Forums are back in action! ×

RIP Adam "MCA" Yauch

moabbound

For me anyway, Adam Yauch, MCA of The Beastie Boys has died at the age of 47. The Beasties had a HUGE impact on me and helped formed who I am today.

Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda"Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it..." -Empire of The SunJohn 15:13 

sad news indeed. maybe we can all post vids to some of our fave beastie boys songs. this one always puts me in a good mood:

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

hey guys - saw that there were 2 threads about this and merged together so we can share our thoughts in one place!

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

sad news indeed. maybe we can all post vids to some of our fave beastie boys songs. this one always puts me in a good mood:

Listening to the I Love the 80's station on turntable.fm, someone played the "Beastly Boys - Squirrels" song, so of course, this is in my head:

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

that's 2 celebs this week....wtf!?!?!?!

Who is the other one?

This is really sad. I had a drink for him on Friday night and did a lot of dancing around to Beastie Boys songs. It seemed fitting.

Level 1 SheHulk Warrior [str: 1]  [Dex : ]  [sta: ]  [Con: ]  [Wis: 1]  [Cha: ] 

Challenge 2: Project Krisptonite

Was so sad to hear about this. The Beasties were always one of those acts that I was desperate to see live, and never got the chance.

Adam Yauch, by all reports, was nothing but a class act and great at what he did. He will be sorely missed.

Really nice article from the Guardian newspaper about him: http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/may/08/adam-yauch-not-just-celebrity

Follow me on Twitter: @garth_green

In addition to being a MAJOR influence in hip hop and music in general, Yauch was also active in the film community, co-founding the indie distribution / production company Oscilloscope Laboratories, which has a pretty impressive list of titles to its credit. As a Beasties fan and a film buff, it makes the loss doubly hard.

drsloomis: level 5 human assassin

STR: 15 | DEX: 17 | CON: 12 | STA: 12 | WIS: 14 | CHA: 8

Current Challenge

Archived