Forums are back in action! ×

The doctors told my mom I wouldn't live...

Joseph

I was born 3 and a half months early. The doctors told my mom I had 0% chance, and even if I did I would have severe brain damage. 22 years later so far so good. But today I had a WTF moment. I realised I am so unbelievably lucky to be alive, especially with not a mental or physical problem. My ass needs to get to work and kick life's ass.

What we do Echos through eternity.We are but shadows and dust.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You're the boy who lived?!?!?! Awesome! Congrats on the epiphany. Now get to work ;)

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Guest Snake McClain

that is pretty cool. i think we all have moments like this from time to time. they wake us up and make us realize what we've done wrong or missed.

so great! thanks for sharing :)

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Big hugs. I am lucky to be alive too and my oldest daughter. Without C-sections she and I would both be dead. She had the chord around her neck 3 times! I thank the universe every day for life! Keep it up!

The real world is bizarre enough for me....Blue Oyster Cult!

Oystergirl: Bad Assed Lightcaster (aka wizard!)

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 5

Oystergirl's Bad Ass Lightcaster Wicked Rocking Adventure Challenge!

Come visit my wicked rocking Nerd Fitness blog!

This made me cry & hit home! My baby bro was 3 months early, learned to kick life's ass at a young age. Learned to read at 3, with eyesight so bad they thought he could have been blind. Enlisted in the army & nearly lost his life in Iraq. Luckily, he only lost one leg and the burns heal. We are all so incredibly blessed- we need to make every day count!

Thank you for getting my ass off the couch today!!!!

I know exactly how you feel! I very nearly didn't make it. Had the chord wrapped around my neck during birth and every time my Mum had a contraction I stopped breathing. Emergency C Section it was. And then as a proper small baby the doctors told Mum and Dad I had Cancer. So a little while ago I told myself its time to stop coasting through life and actually make something I want out of it. So setting about getting the job I really want and getting my butt into shape along with some decent healthy eating / living drills! I'm looking forward to kicking life's ass with you and everyone else on here :)

Karma Stu

Level 1 Human Ranger

STR: 2 I DEX: 3 I STA: 3 I CON: 2 I WIS: 3 I CHA: 2

Karma restored

"You have to want it more than you want to continue feeling comfortable, and until you do, you're not going to change a damn thing - no matter how much you lament not being or doing what you 'want'." - Evicious

Archived