Forums are back in action! ×

Team won nationals and I lost a size

slcathena

I have been a bit AWOL from posting for the last week. I didn't forget about NF or training, but couldn't really get the time to log on at our national championship competition. See, I have pretty much the geekiest job ever, I coach high schoolers in debate (yep, teach kids how to argue, and they pay me for it). Last weekend we went to our national championships and won one of the divisions. WOOT!

I came back, a little annoyed at myself fitness wise b/c I only worked out once, and even though tournaments are physically grueling running back and forth/up/down stairs etc., I was sure I'd have work to do to get back to where I was. The universe took pity on me, apparently, b/c I came back the same weight and when I decided to try on a pair of jeans 1 size smaller than where I had been today, THEY FIT. DOUBLE WOOT!

Back now. Won't go AWOL again. :)

Halfling Female Ranger

STR - 4 ~ DEX - 3 ~ STA - 5 ~ CON - 2 ~ WIS - 3 ~ CHA - 2

Double woot! My son was in highschool debate, now debating in college, and coaches highschool debate. It's amazing how articulate and well thought out the arguments are. I try no to argue with my son, he always wins.:smug:

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Double woot! My son was in highschool debate, now debating in college, and coaches highschool debate. It's amazing how articulate and well thought out the arguments are. I try no to argue with my son, he always wins.:smug:

AWESOME! I wonder if I know your son, debate is a pretty small world. :) My mother says the same thing about me re: arguing. hee hee. It's a great activity. I get to work with some absolutely spectacular kiddos. Wouldn't change my job for the world.

Kombimankenny - Love Monty Python SO MUCH. That is one of my favorite skits ever. I may have to go rewatch that now.

Tin Man & Maegs - Thanks! :)

Halfling Female Ranger

AWESOME! I wonder if I know your son, debate is a pretty small world. :) My mother says the same thing about me re: arguing. hee hee. It's a

:)

His highschool debate is a homeschool debate team, he is also on a college debate team

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Yay! academic woot! The kids must be so proud.

My team won a national physics contest, once upon a time, and we sure were proud.

That is awesome. It's so fun for the kiddos!

Elastigirl - Sounds like your kiddo gets a lot of debate. I'm so glad. It's what keeps me going. :)

Halfling Female Ranger

Archived