Forums are back in action! ×

Why bother? -- we need our motivation back!

Elysium

3. The endorphins are better than any drink or cigarette, and I've never gotten an 'exercise hangover'.

The equivalent would be DOMS, would it not?

K, I'm going to jump in here and say that all the ladies who posted photos look great. You're all far too hard on yourself and I'd be thrilled to make it to first base with any of you. :)

I really like this. Also, I shall concur with this sentiment.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

complaining about being fit but still having stretch marks is like complaining about being a millionaire but still having to pay taxes.

zombies don't care about your stretch marks, they don't get a speed-boost for every mark you know.

once you get into bed naked with a partner, I guaran-damn-tee they don't care about a few lines here or there.

remember, all those celebrity moms that end up in bikinis on the cover of magazines just a few months after popping out kids with nary a stretch mark in sight? they've been photoshopped past the point of all humanity. They have stretch marks, the public just isn't allowed to know about it.

in summation (and this is just tough love): you don't like your stretch marks? boo-freaking-hoo. get the hell over it.

also, I have stretch marks all over my stomach and I don't even have the excuse of reproduction.

I guess so...maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I've never had DOMs as bad as a hangover...my latest injury not withstanding. :D

I've never had a hangover, but I have had DOMS to the point where I literally couldn't walk because my knees would give out. That is the last time I test my max on a leg press machine. I did the whole stack (can't remember the weight) multiple times and paid the price later.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

We all have stretch marks. I'm only 29, but I have them, because I too am a mom. It's expected. I crack jokes about getting a tattoo to cover them up, like zebra print or a picket fence, but honestly, no one but myself or my daughter even seems to notice them. Especially guys! Trust me when I tell you that they aren't looking at your stretch marks or your muffin top.

And as for why we keep working out and eating right - it's so we feel like badasses. When you look in the mirror, you should say "damn! I look awesome!" If you don't think that, then there's your motivation. It's not about what you look like to anyone else. It's about how you feel about yourself. When you feel hot, you look hot. Confidence is a powerful thing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gnome Adventurer

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 1 | CON: 3 | CHA: 3 | WIS: 4

Fitocracy | ePaleoCookbooks.net | Blog | Twitter

K, I'm going to jump in here and say that all the ladies who posted photos look great. You're all far too hard on yourself and I'd be thrilled to make it to first base with any of you. :)

hehe aawww, thanks DoogieT, that's the sweetest thing I have heard in a while

1 Rep Max Deadlift-180lbs

1 Rep Max Clean and Jerk-90lbs

1 Rep Max Push Press-70lbs

1 Rep Max Back Squat-135lbs

1 Rep Strict Press-65lbs

Fitocracy

2 weeks till Hawaii

I've never had a hangover, but I have had DOMS to the point where I literally couldn't walk because my knees would give out.

a hangover is quite similar, except you can't anything because your everything will give out :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AZSF - lvl 4 assassin

STR - 9 | DEX - 12 | STA - 10.5 | CON - 7 | WIS - 8.5 | CHA - 1

Especially guys! Trust me when I tell you that they aren't looking at your stretch marks or your muffin top.

This. As a guy, I'm not really paying attention to stretch marks when I should be paying attention to other things.

Ladies, you look great.

Rurounii
Level 5 Half Elf/Half Saiyan Ranger
STR: 12 DEX: 5 STA: 20 CON: 11 WIS: 12 CHA: 7.5
Current Challenge: Challenge 4: Back on Track to Super Saiyan!

Especially guys! Trust me when I tell you that they aren't looking at your stretch marks or your muffin top.

Women may focus on each other's negative areas, but most guys don't notice because they're too busy looking at the good parts.

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

I'll be honest and say I've found WarriorAmy more and more attractive as she's gotten fitter (and I know she's felt the same about me as I've gotten fitter too). We both have more energy and confidence and thats hella sexy.

What makes someone attractive is a combination of factors, and saying someone isn't attractive based on a single feature is like saying a particular car is a terrible purchase based on its colour.

A fine point. I also have stretch marks. I like to think of them as battle scars. And if there's one thing guys like, it's scars.

Then again, I know that most of the time women's worst critics are not men, but a) themselves and B) other women. Not much I can do to help there except to say that nothing anyone has said here makes me think anyone with these concerns won't be attractive. The two most attractive things are confidence and overall well being. Eating right and exercising will give you those.

Spezzy, I think you're beautiful!

I have horrific veins on the backs of my legs & never wore shorts in high school.... I'm finally to a point where it's about how I feel and not what anyone else thinks!

awww, thanks :)

the point of what i was saying is i think it's depressing that anyone thinks that there's absolutely zero percent chance in ever being attractice again.

i have stretch marks. I hate them. But I also know that I notice them 500x more than anyone else because they're on me.

And even at my lowest weight, I have things like cellulite and such on my legs. Before I was fatter, I didn't.

It's my body - it's happy and healthy and does the things I want it to do - why be ashamed of ANY part of it?

Just because you have a stretch mark doesn't mean you're no longer attractive. And just because you're not 18 and look like a swimsuit model doesn't mean you can't wear bathing suits and shorts and things of the like.

Be proud of who you are. THAT'S what matters. Not your stretch marks.

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Be proud of who you are. THAT'S what matters. Not your stretch marks.

I concur.

Furthermore, I think that we all (but women especially) need to learn to love our bodies as they are, without needing external validation from others. I think it's very sweet all the compliments that people have gotten, and the women who posted pictures are brave :) but I'm a firm believe in self love (giggle) and self-acceptance of our bodies as they are.

I could not agree more with Eurydice- we take care of our bodies because they are our 'houses' and our bodies enable us to do great things.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

“If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.â€

-Thomas Edison

"I'm only at about 35-40%, and I'm surprised as eff."

-unicornassssin

Fitocracy!

[thread=16121]My Challenge Thread[/thread]

Just to prove that moms can get back in shape and be fabulous, here's the story of Janet Evans. 40 yr old mom of two, set world records in swimming in the 80s. She's decided to make make a comeback, and will compete in the Olympic time trials at the end of this month!

http://espn.go.com/espnw/mobile/touch/olympics/7832830/2012-london-olympics-swimmer-janet-evans-embracing-comeback-whirlwind

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

I love how this thread has turned into a motivator! Also like reading the new posts :)

I do not have kids, but still have stretch marks. I don't care. They don't define me. I'm not ashamed of them. I also have hard-core cellulite and fairly large thighs, proportionately. And I'm ok!

I'm exercising and cleaning up to live longer and to the fullest. To be proud of who I am inside and out. I'm not embarrassed of myself now, even though I'm not looking how I want to. I've spent too many years hiding from cameras and being self-conscious, and it's a waste of time. I am me. I'm making myself better daily, either by learning new things, trying new things, working on my physical fitness and my goals. My body is a shell that I inhabit, and i need to maintain it to maximise it's existence.

Also, exercising makes me super happy. Bonus!

If only I could go back 10 years and tell myself all this!

I've never had a hangover, but I have had DOMS to the point where I literally couldn't walk because my knees would give out. That is the last time I test my max on a leg press machine. I did the whole stack (can't remember the weight) multiple times and paid the price later.

Had this so bad once, I couldn't walk properly, get in and out of cars, or up stairs for about 5 days. Driveway lunges till muscle failure!

Level 2 Adventurer ║ STR: 1 ║ DEX: 1 ║ STA: 2.25 ║ CON: 3.75 ║ WIS: 8 ║ CHA: 6.25

Current quest - round 2, again!

Bucket listFacebookPinterest

Archived