I'm so happy for your glimmers and, one depressive to another, I'm happy you're having a kinder darker time atm. I threw in some art below that helps me reframe my darker/heavier emotion phases as productive resting / winter cycles for the soul. Zero obligation to adopt that reframe but it helps me.

Art depicting earth fathers as guardians during the winters of the soul

Spoiler

Music about life continuing even inside winters of the soul

Spoiler

Pop/R&B

Folk / Acoustics

Metal / post-punk

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

Level 38 [Raveling Bard]

3 hours ago, Sovalis said:

I go to register for November and December classes at the gym today. I am a little nervous about registering for two months at once because it seems like such a commitment, but I think it will be okay. I intend to do the thing, so I will just set myself up for that and then follow through. It’s simple, right? 😅

*bewildered nodding, clutching gym membership in my hands* 

3 hours ago, Sovalis said:

I hope that the wind doesn’t bite and your fingers stay comfortably warm all day. ❤️ 

🥲 Wind is too warm and my fingers too cold

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89, 101112

Current challenge:  to face the trials of this life at my own speed, savoring my accomplishments, and accepting my failures with peace

On 10/23/2024 at 7:06 PM, Sovalis said:

This doesn’t surprise me, but it is disappointing. Still, all I can do is start making better choices and trying to build up the supports that will help me not repeat this in a few months. I am impressed that I am not lingering in my woe or beating myself up about it. Definitely a mindset win.

Splendid work ❤️ 

5 hours ago, Sovalis said:

I go to register for November and December classes at the gym today. I am a little nervous about registering for two months at once because it seems like such a commitment, but I think it will be okay. I intend to do the thing, so I will just set myself up for that and then follow through. It’s simple, right? 😅

Everything will be fine, I think. And if it's not fine you will learn something and make it better next time. Happy lifting!

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

I love the little things and the gratitude you have ❤️ Cozy little snippets, too, are always a delight.

I'm delighted at the financial little joy you've found. It doesn't solve every problem but having a lighter heart does solve a whole lot. I hope you can carry that positivity forward for a long long long time to come, even in unrelated ways ❤️ 

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.