Good start to the week

Water yes

Morning start yes

Workout: I struggled with the squats. It just felt heavy. Then my arms and back felt strong,  and since I hadn't done as well in the squats, I super pushed myself, and then later in the day had all the back DOMS.  Speaking of that,  some of my coats hadn't fit, and I was thought it was because I had put in weight, But, really my waist is just slightly about what it used to be, it's just the number on the scale is bigger. But then I  actually looked at my back in the mirror, and I have back muscles! Turns out some of the sizing was because I actually have muscle now. Trying to be grateful and happy about that. My poor body, I tell it I don't like the way it looks because I have no muscle, and I put on muscle and say I don't like that either.?

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

21 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Good start to the week

Water yes

Morning start yes

Workout: I struggled with the squats. It just felt heavy. Then my arms and back felt strong,  and since I hadn't done as well in the squats, I super pushed myself, and then later in the day had all the back DOMS.  Speaking of that,  some of my coats hadn't fit, and I was thought it was because I had put in weight, But, really my waist is just slightly about what it used to be, it's just the number on the scale is bigger. But then I  actually looked at my back in the mirror, and I have back muscles! Turns out some of the sizing was because I actually have muscle now. Trying to be grateful and happy about that. My poor body, I tell it I don't like the way it looks because I have no muscle, and I put on muscle and say I don't like that either.?

So swole you're ripping outta your shirts. Love it. :P 

• Like 2

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

Woke up at 4 am and had trouble getting back to sleep, which meant that this morning I was slow and didn't start the morning at goal time. For the record, I was not far off.

I think I hit my water goal. I'm counting it anyway. I somehow hit a button  to add  8 oz more than once, and I don't know what my real count was, and my brain is tired, so I'm saying yes, because I"m pretty sure it was. Having some chamomile tea before bed, which counts

• Like 5

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

17 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Glorious.

But how messed up is it society’s trained us to dislike our bodies no matter what they look like? Can’t win. 

Perhaps, but as a card carrying member of society, I have to point that finger back at myself and take responsibility for my attitude. ?

• Like 1

Elastigirl was able to  pump up the water cannon, blasting Godzilla with a powerful enough force to send him reeling. But, Godzilla quickly recovered, and was able to  sneak in some big lizard punches to Elastigirl , zapping her strength.

Water: Yes Four ut of 5 days 250 hit points earned

Surprise Element: getting started by goal time on mornings: nope only 3/5 Thursday night I slept horribly and decided to hit the snooze. A good choice for my sleep and energy, a sad choice for my goal.  0

Tracking 0 days = -100. I only need to do 1 day a week, but I was just feeling meh about it and it didn't happen.

It was really the week 3 grind! And with a boss challenge, with not much room for error,  it was tough. I  said it last week,  but it's reminder; I like my stretch goals, I don't like how I didn't give room for some error.

Total points earned this week 150

Total so far 1,200

I need  1,500 points by challenge end to keep Godzilla from winning

In order for Elastigirl to win I need 2,500 : I could achieve that by hitting my goals 4/5 days and tracking  my food 2  x a week, and hitting my strength goal.  I will try the strength goal this week.  Not impossible . It will be a tough fight, but I  think I may pull it off.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Excellent.

Exciting battle ahead!

Hopefully!

6 hours ago, Everstorm said:

You can do it!

200.gif?cid=cad65057pzd0mp3ckf9o3v5698dy

Thanks.

• Like 1

Today I started a new workout routine. It is 15 minutes a day. Just two exercises. I am also doing some stretches. I picked it for this month because we are on vacation in the middle of the month. and we arealso at my mother in laws for a few days the end of the month.  My last workout was pretty intense, so I thought this month I would do something with less volume. Next week, I may add in some rowing.  Today I didn't because the weather was gorgeous, so I spent the time in the garden and walking. It's fall though, cold in the mornings, and chilly in the evenings, even with afternoon sun. Hubby and I did get an evening walk in though.

One of the exercises was Bulgarian squat. They had you take the back bent leg down so your knee touched the ground. I didn't think I could, but I managed it! I did it bodyweight. Though also had Romanian Deadlift. Each set I kept upping the weight, and it still felt easy, so next time I will up it more. 

Started on time today.  Tracked my food. Working on the water goal.

• Like 6

20 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

One of the exercises was Bulgarian squat. They had you take the back bent leg down so your knee touched the ground. I didn't think I could, but I managed it!

I had to look this up and wow! Go you! Your 15-minute workout packs a lot in!

3 hours ago, Radost said:

I had to look this up and wow! Go you! Your 15-minute workout packs a lot in!

It does just two exercises, but those exercises can be evil.?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gorgeous fall day today. Did my exercises and went on a walk with my friend. The workout actually calls for a suspension trainer, which I don't have. I am just using my rings. But I struggled with the ring push ups. Probably because I struggle with normal push ups?

Also I took out my paint by number that I bought last year. I've been giving all the excuses why I haven't started it. But the Wet Marches Adventure challenge was to take 20 seconds of courage and do something you've been putting off. I realized that the main reason I haven't done it was because it looked too hard. And who knows it may be. Maybe I will  find it frustrating, and not fun, and not do it. But maybe I will enjoy it.  No commitments to finish, just to play with it ,and see if I enjoy it.

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 2

Elastigirl uses her stretchy super powers and strength to roll her body into a giant  ball, then Mr ,Incredible throws her right at Godzilla's face. With a mighty smack, Godzilla is dealt a huge blow.

I unlocked the strength bonus today

Hitting him hard- I'm going to choose a big strength goal here- decide goal Monday after workout

Squat 60 lbs(30 in each hand) for 3 x 4

100% of goal 200 points

80% of goal 180

200 points earned

• Like 4

Week 4

water goal 3/5= 0 points started feeling sloshy, and tired of drinking that much this week

mornings 4/5 = 250 points

Strength bonus goal unlocked = 200 points

Bonus tracking food  3 days = 200 points

total points for this week= 650

total for 4 weeks=1,850

If I hit both my water and morning goals I will manage 2,350, which is almost a win.I will have to track food to earn  the bonus to give me a complete win.  I haven't tracked food so far today. We will see how it goes. I'm not super feeling it. I will  see if I can find the energy at least get a second level win

Godzilla seems to have unlimited energy. He just keeps fighting. And he is stronger than any other opponents the Incredibles have ever faced. Elastigirl is fighting valiantly, but she is also growing weary. Does she have the stamina to stay in this fight? Can she find the energy and strength to vanquish Godzilla? Only time will tell. 

The Incredibles Pixar GIF by Walt Disney Studios

Scoring goals

coring

less than 1,500 :Metropolis is destroyed:Godzilla wins

1,500- 1,999 Godzilla is still fighting. The Incredibles have done some damage, but Godzilla barely notices

2,000- 2199 Godzilla is getting wobbly. He has slowed down his rampage. 

2,200 -,2,549Godzilla is fading. The Incredibles have managed to slow him down . He is no longer throwing buildings and cars, and seems a bit wobbly on his feet

2,550+ncredibles win.  Godzilla flees and will never again return to Metropolis

• Like 7

You got this!The Incredibles Disney GIF

• Like 2

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore before you decide to be happy” -Nightbirde

“Dreams do not come true all by themselves. They are nourished by the bounty of hard work”  -Unknown Disney Imagineer

2024 Word

Svastha: Standing in One’s Own Power

Current Challenge:

Sepherina Focuses

Prior Challenges

Spoiler

Sepherina:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 , #6 , #7 , #8 , #9#10#11, #12, ,#13#14, #15#16, #17

Avery The Patient:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 

Did my workout today. It's very interesting doing a short workout every day. I figured it would be a placeholder workout. Just keeping things at maintenance. But, I feel so fresh each workout, that I am able to add weight/reps without much problem.

My friend and I opted to go for our weekly walk Thursday instead of today, due to rain. I decided to  go for a walk on my walking pad, while wearing my weighted vest, to get a bit of Zone 2 in. It also was for the West Marchers Adventure challenge, which was to do an extra walk. 

I did go on my morning start time(just barely, but still counts) and am working on the water. I need 14 oz in the next 90 minutes (I try not to drink much after 9 pm)   I think I will fix some tea.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Cool! That's so interesting. Really makes you wonder about what the ideal weekly/daily volume is.

Yeah, I found it  really interesting. 

• Like 1

It was a nice fall day, so I went on a short morning walk, and about a 20 minute walk this afternoon. I like to aim for about 45 minutes, so I am trying to motivate myself to do a short walking  video now. It's dark after dinner, and so much harder to motivate myself.

Missed my morning start time. I decided I would rather sleep in. Water is looking shaky too.  I did track food today, so at least I won't get docked points for that. I'm wondering if Godzilla is going to win this round.

I made some apple crisp to freeze for later. I also made one on Saturday.Well Saturday, I made two crisps, and we ate one and froze the other. I made an apple dessert today. Basically apple pie filling without the crust. It was good

Did my  workout today. Was about to do the Arnold Presses with 20 pounds in each hand, so that was a win.And bicep curls with 12 lbs. in each hand! Like I said yesterday, it is really surprising me how  fast I am progressing 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

It was a nice fall day, so I went on a short morning walk, and about a 20 minute walk this afternoon. I like to aim for about 45 minutes, so I am trying to motivate myself to do a short walking  video now. It's dark after dinner, and so much harder to motivate myself.

You can do it!

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

You can do it!

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I had planned to do a video which was a dance/walk combo. I decided I didn't have the energy for it ( I forget how much my energy drops once the days are shorter) so instead I opted for a 7 minute slow pace walk on my walking pad. A good choice. It fit my goal of getting a bit of movement in the evening, without requiring a ton of energy/

• Like 4