Forums are back in action! ×

Synthetic Cargo pants!!!!

Lolken

I'm looking for some loose fit cargo pants made from synthetic materials.. i like them baggy, and light, with a few pockets, and a built in belt is nice also =)

I have been looking all over for something like this with no luck.. Funny thing is my fav pair was actually from Old Navy like 5 years ago.. they have developed a rip in the crotch or i would still wear them.

I know due to my location i will have to shop online, and being that i'm so picky about clothes i was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. nice fit at the waist.. slightly baggy leg.

Thanks!!

I absolutely love cargos, maybe because I don't have the pocket space in any other pair of pants, but my favorites are military style BDU pants. 5.11 Tactical makes some awesome clothes, I don't have any, but my boss swears by 5.11. I personally like the Blackhawk brand. They aren't cheap, but they are made to stand up to anything you can throw at them. They are made for police, EMS and military use after all.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

I still wear my UFO pants. mostly on laundry days or when I am trying to pass as an irresponsible adult but THEY ARE SO COMFY!!! snug waist. with drawstrings so as I get smaller they still fit. zillions of pockets, lightweight, and just kinda cool :) Side bonus is the ankles have drawstrings so when you need to jet you wont trip on yourself. (or you know..carry 7 baskets of laundry up 4 flights of stairs... whatever)

http://www.bewild.com/redufopants.html

*** please place your autograph on the line _____ ; so I can sell it on EBAY when you are famous ***

I'll second BDUs as comfy durable cargo pants. Too bad they make me look like s**t but I still occasionally wear them. Love the pockets.

Oogie McGuire

Black Sheep Shepherdess

STR 4.25 | DEX 4.5 | STA 3.75 | CON 3 | WIS 4.75 | CHA 1

I absolutely love cargos, maybe because I don't have the pocket space in any other pair of pants, but my favorites are military style BDU pants. 5.11 Tactical makes some awesome clothes, I don't have any, but my boss swears by 5.11. I personally like the Blackhawk brand. They aren't cheap, but they are made to stand up to anything you can throw at them. They are made for police, EMS and military use after all.

Tru-Spec 24/7 are good...I have 2 pair. They are tactical pants, that don't really look tactical. 14 pockets, that is some serious stashing of stuff. Best thing, they are about $10 cheaper than 511. They also don't have that "cop" look. Which is cool because even though I'm a cop, sometimes you don't wanna let a bunch of pukes know you're a cop (like in a mall w/ the family).

http://www.qmuniforms.com/Brands/Tru-Spec/24-7-Series/Pants-Shorts/Pants/Tru-Spec-24-7-100-Cotton-Tactical-Trouser.axd

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

I agree with the 5.11 tactical. I wear these on an almost daily basis and love them. I've had issues with True Spec fit. That's what my company supplies (or Propper) for uniform pants but I pay the cost for my own bc I prefer the fit of 5.11. I'm also a girl though. That might be why.

Tru-Spec 24/7 are good...I have 2 pair. They are tactical pants, that don't really look tactical. 14 pockets, that is some serious stashing of stuff. Best thing, they are about $10 cheaper than 511. They also don't have that "cop" look. Which is cool because even though I'm a cop, sometimes you don't wanna let a bunch of pukes know you're a cop (like in a mall w/ the family).

http://www.qmuniforms.com/Brands/Tru-Spec/24-7-Series/Pants-Shorts/Pants/Tru-Spec-24-7-100-Cotton-Tactical-Trouser.axd

Holy 'ell, 14 pockets? I really need some now. I own 2 pair of Propper, 1 pair of Tru-Spec and 1 pair of Jet Lag. 2 pair are different camo patterns for airsoft, and 2 pair are black for work. The "cop" look of the pants don't bother me because everything else about me, besides the pistol if I OC, doesn't look very "cop." But then again, I'm not a cop so it makes sense.

I have ripped the crotch out of 1 pair of the Propper pants, but that was because I just got them and was trying to wear them in, and I stepped up into my high Jeep and the pants were a little low, so the inevitable happened. It wasn't that the pants are poorly made, just that I'm an idiot.

I agree with the 5.11 tactical. I wear these on an almost daily basis and love them. I've had issues with True Spec fit. That's what my company supplies (or Propper) for uniform pants but I pay the cost for my own bc I prefer the fit of 5.11. I'm also a girl though. That might be why.

That makes sense, I don't believe that Tru-Spec and Propper have women's fit pants, just the one size fits most, therefore quite baggy for most, that guys usually have to deal with.

Level 1 Woodwose

You could always just patch the hole...a needle & thread are a lot cheaper than a whole new pair o' pants! Either way, I love that there are so many opinions on cargo pants here. I wish I could wear them but I'm bottom-heavy so they just don't flatter me. LOL

MintyFresh

Monk of the Muay Thai variety

Here's my current challenge!

I did patch them. I actually took an old pair of camo overalls and cut off a pocket and used that as a patch. The patterns match up enough that you can't tell they are different. It hasn't ripped again in the past year and a half of heavy wear.

Level 1 Woodwose

That makes sense, I don't believe that Tru-Spec and Propper have women's fit pants, just the one size fits most, therefore quite baggy for most, that guys usually have to deal with.

Ask..and ye shall receive!!! Here ya go ladies!!!

http://www.qmuniforms.com/Brands/Tru-Spec/24-7-Series/Pants-Shorts/Pants/24-7-Series-Ladies-Pant-Khaki.axd

Oh...airsoft??? really??? That's for people to scared to play paintball!!!

A===Oh...airsoft??? really??? That's for people to scared to play paintball!!!

I used to do paintball when I was younger, it was too expensive for me. So years later I switched to airsoft, have more realistic guns, don't need to worry about ammo bursting in my barrel, and don't have to finish covered in green. Hey, it is fun but I'm not the fastest or the best shot. Haha. I'd still be up for paintball if I didn't get rid of my old gear.

Level 1 Woodwose

Get a Tippman and use good paint....and your balls won't burst!!!

I have a Tippman 98, it's the AK-47 of the paintball world. Fires all the time no matter the condition. The only time it doesn't fire is when out of CO2.

And so not to hijack this thread....I use British military surplus in DPM. It's kinda my trademark. They are pretty cheap and tough.

I have my options set so the most recent post is on tip. When you come in at this message and this phrase paintball is NOT what immediately came to mind ;-) nevermind, carry on, just I had to read the thread twice to understand it was paintball.

Oogie McGuire

Black Sheep Shepherdess

STR 4.25 | DEX 4.5 | STA 3.75 | CON 3 | WIS 4.75 | CHA 1

Haha. Good advice for all men. I was younger and barely had enough money to refill my CO2, so I got whatever gas fed gun and paint that I could afford. It was fun, not going to lie. But not really for me anymore. I only know one or two people who paintball, and I know a good bit more who airsoft.

DPM is a nice pattern, but I prefer Tiger Stripe. I had a buddy literally stand 2 feet from me, look down and then pass me up without seeing me. Can't beat that.

Oh, and to help re-rail this thread, another pair of cargos that I love is made by wrangler. They aren't synthetic, but super comfortable, loose fit but not overly baggy.

Level 1 Woodwose

Archived