16 minutes ago, Laghail said:

goddamn on this photography!

Thanks, It is getting there. Camera phone is very cheap and the camera part is not the greatest for landscapes. Decent ish for plants and people and closeish things. 
it is what i have though, so i am just glad it takes nice plant picks

• Like 2

the creative spelling comes as standard. Enjoy! 
A journey of thousand miles, begins with a single step - Lao Tzu

Challenge: #1#2#3#4#5#6#7#8

Tired today so taking it easy. Weather is nice though so might get out later. 
went to town yesterday to get some much needed trousers and have a snoop round the shops. Still only own 3 pairs of trousers i can fit into (despite trying quite a few on, as usual the cuts are bad) . Will be so happy when i eventually get down  enough to be able to wear my cords again. Might be a while though. 

everywhere had Christmas decorations onsale (despite it being barely being october) but i did manage to find a few caches of Halloween stuff. One place i walked into had such cool Halloween costumes. Made me wish i could wear that stuff more often and thus justify buying cool headpieces made from branches and winged masks covered in rhinestones and crowns with black gems. 

did find some cool bat jewellery (which i will be wearing all year round) and an amazing advent calendar that creates a freestanding Christmas tree decoration you slowly add little animal to.

Kind of ran out of energy half way through and had to call it, but we did most of everything we meant to. 

weather is nice today but pretty tired so having a rest day. 
did some more to my bujo. It is ongoing slowly. But im very happy with how it looks so far

IMG_2571.thumb.jpeg.cbaee2c52905202c3fddf08cdadcf34e.jpeg

My villain appropriate footwear now has their new laces. Loving this colour so much

IMG_2587.thumb.jpeg.1f9e6a1af80ac71e09284f3a3856706a.jpeg

• Like 6
  • That's Metal 2

Went out to get some air as it is the last dry day of the week. Picked a different route, but one i cant just turn back if i get tired. Which turned out to be a mistake as i am definitely more tired today than i realised. 
had intended to get some sketching in but my brain is just fried.

ho hum. Cant all be good days. 
ended up going for a quiet cup of tea and then getting the bus home. 

IMG_20241004_112243_812.thumb.jpeg.45565ffe3643edec6b1635cf64341424.jpeg

IMG_20241004_110917_670.thumb.jpeg.c6b6fc78b1632fd4ece1cea42a5ecd95.jpeg

IMG_20241004_111322_226.thumb.jpeg.4f5653dab1c517971c4329b57b408f9c.jpeg

IMG_20241004_112535_229.thumb.jpeg.8371f518c2e27679eedd9c07b4f0750e.jpeg

• Like 7

Today is a rest day. Still restless and wandering about though, so not ideal.

made more soup (tomato and chilli) and did some more to my bujo.

experimenting with blending again. Turned out pretty nicely.

IMG_2627.thumb.jpeg.b6ed401abdd6ad7ab16b583084b7d3c6.jpegIMG_2624.thumb.jpeg.ef13df87b3ecbc73f196432e3f9e59d9.jpeg
IMG_2623.thumb.jpeg.83bb01d6cc15efbaa26148d92ff43279.jpeg

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 1

I love your witchy boots SO MUCH! Ribbon laces make everything cooler.  Your bujo spread is awesome too, and I looooove that door.  But I think my favourite photo you shared this week is the blackened branch poking up from the grass.  It looks like it could be about to rise and intone something spooky at any moment, or like it might mark the boundary between the mortal world and somewhere spookier.  You stayed on the right-hand side of it, I hope? Or carried some rowan for protection?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Radost said:

But I think my favourite photo you shared this week is the blackened branch poking up from the grass.  It looks like it could be about to rise and intone something spooky at any moment, or like it might mark the boundary between the mortal world and somewhere spookier

There was a whole patch of them. They're whats left of the gorse when it gets burnt in a heath fire. definetly look very etherial. Definetly going to have a go at sketching them when i have more energy. 

Probubly had iron on me somewhere, we’re good ?

2 hours ago, Radost said:

I love your witchy boots SO MUCH! Ribbon laces make everything cooler

Ribbon laces are so good. Over the moon with them ❤️

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Laghail said:

Your blending on those pumpkins is puuure autumn. It's been fun/impressive seeing your sketches develop over the last few months. How'd the soup turn out?

Thanks ? i feel like progress is being made, which is very encouraging. 
soup went well, hard to mess up chilli and tomato really (although i have managed it a couple of times ?).

managed to get to fantastic veg shop near us so have lots of fun things to Throw in the next one.

• Like 1

It is raining here so much right now. Has been at it since yesterday afternoon in what feels like a nonstop downpour. the rayburn is lit and the mist rolls in and the wind is cold. Seasons have definitely turned over here. All the shops are full of Halloween decorations (and quite a few xmas decorations ?) and we are buying butternut squash and cooking apples to bake with cinnamon and watching the wind steal the leaves from all the trees. we’re still getting warm days, so its that strange “will i need a coat” debate everytime you walk out the door (the answer is usually yes) and i was definitely glad i left mine at home yesterday as it was so hot in every shop when we popped into town. 

been pretty knackered from sleeping rather irregularly over the weekend. Still going to sleep at a good time, but the early nights are screwing up my sleep pattern. The evenings have suddenly pulled in and it feels much later than it is. The hour will go back here soon and that will even everything out again, but until then i keep struggling with the sun setting so early. 

Have mostly been resting this weekend. Was just so blitzed i couldn't handle much. Am currently quietly rereading unchallenging things and trying to recharge. Have to juggle a double appointment on wed that i stupidly made without considering that the first one is a) just before the first available bus gets in and b) requires 3 hrs of thumb twiddling and generally mooching around in town before the second one. 

Will not be making that mistake again. 

Managed to get to the lovely greengrocers near us so now have giant shallots and butternut squash and bulb fennel and chestnut mushrooms for soup making. Really looking forward to the butternut and sage soup, it is one of my favourites at this time of year. Still trying to crack the right amount of oil to roast the squash seeds with, but it is so delicious with them in it is definitely worth doing. 

the to do list is getting quite long again, but I'm trying not to push it too much, as the ankle is finally getting there. Right now I'm trying not to do anything silly and setback the recovery just because I'm restless, But the last of the inflammation has gone finally and i can do more on it (even if I'm still going gingerly down the stairs).

hopefully by the end of next month it will be back to normal ????

• Like 5

I don't know chestnut mushrooms. What do you do with them?

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

9 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

It is raining here so much right now. Has been at it since yesterday afternoon in what feels like a nonstop downpour. the rayburn is lit and the mist rolls in and the wind is cold. Seasons have definitely turned over here. All the shops are full of Halloween decorations (and quite a few xmas decorations ?) and we are buying butternut squash and cooking apples to bake with cinnamon and watching the wind steal the leaves from all the trees. we’re still getting warm days, so its that strange “will i need a coat” debate everytime you walk out the door (the answer is usually yes) and i was definitely glad i left mine at home yesterday as it was so hot in every shop when we popped into town. 

This sounds soooo so cozy. I feel you on the coat vs no coat thing, especially if when I'm walking to shops and I don't have a car back seat to hold my coat when I know a certain shop will be a sauna. 

been pretty knackered from sleeping rather irregularly over the weekend. Still going to sleep at a good time, but the early nights are screwing up my sleep pattern. The evenings have suddenly pulled in and it feels much later than it is. The hour will go back here soon and that will even everything out again, but until then i keep struggling with the sun setting so early. 

Have mostly been resting this weekend. Was just so blitzed i couldn't handle much. Am currently quietly rereading unchallenging things and trying to recharge.

Sounds like rest is very much the vibe? 

Have to juggle a double appointment on wed that i stupidly made without considering that the first one is a) just before the first available bus gets in and b) requires 3 hrs of thumb twiddling and generally mooching around in town before the second one. 

Will not be making that mistake again. 

Hopefully you had a pocket book with you??

Managed to get to the lovely greengrocers near us so now have giant shallots and butternut squash and bulb fennel and chestnut mushrooms for soup making. Really looking forward to the butternut and sage soup, it is one of my favourites at this time of year. Still trying to crack the right amount of oil to roast the squash seeds with, but it is so delicious with them in it is definitely worth doing. 

That sounds soo so good. Pics plz n thnx??

the to do list is getting quite long again, but I'm trying not to push it too much, as the ankle is finally getting there. Right now I'm trying not to do anything silly and setback the recovery just because I'm restless, But the last of the inflammation has gone finally and i can do more on it (even if I'm still going gingerly down the stairs).

hopefully by the end of next month it will be back to normal ????

We need to throw you a party when you're finished mending. I feel like if you could have scheduled that sprain for deep winter, the healing time would have been more bearable?

• Like 1

Level 38 [Raveling Bard]

15 hours ago, Harriet said:

don't know chestnut mushrooms. What do you do with them?

They are nuttier than the usual white mushrooms we gets everywhere and are great in stews, sauces or cooked on their own. We make this awesome chicken pasta dish with them i adore. Uses a thickened stock based sauce with the chicken mushroom and veg in. One of my favourite meals. 

IMG_2667.jpeg.311a683c048dc27784b1e1882e706b4f.jpeg

13 hours ago, Laghail said:

certain shop will be a sauna

There is always at least one. One of the reasons ive converted to hoodies with a central zip.

Hopefully you had a pocket book with you??

Kindle and or a phone book app are a must. 

We need to throw you a party when you're finished mending. I feel like if you could have scheduled that sprain for deep winter, the healing time would have been more bearable

I was hoping to make the most of the last warm and dry weather, so major pain in the…leg. 
definetly up for a party, but no dancing yet ?

• Like 2

Much time juggling today. New haircut is good so i am happy even though i did have to ask her to take more off (she is still not cutting enough off despite me telling her it grows very fast).
Got to both the appointments ontime and even found a book by the author of wicked based on alice in wonderland and a cool witches hat for Halloween. 
picked a healthy lunch even though i was craving chips as i had a treat yesterday (yay, willpower). 
had to jog slowly to catch the bus, but got back ok and it didnt even rain. Now i am just tired and a little foot sore. But was a good day

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sea-to-sky said:

Much time juggling today. New haircut is good so i am happy even though i did have to ask her to take more off (she is still not cutting enough off despite me telling her it grows very fast).

Remember to use your fresh-haircut powers responsibly! 

Got to both the appointments ontime and even found a book by the author of wicked based on alice in wonderland and a cool witches hat for Halloween. 
picked a healthy lunch even though i was craving chips as i had a treat yesterday (yay, willpower). 

Eating a healthy lunch entitles you to buying one new book and a cool hat. Yep, look, it's right there in the rules.

had to jog slowly to catch the bus, but got back ok and it didnt even rain. Now i am just tired and a little foot sore. But was a good day

Big win for your ankle!

• Like 1

Level 38 [Raveling Bard]

today is slow, which is good as i need the rest. Went to have a cup of tea and get some food shopping done. Would have gone for a walk but it is very wet underfoot here and everywhere is slidey. Not ideal. 

it is that weird kind of autumn weather where it is cool, but not cold enough for a coat (mostly). So you end up in a jumper (with optional scarf) hoping the wind doesnt pick up too much and it doesnt start raining. 

got a few things done I've been meaning to like do some more to my monthly bujo pages (which i have still not finished), tidy, put laundry away and prune some of the worn out clothes from my wardrobe (i figure, if you can stick you arm through the hole, it is probubly no longer wearable  for anyhing but gardening ?). Making soup was on the agenda, but i think I've run out of energy now sadly. 
Did cook some salmon and then threw it (in a figurative manner) at a pitta for lunch. 

All the picture i keep meaning to take off my phone. 

IMG_20241009_132823_615.thumb.jpeg.9b39e33956e9e7e9193a2a9001724731.jpeg

IMG_20241001_130812_160.thumb.jpeg.7e567e5e80302e5d42aef41e33a82f88.jpeg

IMG_20241001_125528_492.thumb.jpeg.376a4aeb8d5f2dd37c55938113279734.jpeg

IMG_20241001_130757_361.thumb.jpeg.428e4263dca2442db2ca345932ed2a91.jpeg

• Like 5

IMG_20241001_125528_492.thumb.jpeg.376a4aeb8d5f2dd37c55938113279734.jpeg

Those patches of sunlight on the water are haunting.

IMG_20241009_132823_615.thumb.jpeg.9b39e33956e9e7e9193a2a9001724731.jpeg

I love how you composed that photo. Like someone snagged a quiet afternoon memory but the angle and the dog and every object is only partially in the frame - it feels you a raw memory snatched from an sun drenched day.

• Thanks 1

Level 38 [Raveling Bard]

2 hours ago, Laghail said:

I love how you composed that photo. Like someone snagged a quiet afternoon memory but the angle and the dog and every object is only partially in the frame - it feels you a raw memory snatched from an sun drenched day.

I took 3 like this. All from different angles. This was the one with the least cake (in deference to anyone trying to cut sugary things)

2 hours ago, Laghail said:

Those patches of sunlight on the water are haunting

Yeah, some days the light is just so good and we have so much sea. I can take a panoramic shot of 100% ocean in someplaces here

• Like 2

The weather is so nice today i grabbed the chance and went out. Wanted to make the most of the nice weather before it closes in for winter.

went for a cup of tea with a book and treated myself to one of the autumn specials they have going (hot chocolate with pumpkin spice and way too much crud ontop). Looked amazing but was a bit oversweet for me (mental note to self, savoury treats more worthwhile) Fun to try something new though. 

Sun was lovely and warm so grabbed a sausage roll for lunch and walked out to the cliffs. (Still trying to go easy on the uneven ground as the ankle is ongoing rehab wise) found a nice spot out of the wind and read. So warm infact i even had to take my jumper off. 

all the grasses and summer flowers are at the gorgeous crunchy skeletal stage i love. 
My phone is rather reticent to take close up shots of plants but got some nice ones with a little effort. (I have left them on the phone though so will extract them later).

nice to get in some solid outdoors time and just enjoy the scenery. 

more scribbles from the bujo. Might try to add clouds of bats or something. I need more than one grey it transpires. 

IMG_2720.thumb.jpeg.27fc0abd3efe0407c19462fb7d173cf2.jpeg

soup is made. Tomato, chilli and fennel (because it was he quickest and i was tired)

added some goats yogurt to it and a little paprika as i fancied something slightly mellower. 

@Laghail soup picture as requested. 

IMG_2721.thumb.jpeg.3696b6ff427ff8b6d456c1363770ad65.jpeg

• Like 4

Went out to penzance on saturday. Had a lovely day wandering around on my own and poked my head in all my favourite shops. Decided to go in lots of shops i havent looked into before and found an absolutely fantastic retro shop tucked away. When summer comes around again i will definitely be going back as they had such nice skirts and dresses. 

after pootling around town for several hours i caught the bus to marazion. which is a big first for me. Fairly impromptu bus catching whilst out isn't something I've done before so it felt good to do something different. 

still cant walk on the beach. My ankle just cant cope with the sand yet, but sat and read and enjoyed the sunshine. 

IMG_20241012_151142_898.thumb.jpeg.6b4dcfe0282d1310ab05fb4ce7f47ac4.jpeg

All the pictures from my trip to the cliffs the other day.  

Spoiler

IMG_20241011_114745_539.thumb.jpeg.00ccf3f2fcf49812a193fb2803dc19ee.jpeg

IMG_20241011_114609_305.thumb.jpeg.a2eda12d328da2b43ffdfa7411398702.jpeg

IMG_20241011_123235_439.thumb.jpeg.89431363c836462e10881d3dd2e403df.jpeg

IMG_20241011_123320_861.thumb.jpeg.2b01097f2c3b9c80d39fa2a24ee2c1b5.jpeg

IMG_20241011_123339_675.thumb.jpeg.56256ffcac5f7516c2a353725e071809.jpeg

IMG_20241011_123354_626.thumb.jpeg.41de88ce0f779d068d60e6f7c82b1066.jpeg

IMG_20241011_123537_468.thumb.jpeg.55d0f8a6ef78e10cffd042cee08d5609.jpeg

IMG_20241011_131237_256.thumb.jpeg.862ec59c9f2f55d5ca4902e8bb485100.jpeg

yesterday i slept mostly after getting a flu jab. Not something that normally knocks me out but wow, definitely has a kick this year. 

cant believe it is the end of the challenge. Where on earth did that go ?

i have no idea what to do for the next one. Will have to have a think. Maybe something like Jared's kneehab would be good now the ankle is getting there. 

• Like 3