Forums are back in action! ×

Long-term energy boost

The Curse

What kind of night job do you do? I usually just drink an ice cold bottle of water to wake me up, it seems to work pretty well, doesn't last long though. Either that or go for a half hour or so walk. But my job permits that, I'm a security guard so I'm expected to go on patrol from time to time.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

5 hour energy. but it's prob. not that good for you. Yes I use them on occasion on a 12 hrs night shift.

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

I use 5 hour energy when I'm on graveyard shift. It's not that great for you, I'd imagine. Sometimes it's that or fall asleep on the job. I've found the more active I become the more energy I have. So doing this whole getting fit thing has really helped.

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Is music an option where you work? I know it can make a BIG difference in an 8 hour shift. If management has a safety concern with it, some places allow a "one earbud only" policy.

This used to be where  my weight loss progress bar was. Maybe it will be here again when I'm ready to face the scale and work on my fat problem.
 NewBattleLog              OldBattleLog (between challenges)

Spoiler

Don't let what you cannot do
interfere with what you can do.

-John Wooden

2013 Running Tally: I lost track in July, at 148.925  ((plus 0.5)) but I finished a Very Slow marathon in October. Then I mostly stopped.
2014 Running Tally: 134.1 miles plus 5k (as of 17 September) lost track again, but I know I had at least 147.2 plus 5k for 2014.
2015 Running Tally: 41.2 treadmilled miles & 251.93 real world miles

2016 Running Tally: 0

guarana in any form, and mate tea work great for me.

coffe is short term booster compared to them, guarana and mate take a bit longer to make effect, but it lasts longer and is calmer on the nerves (if you don't over do them).

EDIT: i forgot to add - chew on ginger slices. you can wrap a bit of ginger and put it in your pocket, so that the slices don't dry up and oxidize.

if you are not used to the taste it'll be really (too) hot for a first time or two, but then you get used to it and it's really pleasant.

use small slices (I started with paper thin), since too much of it will be hard on your stomach.

it's healthy and it promotes circulation.

STR: 2 / DEX: 2 / STA: 3 / CON: 2 / WIS: 3 / CHA: 3

PanHEMAphiliac.

Archived