Forums are back in action! ×

True Blood Junkie

pikespeach

YIPEE! I'm not alone!

Season 5 premiers on my birthday! I took as a sign from the gods to upgrade my cable from the HDMI cord connecting my laptop to the TV to ACTUAL cable with HBO!

Happy Birthday to ME! :surprise:

pikespeach

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible!' " (Audrey Hepburn)

The only prob I have w/ TrueBlood is they have the geography of LA wrong. Generally it's right, but it's still wrong. But it's just a show so can't complain too much.

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

Love! So silly but I love it. Read all the books and am caught up to 1/2 through 4th season (though I know what happens - I dont get HBO so I wait until the DVDs to watch).

I despise Sookie, ugh so annoying!!!!! Bill is pretty grating too, but give me some Eric, Lafayette, Pam, and Jason any day, love them!

Love! So silly but I love it. Read all the books and am caught up to 1/2 through 4th season (though I know what happens - I dont get HBO so I wait until the DVDs to watch).

I despise Sookie, ugh so annoying!!!!! Bill is pretty grating too, but give me some Eric, Lafayette, Pam, and Jason any day, love them!

Yes to all of this! I haven't read the books yet... definitely on my to-do list! Wonder if I can get them in audio to listen to while I walk/run?

pikespeach

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible!' " (Audrey Hepburn)

To me - the books are fluffy fun. Not really gorey and relatively PG-13-R rated on the sex. The show is creepier, gorier, and NC-17 with the sex.

I do enjoy while watching the show seeing how they steal little things from all the books and mix them together. Only S1 was a true Book 1/Season 1 adaptation (well other than a main character not getting killed off in the show, which i was very happy about).

To me - the books are fluffy fun. Not really gorey and relatively PG-13-R rated on the sex. The show is creepier, gorier, and NC-17 with the sex.

I do enjoy while watching the show seeing how they steal little things from all the books and mix them together. Only S1 was a true Book 1/Season 1 adaptation (well other than a main character not getting killed off in the show, which i was very happy about).

I think I might like the books better myself, obviously they have a different vibe, but I enjoyed how much more attention was given to the various "were" groups and the plots are more interesting... They've changed a whole bunch in the show, making it impossible for some of the book stuff to ever be adapted. Particularly with Jason and Crystal, and the faries.

I love the books. I don't like the show very well. I stopped watching after the 3rd season. The show got way too different from the books.

Gnome Adventurer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR 2/DEX 1/STA 2/CON 4/WIS 4/CHA 2

What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

I like it :D I do like the books better. They have changed so much for the show and made it MUCH darker and gorey. However, I still do find it entertaining so I will be watching this season! Eric is pretty hot, it's true. I didn't realize he was in Battleship until I saw it last weekend.

STR 7.2 | DEX 3.5 | STA 5.8 | CON 8.4 | WIS 5.55 | CHA 5.5

Most Recent Challenge

the blood crying freaks me out a bit visually

One of my daughters had an operation on her eye when younger ... You want to try watching someone cry blood for real! The few times I've tried to watch the program I've come to the conclusion I'm either not stoned enough or need to watch several series prior to get my head round what is going on. A friend recommended the box set of books so I might pick that up next month. Do the books and tv show line up or will it not help?

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

argh, typed it all and then it disappeared.

S1 and B1 are pretty much similar other than a few changes. S2 & B2 keep the same villain/theme but starts to skew on some things. S3 & S4 are mash ups of several of the books and other stuff added/altered/or changed completely. You def need to start from the beginning.

I love it! I liked the books, and even though it looks like the show is kinda trailing off on it's own thing, I really don't mind, I like it too. I mean, if I'm honest, I can't see how the show could stick EXACTLY to the books without adding stuff to make it a full season.

Archived