Forums are back in action! ×

9 years later, and a shave is what brings me back.

Good morning rebels,

9 years ago I created my first post on these forums and started putting my full energy into losing weight and living a healthy life.  About 9 months later, I dropped off and boy-o life has happened. I ended up moving states 3 times, getting married, having a kid, going through 6 jobs, all while giving half-hearted attempts to get back on the wagon. I've had success and failure and I find myself a few pounds less than 9 years ago, but still not where I want to be.

Now, after so long, what is motivating me to seek accountability? I promised I would be Dwight Schrute in a month.

Yep, that's it. On December 12th, my brother-in-law is having a birthday and the family is attending as Office couples. My wife volunteered us as Anglea and Dwight and I'm fully on board - BUT that does mean I'm committing to shaving my beard for the bit because I go hard on character work.

I have overall been able to find some things I like in my appearance and become happy with who I am, but my beard has always been my safety net, fearing the army of chins behind it. My wife has literally never seen me clean shaven and I am committed to having just 1 chin by shave day.

wish me luck, ya'll

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

EarlOfBiscuits

Level 0 Warrior

STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Challenge Thread

Main Quest: Lose 50 pounds

8%
8%

Welcome back! I just respawned after quite a bit of time away as well. Happy to be an accountabilibuddy if you need one! Love your motivation and hope you post pics of your awesome couples costume!

Level 19 Ravenclaw Rebel

Fairy tales do not start, nor do they end, in the dark forest (Ted Lasso)
COMPLETED CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 13.5 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21/21

CURRENT CHALLENGE: Mindful Magic