Forums are back in action! ×

Most emotional games?

Ghost

Heavy Rain. Wasn't so popular, but there's some pretty emotionally engaging scenes, quite a dark game.

I'd second a lot of the games already mentioned, particularly Shadow of the Colossus and Ico, but few games have involved me quite as emotionally as Heavy Rain. Amazingly engaging in spite of its limitations / flaws.

drsloomis: level 5 human assassin

STR: 15 | DEX: 17 | CON: 12 | STA: 12 | WIS: 14 | CHA: 8

Current Challenge

Ghost here,

Back in the good ol' days of PS2 I was just discovering the wonders of video games.

One of the first games I got was Kingdom Hearts. Being ten at the time basic little puzzles

were some of the toughest mathematical equations.

But it was an amazing game, combining the world of Final Fantasy, with Disney.

Who couldn't love a mix like that?

But the best part of the game was its emotional impact, from the soundtrack to the

strong bond of friendship that formed the game.

What emotions did they stir, for me in KH it was sadness.

First time I ever cried from a fictional occurence.

So are there any KH fans out there?

Or what other emotional games have we experienced?

Don't know about an outward emotional response (except, of course, the psychotic murderous rage that gets unleashed when I get lag fragged in an FPS) but Baldur's Gate I and II are the reason I'm in the job I'm at right now. I never would've gone for CompSci were it not for the hundreds of hours I poured into those games.

IDDQD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Current Challenge

Race: MALIETOA

Class: WARRIOR

STR: 4 | DEX: 1 | STA: 1 | CON: 3 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 4

I saw the title of this thread and I immediately thought "Kingdom Hearts. I bet no one here will say Kingdom Hearts and I will be all unique."

Way to prove me wrong. I fucking BAWL every time I play KH2. It's just so beautiful. So. Beautiful.

ABSOLUTELY THIS! Sometimes I get so caught up in the story that I forget it's a game and watch it like a movie!

Guest Tigger
When the 3DS drops low enough, I am buying it and Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance.

Straight away.

I'm waiting for the price to drop so I can take legend of zelda ocarina of time with me everywhere I go :D

...not to sound crazy or anything

The Mass Effect series is it for me. You get so attached to all of the characters with all of their own separate storylines. Its the only "Choose good or evil" game where I am actually having difficulty playing an evil character. I actually want to help all of them.

I was playing a good guy first for ME3, and this scene made me turn the game off and just think for a bit:

"All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty." -Proverbs 14:23

----------------------------------------------------------

I. AM. A. BEAST!!!!!!!!!" -

The Mass Effect series is it for me. You get so attached to all of the characters with all of their own separate storylines. Its the only "Choose good or evil" game where I am actually having difficulty playing an evil character. I actually want to help all of them.

I was playing a good guy first for ME3, and this scene made me turn the game off and just think for a bit:

I haven't played Mass Effect and don't really intend to, but spoilers?

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

Guest Tigger

^That was actually really powerful considering I had no clue what was going on

This. So freaking much.

And Tales of Symphonia too.

[table=width: 600]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

fire.eagle

Elf Assassin

STR: 6 DEX: 5.5 STA: 4.75 CON: 5 WIS: 3.5 CHA: 3.75

Assassin Wannabe | Be Prepared

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

[/table]

If you wanna get Mass Effect 3, it is really designed to play through all three games in a row. Playing solely Mass Effect 3 completely stunts the true experience. Its kind of like only watching "Return of the King" without watching "Fellowship" or "Two Towers." It will be entertaining by itself, but you are missing so much more.

"All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty." -Proverbs 14:23

----------------------------------------------------------

I. AM. A. BEAST!!!!!!!!!" -

Archived