Forums are back in action! ×

Nana requires reinforcement

Hi guys. I'm Nana, 24 and this is my story.

I've always been kinda active. I've done some kung fu a few years ago, I've work out at home, and nowadays I have a dance group, been doing pilates at home and occasionally go for a 10 min run. I'm not fat, but also not fit.

So what really is my difficulty? My diet. I do care for veggies, whole grains and non processed food. But I care a lot more for sweets, condensed milk, fudge and, well, anything sugary. And if my daily eating had a boss, his name would be Doc Choc. I might like chocolate more then I like some of my friends. All that reflects on my legs, that have resemble a condensed milk pudding since always. I have 2nd and 3rd degree cellulite on my big thighs and it is the one thing in my body that I'm really self conscious about.

Then, earlier this year, my father had a minor heart attack, my brother developed a gastric condition and my aunt had a surgery to remove a nodule from her breast. Realizing that have a chance of having cancer from my mother's family and of having heart diseases and high blood pressure from my father's, I decided to change my habits. I began working out daily and watching what I eat. I started a fitblr and an account on myfitnesspal. I have managed to make work out the fun part of my day, but I can't hold myself around a can of condensed milk. Since I started eating right and counting calories, I gained 7 pounds from freaking out and overeating. I've stopped logging my food on myfitnesspal cause it was just depressing me.

So I'm here to require help in the war against my sweet arch enemies. To be strong and healthy (and consequently HOT) is my goal.

Thanks for hearing me out, dudes.

ps: I might have gotten a little excited with the superhero narrative, sorry :nevreness:

LVL 1 Half pixie

STR 1 | DEX 4 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1st challenge

I hear you on the chocolate sweet tooth thing. I was a sugar addict. I had to have something sweet every day. Or better yet twice a day. I went hard-core and cut out all sugar for awhile. Now,once a week or so I'll have some dark chocolate. It was hard to give up , but Doc Choc is a demanding boss, and I was glad I booted him out the door.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Welcome to the rebellion, Kawaru!

A little question for you... you said "started eating right." What are you defining that as and what research have you done?

I'm a food addict and a compulsive eater when it comes to a lot of things, including sweets. I learned that I didn't have cravings unless my insulin spiked, so if I could avoid sugar rushes completely, I was never at risk of binging.

I also crave flavor and mouthfeel of food, so as long as I was eating really rich decadent foods that were packed with nutrients, I was fine. If you would like advice from someone who has battled with similar and lost over 50 pounds in the process (250 to 195 in only a few months) let me know. You've got a community here ready to help!

One day at a time. No excuses. Battle Log | Current Challenge - Bleep All the Things

I went hard-core and cut out all sugar for awhile.

omg, I can't even imagine what that must have felt like. I think I'd go crazy if I tried to stop all at once and freak out and compensate by eating everything all at once. I tend to get really obsessed about anything I try to limit =/

A little question for you... you said "started eating right." What are you defining that as and what research have you done?

I mean staying away from anything deep fried, too greasy or too salty, eating veggies and fruit everyday, drinking more water and avoiding canned drinks. I replaced whole milk with skim, white bread with whole wheat (try saying that out loud) and white sugar with brown. Also, its very unusual for me to go out to eat, so I don't get so tempted.

Most of this I did by common sense, but I got tips from health related tumblr (ex: crissfit.tumblr.com)

I'm pretty sure my cravings are not as much a physical need as they are emotional triggered, cause my body should be getting enough sugar from fruits. I try to have a smaller portion of what I'm craving, but I just end up repeating it. So instead of having one spoon of nutella, I have like 6. So I'd gladly accept any advice I can get.

Thanks guys =D

LVL 1 Half pixie

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1st challenge

Welcome to the Rebellion, Nana. heh, i first thought you were going to be a Grandmother, apologies. *Ahem* moving on. In terms of trying to control your Doc Choc, I recommend locking up/throwing away any and all bad foods like nutella, by not having them in your proximity that'll decrease the chance of you actually eating 6 spoons of it. Remember it's all about Willpower! If you think you can do this, then you WILL! and if you're really serious about this then you can cross off being beautiful because you already are!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I'm pretty sure my cravings are not as much a physical need as they are emotional triggered, cause my body should be getting enough sugar from fruits. I try to have a smaller portion of what I'm craving, but I just end up repeating it. So instead of having one spoon of nutella, I have like 6. So I'd gladly accept any advice I can get.

It may be a need for fats. Your body seems to confuse a sweet tooth for needing fats. Stick with healthy fats (nuts, avocado, olive oil, certain fish, eggs, etc.) and see if that helps subside the cravings.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

heh, i first thought you were going to be a Grandmother, apologies.

LOL not the first time I heard that. I keep forgetting Ii should change my nickname on international foruns xD

Thanks for the tips you guys!

So I'm gonna do a challenge: stop eating sweets, desserts and candy for 3 weeks. I'm allowed to have fruit, some jam and to add sugar to juice, tea and coffee (my second biggest addiction). I put notes on my phone with a countdown and daily suggestions of something to do to keep the brain busy, and set it to ring at night, which is when I usually go berserk.

The thing is: I'm the biggest cheater of myself EVER. I tell a lie and I believe it. So I wanna set a reward and a punishment. If I don't make it, I'll have to release the strongest pokémon in my party and give away my fav pair of jeans. But I've no idea what to do as a prize. Gotta be something that doesn't involve money too. Any ideas?

Also, should I be posting this here? I still a total noob, haven't even figured out if I should be a ranger or a druid.

LVL 1 Half pixie

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1st challenge

You could try it the other way around to keep yourself in check, I remember reading about someone who promised to pay his friend $1000, at the end if he didn't meet his weekly goals, and each week he'd either keep like $50 or pay his friend, and lose that money, you can try something like that.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Archived