Forums are back in action! ×

TV Upfronts and new shows for 2012-2013

TinkG6

I used to work in media buying. Sunday primetime is actually gold: think Simpsons, Family Guy. Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy excelled in Sunday slots before the shows started dragging and were move to piggyback off newer, currently successful shows.

Fri/Sat def the worst.

Game of Thrones is also a Sunday show.

I guess that makes sense. I just figured they wouldn't do that well on Sundays because that's usually sports day, and most sports programming runs over the timeslot.

And I don't really give much thought as to which timeslots cable shows (especially HBO) are on, since it's a smaller market.

But I agree about how the Nielsen technology is dated. It doesn't account for online viewing, and I know there's a few shows that I watch via Hulu/Hulu Plus.

I love love love Revenge. Thought it was going to be stupid and it totally hooked me. Well except last week's flashback episode. The awful wig on younger Jack was just inexcusable lol. But now that will be on at the same time as The Good Wife! Yikes, my tivo is going to be hating me.

I'm also excited to see Reba coming back to TV. She just makes you smile.

Suburgatory was another show that really hooked me this season so I am glad it has been renewed!

I love love love Revenge. Thought it was going to be stupid and it totally hooked me. Well except last week's flashback episode. The awful wig on younger Jack was just inexcusable lol. But now that will be on at the same time as The Good Wife! Yikes, my tivo is going to be hating me.

I'm also excited to see Reba coming back to TV. She just makes you smile.

Suburgatory was another show that really hooked me this season so I am glad it has been renewed!

I haven't seen revenge. I hate waiting every week for my shows to come on so I wait until they hit dvd. I will definetly be adding it to my netflix queue of things to watch!

I'm super glad Reba will be back. I just love her, she's pretty awesome L)

I'm also in love with suburgatory, Haven't seen an episode where I haven't been laughing!!!

Seems as though we have similar taste in tv shows Tink, I hope I like revenge as much as you do!

Check out my weight-loss blog

http://www.fitterbritter.wordpress.com

Did Once Upon A Time get picked up for another season? I got sucked in about halfway through. Fortunately a friend of mine regularly recaps the episodes so I was able to catch up on the details of the episodes I missed.

Yep! I was watching it off and on, so I knew the general storyline, but my sister was hooked on the show. We watched the season finale the over night and I loved it! Robert Carlyle is awesome in that show (I loved him in SGU).

Suburgatory I wasn't really into at the beginning, but I like it now. It's hilarious and pretty much is typical of the suburbs haha.

CSI:Miami gone....:victorious:

Don't matter... Sons of Anarchy is on for 3 more seasons. All is good w/ the world!!!

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

AAAARRRRGH!!!! I finally got the chance to finish the season of The Finder and I'm so mad. How could they not keep it going? Why!?!?

Ahem... Excuse me. I'm just a bit upset. There aren't many shows I like as much as this one.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Archived