Forums are back in action! ×

booty hurting from squats and dls

airen123

I hear ya.... I had a heavy squat day yesterday coming off 2 weeks of no working out due to an arm injury/vacation. I did Zumba for the first time Weds night and then heavy squat day yesterday in training. My booty is ok but my calves are on fire.

If it were me (I hate the smell of icy hot), I'd sit on a heating pad on and off all day. But I don't know if that is actually the right thing to do.

Hope you feel better!!!!

Try rolling - if you have a rolling pin, use that, it works.

Also - hot bath with epsom salts.

And, as Mir says, MOAR lifting. It actually does make you feel better because it forces the blood into the muscles.

Good news though - it goes away on its own after a few days. :P

Do not worry if you have built your castles in the air.
They are where they should be.
Now put the foundations under them
. - Henry David Thoreau

Did you stretch out afterwards?

:hopelessness: no...

I will from now on.

Thanks for the replies...at work with no heating pad, so that's out... going to do body squats in my cube at various intervals and iron out the kinks with a little interval elliptical at lunch.

just keep on trucking...

I've been doing kettlebell swings and yesterday had the sore butt muscles to confirm I did them right. Going for a walk was what seemed to help the most.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Lesson learned, indeed! Ouch. Take a walk at work, too. Easy walk, nothing crazy. Then try to stretch it out a bit once your blood is flowing.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

i thought this just meant you're doing them right.

I'm usually always sore after I lift-this one is actually kind of painful. Painful to sit. It's getting better over the day though, with some low intensity elliptical at lunch, body squats in my cube, and some stretching.

Warm bath, ibuprofen, glass of wine, and yes, moar squats and DLs.

The wine I will be having!

just keep on trucking...

As well as the foam roller, get a tennis/lacrosse ball into the belly of the muscle while you're sitting down, and roll around.

Edit: or an elbow from somebody willing.

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

I like doing an ice/heat contrast. It'd be kinda hard to do this on the bum ;) but I use it on other parts like quads, calves, and forearms - I'm a massage therapist and those forearms get tired ;)

Start and end on cold. Use ice and rub it on the sore area. Use a towel or something so the rubbing hand can hold the ice, and move the ice the hold time so you won't get frostbite. Rub until it gets numb. You'll go through the sensations of cold, pain, maybe even heat, and then numb. The area will get red. It takes a couple minutes the first time.

When numb, add a little heat or massage it a little to get blood in. This goes on about 3-5 min.

Then ice. It'll take a little less time to get a numb sensation than the first time.

Heat/massage.

Finish on ice.

Lovely

<--<< Daughter of Artemis >>-->

Archived