Forums are back in action! ×

I'm not exactly sure what sparked the idea to come back here. By the looks of it, it's been five years. Pre-pandemic. I went by another handle back then: Daryl of Barbaria.

It was a fine handle, but I figured something new was in order, to mark a new effort. Well, not truly new. Re-newed. Renewed effort and renewed handle. "DeRail" was a nickname given to me by someone in a martial arts club I used to attend. It didn't actually stick, just the one guy called me DeRail. But I appreciate the sentiment. A "derailment" is generally viewed by society as a bad thing...a derailed train, derailed plan, etc. Something unwanted and avoided, and almost never embraced. 

However, derailments are an inevitable part of life. Things happen. Challenges arise. Priorities change. I think not embracing the derailment is where I have historically struggled. Not always, but often enough. Especially when it comes to something like health and fitness. But I've been working on this. Radical acceptance can be a powerful tool. Difficult, yes. But worth the time and effort. I intend for this concept of radical acceptance will be apparent in any efforts I pursue on Nerd Fitness Rebellion.

I'm not exactly sure how I will start off my first challenge here, but be assured it will be related to keeping up a meditation habit, as well as martial arts practice. And of course, acceptance.

• Like 2

(DeRail) - Rebel / Monk

"Yeah, I'm slightly irreverent towards tradition. Sorry not sorry."

Welcome back! You picked a good time to come back since a new challenge is just starting up.

Love the concept of radical acceptance - I've been reaching for that idea lately too. 

Level 19 Ravenclaw Rebel

Fairy tales do not start, nor do they end, in the dark forest (Ted Lasso)
COMPLETED CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 13.5 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21/21

CURRENT CHALLENGE: Mindful Magic