bd451834b480f3484.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

*Sylvaa Huffs and Puffs into the finish line*

Okay, I did a 5K on Saturday. I got a PR! Yay Me! It was 39:25. So woot for my first 5K under 40:00. Also, it was like 82F (28C for all the rest of the world), so I'm taking that.
Congrats! The training obviously paid off for you too :)

Thanks for hanging out for the pvp, i appreciated the encouragement and common suffering!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

5 minutes ago, Endor said:

Congrats! The training obviously paid off for you too :)

Thanks for hanging out for the pvp, i appreciated the encouragement and common suffering!!

It was actually probably my regular training I do (which includes a ridiculous amount of zone training on an incline) more than the C25K. But I've already gone onto a 10K program. Because I like pain. 

• Like 1

It was actually probably my regular training I do (which includes a ridiculous amount of zone training on an incline) more than the C25K. But I've already gone onto a 10K program. Because I like pain. 
Me too now! 10k booked for 14 Sep and I've got a challenge thread with the scouts for the next one.

Do you have a date for your 10k planned?

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

4 hours ago, Endor said:

Me too now! 10k booked for 14 Sep and I've got a challenge thread with the scouts for the next one.

Do you have a date for your 10k planned?

I'll find you and follow you next time!

I don't have a 10k road race planned right now. I scheduled the 10k plan to end on the same weekend I've got a Spartan Super planned though. Once I finish that, I'll start a half marathon training plan and have that end in October (I do have a half scheduled for the October 19th). 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

I don't have a 10k road race planned right now. I scheduled the 10k plan to end on the same weekend I've got a Spartan Super planned though. Once I finish that, I'll start a half marathon training plan and have that end in October (I do have a half scheduled for the October 19th). 

Wow you are really going for it, I'm impressed! Have you done a Half before?

• Haha 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

11 hours ago, Endor said:

Wow you are really going for it, I'm impressed! Have you done a Half before?

Lol I'm just someone who is too stubborn to quit. I ran my first half back in March, thought I would be happy just finishing (because I am not a runner), but discovered that was definitely a lie. So now I'm doing one again to run it faster. 

• Like 1