Forums are back in action! ×

New to The Rebellion

Hello, everyone.

My name is Autumn (and I stick to this or a variant of it for my online handles). I happened across this site when I was researching the Paleo diet and found that this place provides a wealth of resources. I was intrigued by the Paleo diet when I saw books popping up on the best seller's list for Kindle. I became even more interested when I read that it can help with autoimmune disorders. I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease almost 4 years ago (though I had been sick long before then) and during this time I have only been in remission once for a few months. Otherwise, I always feel sick, tired, and I'm in pain for the majority of the day and night, despite being pumped full of medications. I'm not considered overweight (according to my doctor), but I have put on some unwanted pounds, and I am pushing maximum density, haha. I fluctuate between 165 and 170 (but I'm a decent height). I've gained weight due to a combination of less exercise (because I've been so sick), medications (like Prednisone), and a crappy diet. With so many diets being marketed, it's hard to know what to believe. But Paleo makes sense to me, so I want to give it a try with a 30 day challenge. At the end of the 30 days, I'll evaluate how I feel, progress I've made, weight that I've lost, etc, and decide whether or not it's worth sticking to. My ultimate goals, whether they be accomplished with the Paleo diet or something else, are:

- To finally put my disease in remission and/or feel better physically; ie, more energy, less pain, etc.

- To lose 30 pounds (this is the weight I would personally like to be, whereas my doctor wants me to be a little heavier to provide extra weight in case I start losing weight rapidly because of my disease; I once dropped to 98 pounds)

- To build more muscle and have more definition/tone. I have very little upper body strength, and I'd like to change that. Being able to see a little definition would be nice, too.

I started a blog a few days ago on Blogspot that will follow me through my 30 day challenge. It will be updated every day during this trial. It's nothing fancy, I used one of the templates to create it. If it were to become popular of if I determine that I will be sticking to the Paleo routine after the 30 days, then I'll probably customize it more and program the page myself. But til then, it's pretty simple. If you wanna check it out, http://paleo-diet-challenge.blogspot.com/ is the address.

Until my next post,

-Autumn

Welcome to the rebellion! This is a great place for your fitness and diet goals. As for Paleo and Crohn's, the man you may want to chat with here is LorenWade. He has had a tremendous amount of success with Paleo and dealing with his issues. There are also others here that will definitely be able to contribute that that topic as well.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Archived