Forums are back in action! ×

A "Tough" Woot...

Rooks

Yesterday, I completed my first ever Tough Mudder. It was a blast. I'm sore today... that's for sure. But we got it done (we being my team).

The photo isn't at the finish line, but I love it. Gave myself a special haircut and facial hair for the event.

2u5ddl3.jpg

Congratulations. Hoping to be ready for one in November. So how tough was it? ;)

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Question: What color was that shirt before you started?

Nice going!

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.

Awesome! Congratulations! :)

How was it?

Was alright. I should have trained more hills going into it as the hills got to me pretty well. Also, the terrain was really really rough so I slowed things down to make sure not roll an ankle. But it was fun mainly because of my teammates. My knee started to get sore around mile 3 and only got worse as the race went on, so that was a little concerning, but it already feels better.

Question: What color was that shirt before you started?

Nice going!

Orange. Bright orange. :)

Great pic! I love mud. Fantastic job with the hair. Details, please!

Details on the hair were I just did a Fu Manchu for the beard (obviously). As for the hair, I just let it grow out for a few weeks and then just shaved the sides in prep for the race. A crappy cell phone pic of right after I did on Friday night.

2119qpv.jpg

Archived