Forums are back in action! ×

What's your weird food?

Naturally

You know the one (or perhaps there are several) - what's the one thing you just can't get enough of when you're on track with your diet - be it paleo or other?

I just can't get enough of pickled eggs at the moment. Previously I have had love affairs with gherkins and pickled beetroot (not all pickles - pickled cauliflour is all kinds of wrong).

The other day it was apples. Hey, I'm just happy if its not crisps or junk.

What's yours?

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually afraid to make one. - Elbert Hubbard

Kimchi. I eat it straight from the jar with a fork. And tea (although technically not a food) - I can't get enough of tea! Chai, Sleepy Time, Green, and Earl Grey are what's on hand ATM; I make a point of avoiding the tea aisle in the store until I empty at least one box I already have.

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

So many of them... Honestly, I just freaking love eggs. Especially hard-boiled, I'll down a few just as a snack.

As far as real weird food goes, I have to go with balut (duck embryo). I've only had it once, but it was absolutely delicious, and I'm really hoping I'll encounter it again in my future travels.

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.

So many of them... Honestly, I just freaking love eggs. Especially hard-boiled, I'll down a few just as a snack.

Ditto. I can eat eggs for every meal. Scrambled for breakfast, hard boiled for a snack, in soup for part of dinner. Eggs, eggs, eggs.

Halfling Female Ranger

STR - 4 ~ DEX - 3 ~ STA - 5 ~ CON - 2 ~ WIS - 3 ~ CHA - 2

Ditto. I can eat eggs for every meal. Scrambled for breakfast, hard boiled for a snack, in soup for part of dinner. Eggs, eggs, eggs.

I've done that. My first month and a half on paleo I averaged 9 eggs a day.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Guest Tigger

MILK! EGGS! GREENBEANS!

I go through a gallon of milk a day and at least 3 cartons of eggs a week. You should see the looks that I get going grocery shopping, especially because I'm a college kid :) "Are you gonna drink all of this milk?" "yes...?"

LOL I love it all but especially cheese, braunscheiger, butter, eggs, cream, raw milk...i love cornichons, home made kombucha, sauerkraut, also home made and anything home fermented....and dark, black chocolate!

Does anyone know how to make pickled eggs? we dont have them here in new york...I am intriqued!

The real world is bizarre enough for me....Blue Oyster Cult!

Oystergirl: Bad Assed Lightcaster (aka wizard!)

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 5

Oystergirl's Bad Ass Lightcaster Wicked Rocking Adventure Challenge!

Come visit my wicked rocking Nerd Fitness blog!

I stopped becasue I have none..and probably not healthy...i take canned mushrooms and fry them up on a pan and eat them....It;s so good. !!!!

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mixy-Chan, level 1 Elf scout

STR 3|DEX 3|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 2|CHA 2

[/TABLE]

I'm not paleo, but here's some of the weird food I eat on a daily or weekly basis.

Duck eggs that have been put in vats of sea water for a long time (called "kaikhem or "salty eggs").

BBQ Chicken Hearts/Livers.

Various curries.

Horseshoe crab salad.

Catfish on a stick.

Bird's eggs (little ones, songbirds I think) fried with soy sauce.

Durian and a lot of other fruits.

I live in a land of very interesting and absolutely delicious foods.

Hard boiled quail eggs are delicious, but a pain in the bum to peel!

And I have to set strict limits on my prune intake, and only buy dried mango if it's a special occasion.

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Adventure's Guild Challenge winner: Challenge #24

â•‘ Live the Whole  â•‘ Bucket List â•‘Level up my Lifeâ•‘ 

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

You're not alone on the pickled stuff, I could eat it until it comes out of my ears. Gherkins, onions, olives. I could happily sit there with a jar of capers and a fork and munch away. Never tried picked eggs though, sounds a bit wrong :-S Also my favourite afterwork snack is to slice up a tomato and pour Lea & Perrins sauce all over it, so yummy!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitter Blog

Attributes:

Strength (STR): 3

Dexterity (DEX): 1

Stamina (STA): 4

Constitution (CON): 2

Wisdom (WIS): 3

Charisma (CHA): 2

LOL I love it all but especially cheese, braunscheiger, butter, eggs, cream, raw milk...i love cornichons, home made kombucha, sauerkraut, also home made and anything home fermented....and dark, black chocolate!

Does anyone know how to make pickled eggs? we dont have them here in new york...I am intriqued!

So easy.. SOOO gooood. Hard boil eggs and shell, drying thoroughly with kitchen towel. Get big clean glass jar. Put eggs in (they may squish side by side.. thts fine) and top up with white vinegar (if you can't get that then malt is okay but its a stronger more acquired taste). Cloves or bay leaf optional. Leave in fridge for minimum 2 weeks - enjoy vinegary goodness.

Nom Nom Nom.

I tend to buy mine already done, but those occasions I have made my own if I don't have any white vinegar to hand I have also re-used vinegar from pickled onions. Its all good.

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually afraid to make one. - Elbert Hubbard

So easy.. SOOO gooood. Hard boil eggs and shell, drying thoroughly with kitchen towel. Get big clean glass jar. Put eggs in (they may squish side by side.. thts fine) and top up with white vinegar (if you can't get that then malt is okay but its a stronger more acquired taste). Cloves or bay leaf optional. Leave in fridge for minimum 2 weeks - enjoy vinegary goodness.

Nom Nom Nom.

I tend to buy mine already done, but those occasions I have made my own if I don't have any white vinegar to hand I have also re-used vinegar from pickled onions. Its all good.

This sounds delicious. I can't wait to make these. :) I love anything pickled.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me lies an invincible summer." - Albert Camus

"Moving on and Moving up" Challenge

Nom Nom Nom.

I like to pickle mine with beets. That way you get the sweeter flavor of the beets coming through and the eggs are so pink and so pretty. Basically you do the same as above but boil some beets and take the skins off, slice them up and toss them in the jar with the eggs.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

I'm on an elimination diet right now, and I can't get enough avocados or artichokes. Seriously, it's like every time is guacamole time. And when I learned that you can cook artichokes in the microwave, my artichoke munching became unstoppable. Not great for my wallet, but delicious!

I wonder if I can combine artichokes and guacamole into one amazing superdish. Maybe...dip the artichokes in guacamole? Puree artichokes hearts and add them to the guacamole?

Also, garlic in everything.

Selkie Warrior
Level 2, STR: 6.5 | DEX: 4.5 | STA: 2.8 | CON: 4 | WIS: 7 | CHA: 2.5

Shoshie's "Getting Awesome" Challenge 
Shoshie's "Just Hanging Around" Challenge

I'm on an elimination diet right now, and I can't get enough avocados or artichokes. Seriously, it's like every time is guacamole time. And when I learned that you can cook artichokes in the microwave, my artichoke munching became unstoppable. Not great for my wallet, but delicious!

I wonder if I can combine artichokes and guacamole into one amazing superdish. Maybe...dip the artichokes in guacamole? Puree artichokes hearts and add them to the guacamole?

I love artichokes, I'm planning on having one for dinner with garlic aoili :)

I can't live without red pepper flakes. I have a shaker at work, in my car, and of course home. I put this stuff on everything. My eggs in the morning, my chicken broth snacks, into yogurt ranch dressing, and even stranger foods.

just keep on trucking...

Guest Tigger

Sorry, but every time I read this, I see this commercial on re-run in my head :) Garlic is AMAZING!!

"It's gonna be intense when we make-out later" XD love it!

I love artichokes, I'm planning on having one for dinner with garlic aoili :)

I can't live without red pepper flakes. I have a shaker at work, in my car, and of course home. I put this stuff on everything. My eggs in the morning, my chicken broth snacks, into yogurt ranch dressing, and even stranger foods.

I went through a phase of putting sriracha on everything. Then it ended because I had to cut nightshades for this elimination diet that I'm on. I continue to be incredibly sad and gaze longingly at the rooster sauce. I swear, eliminating nightshades is so much harder than eliminating soy or gluten or whatever. I keep craving tomato soup and spicy foods.

Selkie Warrior
Level 2, STR: 6.5 | DEX: 4.5 | STA: 2.8 | CON: 4 | WIS: 7 | CHA: 2.5

Shoshie's "Getting Awesome" Challenge 
Shoshie's "Just Hanging Around" Challenge

Archived