Forums are back in action! ×

Anyone up for a Warrior Dash?

Guest Tigger

Guest Tigger

Hey gang!

Did you know that there is a Warrior Dash in Charles City, VA on September 29th this year? Well, now you do! :)

Anyways, the group that I had originally agreed to go with has backed out (injuries and general laziness) so I was wondering if we wanted to get a NF team together?

It's not that far from where I live, so if anyone needs to couch surf (or futon surf in my case) they are welcomed to do so! I also know that you can get discounts to local hotels through the Warrior Dash website. Registration is $65 per person until August so I'd really like to get some Rebellionaires together for that cut off or the price goes up to $75!! :(

The race looks like ~3.5 miles and at least 12 obstacles, but it says more are going to be there on race day.

Here's the link to the official website: http://warriordash.com/register2012_virginia.php

If you have any questions let me know!

I just ran the MD one on May 20 with some friends and a few of us were talking about looking into the VA one this fall as well. It's about a 2.5 hour drive for us, but put me down as tentatively in for now!

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Thanks! Sure is, shortly after we had finished the race heading to get hosed off. Didn't even know the pic existed until my friend posted it to FB. I love it! :)

*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

A friend is trying to talk me into doing the run in New Hampshire. She'll probably win out at some point.

Especially since I saw the helmet icedtrip got.

Yep....did it all for the viking helmet and I love it! :)

*plus the turkey leg and beer*

I'm thinking about doing the one in Louisiana in October, but I've yet to find anyone to do it with me.

I may just fly solo.

Yes...go at it solo...just do it. So much fun! Had a few friends run the one near Jackson a couple weeks ago.

OMG YES PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE with extra Pixie dust on top!!!

I'll think about it. What time are you signed up for?

I haven't run that distance in a looooooong time.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

BigM....you've got this! Test out those muscles on the obstacles and walk away with a badass viking helmet!

I haven't yet-payday is FRIDAY. But I want a pretty early time- like before noon-

It's only 3 miles and from what Icedtrip told me the running wasn't so bad because it was broken up by the obstacles.

It would be an honor to compete with you~ not to mention a HUGE benefit to have a warrior to help me with the obstacles (I haven't developed my warrior strength yet)!!

Do it. Even if you're out of shape and do it by yourself. It's a blast and I don't know a single person (of the many I know) who didn't have a blast doing it last year.

I had just "run" my first ever 5k about a month before this last year. And this was waaaaay more fun:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3744[/ATTACH]

(I'm on the right in the bandana, with my old roomie. I had mud in places that shall remain unmentioned...)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3745[/ATTACH]

(Victory meal.)

post-7246-13567244020736_thumb.jpg

post-7246-13567244021303_thumb.jpg

"Nope. That's just my face."

Guest Tigger

So far I think there are only 3 people willing to tackle the Warrior Dash in Charles City:

Yoshi, Jessica (a girl from my college), and myself. (Icedtrip may be bringing the cavalry as well)

We're getting there!

I'm thinking about doing the next one near me... But that's not til June of next year. I'm going to try a similar one in March, too.

the power of [geekhood] compels me:

"Oh, I'm gonna hit you so hard, your children will be born bruised!" -- Tank Girl

"Do you know what the definition of a hero is? Someone who gets other people killed. You can look it up later." -- Zoe Washburn

"No, people are particularly stupid today. I can't talk to anymore of them." -- Michel Gerard

"A vague disclaimer is nobody's friend. Have fun!" -- Willow Rosenberg

Archived