Forums are back in action! ×

Inspired by Today's Post - What's your Level 50 and how are you going to get there?

spezzy

My big dream is two fold. First to form a foundation that supports projects that bring HOPE and Positive change to the world in the areas of emotional health and self-esteem, environment, family service and nutrition. My home base for the foundation would be a completely sustainable permaculture/wild foods farm created in a town or village that would flourish as it supported the agriculture and benefit by receiving most of what was grown for free. Train people in permaculture and sustainable organic farming and pastured heritage animal husbandry as well as eco-friendly sustainable lifestyle and all aspects of cooking and food service for preparation daily of meals for the community and other resource scant public service support. In other words an organic hippie commune where everyone could work on the land, learn great things and help support the environment and their fellow humans and animals....yes, I was born in 1964...yes I believe in flower power and yes, I know that my dream would wicked ROCK!

OH, and what did I do today towards that goal? I wild foraged for greens (wild dock, dandelion, lambs quarters, two kinds of sorrel, mugwort and wild lettuce) and I read up on some other wild food plants that I can find in my area and I prepared some areas of my property to plant some fruit trees, located three black walnut seedlings for transplanting and tried to identify a few more plants I found that "looked seriously edible" before eating them....I already know that I could feed my family in a pinch from the weeds growing in my yard and the woods near the school by me and it makes me feel so good and full of energy to eat those plants and know I don't have to slave over a garden!

The real world is bizarre enough for me....Blue Oyster Cult!

Oystergirl: Bad Assed Lightcaster (aka wizard!)

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 5

Oystergirl's Bad Ass Lightcaster Wicked Rocking Adventure Challenge!

Come visit my wicked rocking Nerd Fitness blog!

My Big Giant not-really-ridiculous Goal is turning into the person I want to be ... my inner super hero. I made a list some time ago of how I want to be, what I want to achieve and how I want to live.

It involves being a kind, open and funny person (have to cope with massive anxiety), being a great programmer (and having best marks in university), running a marathon and enjoying it (plus overall fitness), having great self-control, forming a small instrumental group with friends (because I enjoy music, especially classical, a lot), having kids with my boyfriend, and in ~7 years a house with a garden. The most important goals are those concerning my character/behaviour.

The day has just started, but I already played some stuff on my flute to help me learn for my choir. Today, I'll clean up our flat and continue to practice programming.

[table=width: 600]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rix - Level 2 Amazon Assassin

STR 7 | DEX 6 | CON 7 | STA 5 | WIS 7 | CHA 4 | LVL 3

LVL 2 | LVL 1

Work hard, be kind, and amazing things will happen.

Conan O'Brien

[/table]

My big crazy stupid goal is to compete on Ninja Warrior or American Ninja warrior when I'm 25 years old.

To do this, I'm going to train my ass off for the next 3 years, and train every discipline I can possibly do - climbing, running, lifting, calisthenics, parkour, slacklining, handbalancing, gymnastics, anything and everything for which I have the opportunity.

I love to train hard, but I'm not interested in distance running anymore, nor am I interested in any lifting-specific competitions. I'm highly interested in obstacle course type stuff, and Ninja Warrior would just be an absolute dream. I've wanted to do it since I was 18, and I'm going to focus all of my energy into it for the next 3 years and do my absolute best to make it happen.

Valar Morghulis

I want to climb an 8000m peak in the Himalayas. Definitely not Everest, but possibly K2.

I've been working at this goal for almost 2 years already. I started with just hiking, then rock climbing, 1000m at a time. I'm hoping to get out of the 3000-4000m range this year. It's a slow moving (and expensive) goal, but it's truly my life passion so I will make it happen.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me lies an invincible summer." - Albert Camus

"Moving on and Moving up" Challenge

My comment:

I couldn't think of just one goal for myself, so I came up with a few:

1) To make enough money at my job that we can buy a second house closer to the city and live off of just my income so my fiancee can focus on opening her own dojo. I'm going to do that by continuing to kick a$$ and take names at my job and by saving up money like a boss.

2) I want to get down to 12% body fat again. I haven't been that low since high school and have about 25% BF to cut to reach that goal. I'm going to do that by continuing my martial arts training, continuing my StrongLifts 5x5 workouts, trolling sites like this one for new ideas, and doing cardio like a boss. I'm signed up for Warrior Dash and Run for your Lives this year but want to advance to harder obstacle courses, triathalons, and marathons.

3) I'm starting a family this year, my fiancee and I are starting to plan for mini-hellions and such. My final--and most important--goal is to be the kind of man my children will be proud to have as a father. I plan to do that by getting healthier, becoming more successful than I already am in my career, spending time with family and friends, meeting my obligations at home, and still continuing to find the time for things that make me happy. I want to do all this...you guessed it...like a boss.

IDDQD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Current Challenge

Race: MALIETOA

Class: WARRIOR

STR: 4 | DEX: 1 | STA: 1 | CON: 3 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 4

My two big gigantic scary goals are to publish a fantasy book that I have been writing for the last year. Kinda an adventure book for high school students that have difficulty reading. Secondly, I want to have a 14% body fat percentage so I can look moderately toned.

What I've done today is: Already jog 2.5 miles and will be lifting at the gym tonight.

-Will be sitting down with a writers group at lunch to bang out a few more pages.

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. -Dalai Lama

My big crazy goals and what I've done today to achieve them:

To be in the best shape of my life and be able to run and enjoy doing a marathon - avoided the tempting icecream offered around the office today, body weight exercises tonight as well as Zumba class followed by a healthy dinner.

To write and hopefully get published a childrens fantasy book - Bought a note book to keep all my story ideas and notes in and give myself homework every other day to keep working on it.

Start making money from my photography and get into wedding photography too - start online flickr and picassa galleries to promote my best work, do portrait sessions with my friends and family and built up an online portfolio.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitter Blog

Attributes:

Strength (STR): 3

Dexterity (DEX): 1

Stamina (STA): 4

Constitution (CON): 2

Wisdom (WIS): 3

Charisma (CHA): 2

My two big gigantic scary goals are to publish a fantasy book that I have been writing for the last year. Kinda an adventure book for high school students that have difficulty reading. Secondly, I want to have a 14% body fat percentage so I can look moderately toned.

What I've done today is: Already jog 2.5 miles and will be lifting at the gym tonight.

-Will be sitting down with a writers group at lunch to bang out a few more pages.

That sounds like a great idea for a book.

Valar Morghulis
My big crazy stupid goal is to compete on Ninja Warrior or American Ninja warrior when I'm 25 years old.

To do this, I'm going to train my ass off for the next 3 years, and train every discipline I can possibly do - climbing, running, lifting, calisthenics, parkour, slacklining, handbalancing, gymnastics, anything and everything for which I have the opportunity.

I love to train hard, but I'm not interested in distance running anymore, nor am I interested in any lifting-specific competitions. I'm highly interested in obstacle course type stuff, and Ninja Warrior would just be an absolute dream. I've wanted to do it since I was 18, and I'm going to focus all of my energy into it for the next 3 years and do my absolute best to make it happen.

Wow. Just wow. Brilliant goal and awesome determination.

[table=width: 600]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rix - Level 2 Amazon Assassin

STR 7 | DEX 6 | CON 7 | STA 5 | WIS 7 | CHA 4 | LVL 3

LVL 2 | LVL 1

Work hard, be kind, and amazing things will happen.

Conan O'Brien

[/table]

My big crazy goals are two:

1. My goat farm. I want to raise goats for dairy and yarn and school visits. I want to live on my farm, be successful enough to hire a couple of hands to help, including an internship experience for a student. BUT I want my farm to be an URBAN goat farm. What I did towards my goal today? Kind of nothing. I went to work and earned money that someday might help pay for my goal. I think it's not so much a goal as a fuzzy dream right now. I talk about my goat farm a lot.

2. I want a child to ask to touch my hair. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/24/us/politics/indelible-image-of-a-boys-pat-on-obamas-head-hangs-in-white-house.html?hp. What did I do today? I had a fantastic meeting with the top brass and I had a great idea they all loved and we think there is potential development of the idea. Really. But it would be something that someday would really make a difference for people. So, maybe someday, a little girl will ask to touch my hair.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

My BGRG: I want to learn to relax. Y'know that song, "I'm in a Hurry and Don't Know Why"? Yeah, pretty much sums up my life from birth. Worse, it makes me extremely impatient when people have a hard time keeping up with me - and it really pisses me off when I can't keep up with someone else! Obviously, I've learned to tone it down a bit as time goes on... but I still struggle with it daily, even for the littlest things. The list of things that needs to be done in my life refuses to shrink (mostly because I can't stop adding to it!), and the last thought in my head at the end of any given day is, "I should've done..." It sucks. It blows. It's ridiculous. And therefore, figuring out a way to just relax - finally! - is one of my BGRGs.

My other BGRG is to do a standing backflip. From the ground, not a trampoline or spring mat either. Because that's just pure awesomeness at it's shiniest. :-)

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

MY BGRG is to raise money for an organization called Women at Risk (W.A.R.) by running a parkour course. (W.A.R. is an international faith-based organization that was started to rescue women from and educate them about the sex trafficking industry. It's since expanded into helping women in other areas such as depression and domestic abuse.)

I'm not a traceur (yet), though, and heck I'm not even in shape (yet). But the little step I made today was to refine my workout routine, and keep up the habit by doing stretches today. (I also literally overreached and pulled a muscle though. *facepalm* N00b fail.)

My big Ridiculous goal is to join Doctors without Borders and help people who've suffered a disaster and help save as many lives as possible.

Currently, I'm trying to get into medical school, heh, need to be a doctor first. I am studying to take the MCAT in July 6th, right now.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

My big giant ridiculous goal is to train, ride and compete an international caliber Grand Prix dressage horse. An experienced trainer with a talented horse takes at least 8 years to reach Grand Prix if you don't skip steps or rush things, and it's usually a few years after you debut at Grand Prix before you're good enough to really campaign competitively. It also requires a ridiculous amount of money, which I do not have. I have, as of now, never ridden above First Level (that's low).

What I'm doing now: I'm moving my horse to a barn closer to my house with a better arena schedule so that I can train more. There are also people my age there that will get on my ass if I don't go out and ride often enough. The barn is also self-care (there is no staff who clean stalls or feed for you, you're responsible for everything yourself) which means that I will need to be there at least once a day regardless, so I am much more likely to ride if I already have to be there and I can't use time as an excuse to sit at home on my ass watching youtube videos of the people that I want to be.

I am also going to contact a woman a few hours away who is a Grand Prix level trainer and see if I can start getting back into a lesson plan, even if it's only every other week or so, and preferably on a school horse so that I can focus on improving my skills and then bringing them home to use with Indigo as she starts to learn the movements.

My level 50 involves training and competing my own/clients' dressage horses as well as coaching para-equestrian athletes out of the therapeutic riding center that I will co-own with my best friend. In my free time I will train my dogs in agility for fun and then turn around and take them to children's hospitals for pet therapy. And go rock climbing. I'll have a book published about training the dressage horse that isn't aimed at people with super-fancy warmbloods, and possibly one aimed toward the para-equestrian. I will travel regularly to amazing places to meet amazing people and do amazing things like climb mountains and explore ruins, or swim with sea turtles.

Honestly, I don't know how all of that can fit, as training dressage horses is more than a full time gig, plus coaching... but I figure I'll figure that part out when I get there. Right now I'm focusing on the next step in front of me.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that leads to total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." -Frank Herbert, Dune

Awesome article, thanks so much for sharing!

Isn't it great? I talked about it to everyone I know last night. I find that whole thing so amazing - the child, his family, the president. Such a great story.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Everyone has such awesome goals.

I on the other hand have no idea what I want to accomplish in life. I have some short-ish term (in comparison to a level 50 goal) goals, but no BGRG. I'd have to say I'm still in the tutorial phase of life. I'm learning all my options and haven't chosen a path to take towards anything except for my career, though that is in flux right now too. Hopefully by the time I start into actually leveling up, I'll know what I'm working towards.

By my level 50 i will also have a MovNat certification and a course in or near my home that keeps me fit.

That is awesome. I've been looking up MovNat a good bit recently and would love to take a class.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Archived