Forums are back in action! ×

I think this is a woot...

This past Saturday, Mrs. JoeBlend and I got rid of our second vehicle - my car. I've been saying for a while now that I wanted to ride my bicycle more, namely to work and home, but our area is windy, which provides a ready excuse, but as of Cinco de Mayo, I'm riding. I'm actually pretty stoked about this. My whole weight loss journey started on a bike, so I'm feeling pretty good about this.

Also, I've lost 49 pounds since this started. woot!

Life is full of hard times and good times. Learn from everything you can.

Swinging_Jarnbjorn: Lv 1 Asgardian Ranger

Focus Up! My current challenge.

Loss As A Motivator

Huge Woot! My husband and I have been talking about downsizing to just one car for about four years now. It's a massive thing to actually do. Good on you for getting it sold!

WarriorAmy
{Insert motivational script here}
STR - 4|DEX - 2|STA - 6|CON - 4 |WIS - 6|CHA- 5

It's a HUGE woot! Woot for weight loss, bigger woot for bike riding, and super big woot for downsizing car! We're a 1 car unit and used to be no car for a long time.

woottttt

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Huge Woot! My husband and I have been talking about downsizing to just one car for about four years now. It's a massive thing to actually do. Good on you for getting it sold!

I say do it! One week in, I'm feeling like this was the right move. Less insurance, less fuel expenses, more exercise, all win!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Loss As A Motivator

When my wife and I met we both already owned cars. About a year and a half into our relationship we decided to sell both our cars and buy a new vehicle. We saved around 30% to 40% between car loan payments and cheaper insurance. At the time I could walk/bike to work so it wasn't a problem. Now my work is too far away to walk/bike, but I now work from home about three days a week so we just schedule the days I take the car to work (and on the occasional busy week my wife will drive me to work so she can use the car).

The savings is definitely worth the occasional inconvenience. And for you, the fitness is an added bonus.

Level 26, Primal Ultra Trail Scout, Non-Binary Robot

When my wife and I met we both already owned cars. About a year and a half into our relationship we decided to sell both our cars and buy a new vehicle. We saved around 30% to 40% between car loan payments and cheaper insurance. At the time I could walk/bike to work so it wasn't a problem. Now my work is too far away to walk/bike, but I now work from home about three days a week so we just schedule the days I take the car to work (and on the occasional busy week my wife will drive me to work so she can use the car).

The savings is definitely worth the occasional inconvenience. And for you, the fitness is an added bonus.

That it is! Seriously, any inconvenience is dramatically outweighed by the benefits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Loss As A Motivator

Archived