Forums are back in action! ×

Land Paddle w00t!

So, I longboard, and I finally got around today to building a land paddle, which I've wanted to do for a couple years.

Longboarding is a pretty inherently lower-body sport...maybe some core for balancing. But a land paddle lets you really get your upper body into it, too. ... And also, it may or may not make you look like a wizard on a longboard...

My land paddle is six feet of North American Pine tipped with rubber and garnished with crisscrossed friction tape (because friction is sexy).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3428[/ATTACH]

Does anybody else longboard here? What do you ride? When did you start riding? Why aren't we best friends yet?

post-6736-13567243869744_thumb.jpg

Cowboy - Human Adventurer
STR: 3 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 2 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Well...that's pretty much it, really!

Normally you longboard just like you'd ride a normal skateboard...kick around and occasionally try to do something cool and fall.

But with a land paddle, you can switch it up instead of just kicking and actually "row" your longboard. Think of it like a gondola in Venice, except instead of a boat on the water in romantic Italy, it's a plank of wood on four wheels and pavement in the suburbs. But the whole "using a stick to push forward" principle is still the same.

It's not that it was a huge project or anything...I just haven't bothered to go to the store and pick up a six foot stick, rubber stoppers, and friction tape...especially living in a place where it's winter most of the year.

Cowboy - Human Adventurer
STR: 3 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 2 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Archived