Forums are back in action! ×

Sex + Fitness + Gamification of Weight Loss + SSRIs

DoogieT

I will say, externalization of motivation for weight manipulation is a basis for several eating-disorders. If you are *really* looking for external pressure, focus on just how you *look and feel* and not just the numbers. Less chance of going overboard, more chance of you gaining enough confidence that you stop externalizing your desires.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

She doesn't sound like a very promising mate...

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

I cracked up at this for some reason. I think its the mate thing. "Doesn't sound like she would make a very good breeding partner."

Anyway my own things.

I will say, externalization of motivation for weight manipulation is a basis for several eating-disorders. If you are *really* looking for external pressure, focus on just how you *look and feel* and not just the numbers. Less chance of going overboard, more chance of you gaining enough confidence that you stop externalizing your desires.

YES! This. I'm in the middle of working myself out of one and its no fun. And then its even harder to find the internal motivation.

Tiffany -Elven Ranger & Derby Girl
STR 7 | DEX 5 | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 3
@moxie_hart. Tumblr. Fitocracy

Have to agree with everyone else that a relationship with this woman sounds like bad news. I like AJ's advice, forget about the numbers on the scale, focus on the process, the progress you are making, and how you feel. The numbers going up on lifts or reps of exercises is a lot more consistent and satisfying than the number going down on the scale. You should also make up your own goals. Who cares what she wants if she won't even go out with you? Achieve what you want.

This is also true. I'm thrilled at the fact that I can now do dips unassisted. My goal is to be able to do pull ups unassisted, too. Right now I have around 40 pounds as a counter balance for something like 8 reps. I'm also noticing improvement in my biceps (they're getting ever so slightly more defined). I agree that this is more satisfying and important to me than my weight dropping, but this "kiss challenge" has made me be super aware of what I'm eating, so that's definitely a positive result. I'm also wondering if 183 is an unrealistic number, given the fact that I was like 180 in high school, and I've put on a lot of muscle since then...

Shoryuken!

It's all about what works for you Doogie. I, for one, hope that you get this carrot you're dangling in front of you, and realize it's not nearly as tasty as you thought it would be. Either that, or I hope that she's totally into you and just using this to help you meet your goals.

btw, I don't know anything about the seroquel, but I've been down the SSRI route with many different variations. For me, the antidepressive effects were never good enough to make up for the the penis malfunction side effects.

Good luck, I'm rooting for you!

"Get busy living or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." - Red"I'm not losing weight, I'm evicting fat." -me

Vor/Atomic:

I think she's into me. I mean, she's the one who started me down this path by sending me text messages with lines like "do you like a woman who wears heels to bed?" I've been attracted to her for months now but she's the one who offered the carrot.

Either way, I'm up for the challenge. I need motivation to change my diet and this will do it. I haven't had anything crappy to eat since she issued the challenge.

I think the line "penis malfunction side effects" is hilarious. I can't say I've ever had any. But I've been on SSRIs now for almost longer than I've been off of them, so I've just accepted that it works the way it wants to.

Wait, what do you mean it's not supposed to be neon blue? ;)

Shoryuken!

Vor/Atomic:

I think the line "penis malfunction side effects" is hilarious. I can't say I've ever had any. But I've been on SSRIs now for almost longer than I've been off of them, so I've just accepted that it works the way it wants to.

Wait, what do you mean it's not supposed to be neon blue? ;)

That's awesome you don't have issues. I'm jealous. For me,

TMI ALERT / TMI ALERT / TMI ALERT / TMI ALERT / TMI ALERT Highlight to see.

I could sustain an erection about half the time, but there was no orgasm forthcoming without some serious dedication.

TMI ALERT / TMI ALERT / TMI ALERT / TMI ALERT / TMI ALERT

That's interesting that she initiated the contact/flirting. I'm interested to hear how it works out.

"Get busy living or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." - Red"I'm not losing weight, I'm evicting fat." -me

Archived