Forums are back in action! ×

Bleeding Penis

Trad_Climb

Has anyone lifted too often/maxed out too hard, or hit your own junk with the barbell at high speeds (like cleaning or snatching)? And has resulted in a bleeding penis with no risk of kidney failure or STD/STI?

I've had it happen to me twice, once I was on some "energy drugs" which allowed me to work out with amazing intensity. Well one day I maxed out my squat, front squat, dead, and snatch. The next day I would have blood in my piss. I went to the doctor (yay insurance) and he said my liver enzymes were higher than standard but not enough to cause the bleeding. It stopped after a day or two.

Then one day I power cleaned right into my junk, it was one of those lifts that you think to your self "this is going to be heavy" and it turns out to feel super light. Well I hit my dick and got to fall over and make a lot of noise in the process. I had a nice bruise and bled for a few days. No real pain though.

So anyone else so hard core or so uncoordinated that they have had some very un-fun accidents?

Warrior LVL 3

STR: 16.75 DEX: 4 STA: 4 CON: 2 WIS: 8 CHA: 3

Current Challenge: http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?17857-Trad-s-Don-t-drop-that-dun-dun-dun

Current Maxes (lbs):

Spoiler

Squat: 380

Front Squat: 300

Bench: 265

Overhead Press: 155

Deadlift: 455

Clean & Jerk: 225

Snatch: 155

Watched a buddy (who's usually well co-ordinated with these things) almost cut his own nipple off while drawing a sword from its sheathe.

"Wow this is a nice one."

"Dude you're bleeding?"

"Really?... Hey, is this sharp?"

Calls from across the room, "Yeah, awesome, isn't it?"

Oh adrenaline from class.

I don't have a penis, but I went through a few months where I would pee brick red after some intense workouts. Turned out I had a bunch of tiny kidney stones. I have no idea what kind of "energy drugs" you were on (or whether it was drugs, supplements or something else whacky), but you never know how that kind of stuff can affect your kidneys. To be on the safe side, drink a bunch of water if it's happening. If you get an ache in your lower back, and then suddenly feel the worst pain in your life, get thee to an ER. They can't do much to get rid of the stone, but they can drug you until you pass it.

The part where you whacked yourself in the junk... well, I've got nothing on that one. Seems like the equivalent of a bloody nose, but again, I'm not a penis enabled human.

-jj

NF: Treedwelling assasin. Druidish leanings. Gnome.  

IRL: Amateur circus geek.  Mad cook. Mom. Mad Max junkie. 

I'm not sure how the NF community stands of "illegal" drug use so I won't get into the details of what they consist of. But the stress they put on the liver wasn't enough for penile bleeding, no stones etc. It was over exertion, the drugs just helped me get there. I suppose it would be possible to get to point of over exertion sober, but with them you get more done, so you get to that higher level of over training.

Warrior LVL 3

Current Challenge: http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?17857-Trad-s-Don-t-drop-that-dun-dun-dun

Current Maxes (lbs):

Spoiler

Guest Snake McClain
I'm not sure how the NF community stands of "illegal" drug use so I won't get into the details of what they consist of. But the stress they put on the liver wasn't enough for penile bleeding, no stones etc. It was over exertion, the drugs just helped me get there. I suppose it would be possible to get to point of over exertion sober, but with them you get more done, so you get to that higher level of over training.

rule of the rebellion #3. we train as naturally as possible. just sayin.

I wouldn't go trumpeting the fact around exactly, but as long as you are sound of mind, advice, and spirit, I'm sure the admins will look the other way.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

I take caffeine to improve performance, many take creatine, even more take sugar or protein. So I believe that everyone "drugs" themselves to some degree.

But I am gonna say this...

If you're taking stuff that makes your penis bleed, that might be a good indication to stop taking it.

I know, crazy, right?

You gotta experiment to find out what works for you.
PM me with any questions about, well, anything! :)
Current challenge: Catspaw Starts Strong

Nothing to add other than seeing this tread immediately below the "what's in your lunchbox?" on the latest list is not a mental image I'll be able to shift in a while

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

I take caffeine to improve performance, many take creatine, even more take sugar or protein. So I believe that everyone "drugs" themselves to some degree.

To be fair, only one of the substances you listed is actually a drug.

Of course, by that definition, injecting insulin and/or blood doping would be perfectly reasonable.

Enough digression. I doubt it was caused by EC, if that's what you're taking; not even clen would do that to you.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

...and no. No, I have never bludgeoned my cock with a barbell.

Back when I was a little, less angry, Santa, I did my first set of deadlifts and saw that with my arm and torso length, my junk sits right on the bar. I really have better things to do than present myself like freaky bear sushi, so hold-it-back knickers ever since. :D

A lot of people didn't read this right. The bleeding was *mostly likely* due to lifting too hard not due to the "work out aid". Doctor said liver enzymes weren't elevated enough (by the drug) to cause bleeding, no stones etc.

Think of it like, has anyone ever squatted so hard they got a bloody nose, or dead-lifted so heavy they've puked kind of question. Not a hey who here also doesn't have conscious and sees no wrong in using drugs to help lift weights.

Warrior LVL 3

Current Maxes (lbs):

Spoiler

The only time i've come close to fainting was hill sprints in the middle of the summer 103 degrees, not very fun.

Warrior LVL 3

Current Maxes (lbs):

Spoiler

Pretty sure Exertion will not cause bleeding through the penis. Seriously. bleeding through the penis is related to either dehydration causing the mucosa of the urethra to stick together and then when it rips apart either during urination or ejaculation it can cause bleeding. You could also have cystitis, a bladder infection and that can cause pain and bleeding. Usually that is due to dehydration as well but can also be caused by an altered pH level.

Please be careful. It is quite possible, due to blunt trauma if you have any level of tumescence during the trauma to fracture your penis. It is VERY real and completely irreversible. I have a friend who's penis is now at almost a 90 degree angle during an erection because of rough sex with his previous girlfriend. He is lucky enough to have found a wonderful woman who loved him regardless but it took him YEARS to feel comfortable enough to even talk about it with a girl he liked.

The penis is a blessing. Do not abuse it. You can laugh at me for saying this but imagine it gone or disfigured or unusable?

The real world is bizarre enough for me....Blue Oyster Cult!

Oystergirl: Bad Assed Lightcaster (aka wizard!)

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 5

Oystergirl's Bad Ass Lightcaster Wicked Rocking Adventure Challenge!

Come visit my wicked rocking Nerd Fitness blog!

Think of it like, has anyone ever squatted so hard they got a bloody nose, or dead-lifted so heavy they've puked kind of question.

Yeah, I've puked in circus workouts. The ones that involve spinning on an apparatus after an hour of hard training. That'll do it.

-jj

NF: Treedwelling assasin. Druidish leanings. Gnome.  

IRL: Amateur circus geek.  Mad cook. Mom. Mad Max junkie. 

If you're taking stuff that makes your penis bleed, that might be a good indication to stop taking it.

I know, crazy, right?

As an experienced penis owner/operator, I think this is great advice. It's designed to deal with a lot of abuse, but bleeding should never be a part of that.

PR's

5k - 21:29

10k - 47:26 43:29

21.1 - 2:05:26 1:44:21

As an experienced penis owner/operator, I think

Every statement or opinion made by a male should begin with this.

"As an experienced penis owner/operator, I think monkeys are the third greatest bipedal animal..."

"As an experienced penis owner/operator, I think... This thing is a Thneed. A Thneed's a Fine-Something-That-All-People-Need! It's a shirt. It's a sock. It's a glove. It's a hat. But it has other uses. Yes, far beyond that."

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

back in the old skating days i sacked myself on a few rails, never bled out my penis though...

on a related note; doctors who don't know whats wrong with you, give you no real advice besides "rest and see how it goes", and still charge you. i hate these guys :/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AZSF - lvl 4 assassin

STR - 9 | DEX - 12 | STA - 10.5 | CON - 7 | WIS - 8.5 | CHA - 1

Archived