Forums are back in action! ×

In which guild do I belong?

DChristian

So I'm not sure what Guild I should be in.

My focus is on kettlebells, with the long-term goal of becoming RKC-Certified.

While kettlebells have conditioning benefits, it's primarily a strength thing for me, which makes me think I should be in the Warrior Guild. But everyone seems focused on powerlifting.

I'll probably start powerlifting in the future, but it's not my focus right now.

I need to get in better shape and lose weight in general, which seems to indicate Adventurer, but if I'm eventually going to start powerlifting...

Am I just overthinking this?

If your can't fix it with bacon, you're probably going to die.

Obligatory Twitter link.

You're a Rebel and that's all that matters. You can choose to be a Druid despite not working flexibility at all for all I care. It goes against the point of classes, sure, but in the end it doesn't really matter.

Quare? Quod vita mea non tua est.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Sixteen or just plain 161803398874989.

You're a Rebel and that's all that matters. You can choose to be a Druid despite not working flexibility at all for all I care. It goes against the point of classes, sure, but in the end it doesn't really matter.

Brilliant response!

Human Druid/Cleric - LvL 3
STR (6.5); DEX (4); STA (9.5); CON (10); WIS (9); CHA (3)

I will not live my life based upon the ideals of someone else. My value is inherent in my existence.

Long term goal: King Pigeon and Dancer.

If you are specifically focused on RKC than you are into Strength training.

RKC IS about strength. I can't remember where I read this...

"RKC is not about kettlebells. It is the application of the principles of strength training.." or something like that.

Check this out:

http://kbforum.dragondoor.com/showthread.php?t=152393&highlight=pavel+hardstyle

Don't worry about everyone being focused on powerlifting....strength training is strength training. Brabells/ Dumbbells/Sandbags/Kettlebells- if you like to lift heavy, explode with the weight- then you are a Warrior

Not to say that there's anything wrong with the Rangers!

Grt response!!

Btw- I'm sure u've been asked this before- whats up with that username?!

Grt response!!

Btw- I'm sure u've been asked this before- whats up with that username?!

It's phi, also known as 'the golden ratio' up to 14 digits, without the decimal point. It's a number that shows up all the time in nature and it has some VERY cool mathematical properties, but that's a bit more technical.

Quare? Quod vita mea non tua est.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Sixteen or just plain 161803398874989.

It's phi, also known as 'the golden ratio' up to 14 digits, without the decimal point. It's a number that shows up all the time in nature and it has some VERY cool mathematical properties, but that's a bit more technical.

Which is also why I am lazy and respond reply as GR go them :)

That is a very good way to put it. The class doesn't really matter so much as the fact that we are all in this together. The main purpose of choosing a class is for the challenges, which I'll choose depending on my current goals. Other than that, post in whatever section is most related to whatever you want to talk about.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Strength training is strength training. Brabells/ Dumbbells/Sandbags/Kettlebells- if you like to lift heavy, explode with the weight- then you are a Warrior

Not to say that there's anything wrong with the Rangers!

I was going to say that I claim sandbags as a Ranger tool too, but you're right, it's all in how you use them. My distinction would be that if you're using them to train conditioning as you build strength (instead of focusing on pure strength) then you're a Ranger.

I still claim sledgehammers, slosh pipes, battling ropes, and prowlers as Ranger tools.

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

No. They're mostly for organization, and for helping keep the Challenges a bit orderly. A lot of people don't use them at all, and they are absolutely not a required part of your time here. Just have fun. :)

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." --GK Chesterton

Domine, non sum dignus ut intres sub tectum meum, sed tantum dic verbo et sanabitur anima mea...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jbaileysewell

I was kinda focusing on the Crossfit description in Rangers, but it does fit

And Crossfit does sound intriguing, too...

As a rower, I put myself in the Ranger guild, even though I haven't and don't plan to touch Crossfit. My training focuses on high power output for a decently long time. I see that as (Scout + Warrior = Ranger), even though I have a single focus. I'd choose guilds based on your individual goals, as you'll find the most support for them in the particular guild that most closely matches them.

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.

I was going to say that I claim sandbags as a Ranger tool too, but you're right, it's all in how you use them. My distinction would be that if you're using them to train conditioning as you build strength (instead of focusing on pure strength) then you're a Ranger.

I still claim sledgehammers, slosh pipes, battling ropes, and prowlers as Ranger tools.

Exactly! Tools are tools! It's how you use them!

About the tools you mentioned-

Prowlers- can lod them up super high and use them for strength!

slosh pipes, battling ropes - warriors can use them to get their wee bit of conditioning so that they can catch their breath between their max attempts!

See! A Warrior needs conditioning too...just as much as a Ranger needs some level of max muscle power.

I guess they are all different paths leading to the same goal of self discovery.

1RM deadlifts for me, Frans for some, Girevoy for yet another.

Archived