Forums are back in action! ×

I want to be an Avenger!!!

so the Avengers movie was FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC!!! and OMG I loved it so much! But as I am watching it and trying not to scream at the dude in front of me for being all "I dont get it" for 2 hours, I realized I want to be an Avenger, well a little bit of all them really.

Captain America does some killer parkor. I mean WOW.

Black Widow - gymnastics and woot worthy jumps and flips and that flinging herself all over the place is SWEET

Thor - drool worthy core and can hurl his hammer around like its a shoebox (yeah yeah I know magic, demi-god but don't ruin my dreams)

Ironman - fitness wise he doesn't have sweet powers but his brain is amazing!

Hulk - strength and endurance are amazing!!

Hawkeye - agility, and accuracy is sooo cool.

So I think I am changing me goals to eventually be a Black Widow/ Captain America person. I dont know how to get there but I WILL FIGURE IT OUT!!

*** please place your autograph on the line _____ ; so I can sell it on EBAY when you are famous ***

Thor - drool worthy core and can hurl his hammer around like its a shoebox (yeah yeah I know magic, demi-god but don't ruin my dreams)

He really is dreamy. We watched the movie (Thor, not Avengers) the other night and I said to my husband 'This is the best action movie EVER' right after a particulary nice shirtless scene. He thought I was being sarcastic. Umm, yes, it was sarcasm. Not perving. :P

Being an avenger would be cool. Or a mix of all of them.

WarriorAmy
{Insert motivational script here}
STR - 4|DEX - 2|STA - 6|CON - 4 |WIS - 6|CHA- 5

I am ALL ABOUT Captain America. I wore my Captain America t-shirt to the show. And one of my Captain America pins. And now I'm knitting a Captain America hat - it's going to be blue with the A in the front and the wings on the sides. Just a liiiiiittle bit of a fangirl.

The whole thing was amazing, mind. Joss Whedon's writing was excellent as usual. Some fantastic one-liners. I also liked how he avoided the whole classic Hulk "Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me angry" thing.

Pain is the feeling of weakness leaving the body.

Blog | Pinterest | Fitocracy

He really is dreamy. We watched the movie (Thor, not Avengers) the other night and I said to my husband 'This is the best action movie EVER' right after a particulary nice shirtless scene. He thought I was being sarcastic. Umm, yes, it was sarcasm. Not perving. :P

The shirtless scene at her house? Where he's in the blue jeans? Because that may have been my favorite part of the movie...... I also followed it up with a "Babe why can't you look like that?" I'm surprised I didn't have to sleep on the couch.

Amandolin
Level 3|Nymph
|STR 6|DEX 4|STA 5|CON 5|WIS 2|CHA 2|

"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea"-Isak Dinesen
Challenge: 1, 2, 3, 4

Guest Snake McClain

Its sad to me that this thread of skills of avengers has degraded to how hot the guys are. :(

Seriously though I haven't seen the movie yet but am excited to. I've always wanted to be the hulk. I was always skinny and pathetic. Now I want to be big and mean and awesome. I'm getting there. Seriously though. Hulk and iron man combo would be rad. But parkour is awesome. Also archery is sweet. I have a bow and arrow. I should shoot it.

Archery is awesome and more people should do it!! and I don't care if they are going Hawkeye or Katniss as long as they do it well :)

And I'm gonna say the absolute hotness of the superhero guys has afforded me a GREAT way to Nerd-Up my friends!! They wont see a comicbook movie but they will ALL see "that new one with that hot blond guy" LOL It's working for Prometheus too! My BFF didnt want to watch it at first but then tonight she saw Idris Elba in the trailer and was all "isnt that the guy you like from Ghost Rider 2"

DOUBLE WIN!! She remembered Ghost Rider 2 AND is now willing to see a "spacey gooey weirdo movie" BWAHAHAHAHHA I will get her to be a fangirl eventually!

*** please place your autograph on the line _____ ; so I can sell it on EBAY when you are famous ***

Guest Snake McClain
I can't wait to see Avengers. We're not going until Sunday since this weekend is so busy until then. I would love to be able to kick ass like Black Widow. Without any wires, though. ;)

based on what i see of your head balancing act i'd say you're getting there already.

I see an excellent NF post in the future, involving a menu of fitness protocols, with each Avenger hero being, say, a unique combination of three, and a guide on how to mix and match you own to create an all new hero.

Steve, get on that.

:D

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." --GK Chesterton

Domine, non sum dignus ut intres sub tectum meum, sed tantum dic verbo et sanabitur anima mea...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jbaileysewell

Hawkeye and capt America = very ranger like. Yahoo! But iron man is my fav. Same sense of humor and same personality as me. Sheesh, even same house...

The early fight seen w black widow is really cool.

Everyone: go see it now. Quit your jobs if you must.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

You mean there are people who don't want to be an Avenger???

Seriously, though, I saw this with my friend last week and it was completely awesome. I always think Hulk is cool because he is intelligent and looks unassuming but then he turns into the Hulk and is the opposite. Of course I also totally want Black Widow ninja fighting skills, Captain America parkour, and, most of all, Improbable Aiming Skils à la Hawkeye, who is very cool, Green Arrow, who is also cool, and Katniss, who is cool if a bit dark. (I finally got hold of the Hunger Games books for the first time from the library on Thursday. I started reading the first one at about half four and finished the third one at midnight.) Also Thor is awesome with his awesome hammer and even if Iron Man is kind of self centred he is so amazing at technology and inspires me to use my brain more. Also, Agent Coulson is awesome.

Lvl 1 Dúnadan Ranger

"All that is gold does not glitter."

I just saw it, and I want to BE Capt. America! Strong, agile, with some Parkour to throw in. A Soldier's soldier in the truest sense!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Not sure what Avenger I want to be (probably Captain America or Black Widow), but I want Thor de-shirted, oiled up, and delivered to my chambers. That said, I'd probably actually settle down with Dr. Banner.

Hobbit Ranger
Current Challenge thread

Dúnedain Team Thread

Check out my Musings on Fandom, Life, and the connections between the two at Fandom Lenses
LEVEL: 2 | STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 4 | WIS 9 (+5 from Year of Our WTF) | CHA 5 (+3 from Year of Our WTF)
Tu, was du willst (Do What You Wish)
The Neverending Story, Michael Ende

My 2013 Challenge #1 is dedicated to Melissa Montag, 1975-2012. I Love you AnissaSis! :-)

We saw The Avengers tonight and it was excellent! Expensive for a family of 7 but well worth it! My youngest (he's 4) is now sporting Thor's hammer and his Helmet as well! I don't know who I'd want to be. Probably a mixture of all of them. Who wouldn't want Parkour and gymnastic skills, sheer and utter strength, brains and bow & arrow accuracy? And with most movies... stay until the very, very end.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Yeah, I got this!" -andygates

Loved the movie! Going to see it again asap. I've always had a thing for villains, especially smart ones, so Loki was always going to be a favorite. Everyone was fantastic, though, and I'm definitely going to use them as inspiration for hero-level workouts :)

Optimist: someone who figures that taking a step backward after taking a step forward is not a disaster, it's more like a cha-cha.

Member of CNF: TOS

Its sad to me that this thread of skills of avengers has degraded to how hot the guys are. :(

Totally off topic but- Now you know what it's like to be a woman....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

“If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.â€

-Thomas Edison

"I'm only at about 35-40%, and I'm surprised as eff."

-unicornassssin

Fitocracy!

[thread=16121]My Challenge Thread[/thread]

Archived