Forums are back in action! ×

Awesome X-men interpretation

When a comic book author "pitches" a reboot of the X-men series out of love, it looks like this... http://dresdencodak.tumblr.com/post/24574027688/dresden-codaks-x-men-reboot

I'd watch/ read/ play this universe to death! I wish some of the constant reboots of comic book series would start from a similar place of fandom.

I have absolutely no relation to the guy, I just thought if anyone would enjoy this, this "anyone" might well be a Fit Nerd... And now to decide: which mutant am I?

Breton Adventurer

STR: 3 DEX: 1 STA: 2 CON: 5 WIS: 5 CHA: 3

[challenge thread]

"I thence / Invoke thy aid to my adventurous song, / That with no middle flight intends to soar." (Milton)

Call me a traditionalist...but the drawings don't look very appealing to me. Maybe it's for young'uns but I didn't care for them at all. Nightcrawler looks like a Decepticon. Angel wasn't blue until Apocalypse made him a Horseman. Don't even get me started on Toad. Wolvie a doctor

Being a big X-Fan...I don't think I would partake in this.

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

As far as a re-interpretation goes. I think its fantastic! A fresh take on an idea thats pretty unchanging and perhaps (in some peoples eyes) stale.

Not 100% convinced by his version of Wolverine but I like the personality his drawings have.

Level 3 Roller Knight

STR:3 DEX: 1 STA:2 CON:3 WIS:4 CHA: 2

Current Challenge: None

i saw this a few weeks ago, and i kinda liked it. i mean, i like the whole "make them kids again" to appeal to a younger audience, a la ultimate Spider-man. But the art and their powers are too much of a departure from the original.

i mean, cyclops with a crystalline growth over his eyes?? no way. part of what makes scott summers cyclops is his inability to make eye contact with someone, seperating him on some level with the rest of humanity, and even mutant kind.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Urban Scout

STR - 6 DEX - 6 STA - 11 CON - 2 WIS - 4 CHA - 6

My Epic Quest: http://tinyurl.com/7ey2ylw

Most Recent Mission: Visit Chichen Itza (Completed 11/18/12)

I am currently: Level 3 (0% to Level 4)

Interesting take on the series, although as soon as I got to Beast's final mutation all I could picture was cookie monster...I can't take it seriously now

Ah! I was nicknamed cookie monster once :P

I understand people who can't buy 100% of this (I can't either), I just was really blown away by the completeness of what is basically just a fan project! There's something a bit too "junior" for me in the project, but I actually really liked the idea of the evolution (incl. the crystalline growth... I really didn't see that as an "eye"!).

Breton Adventurer

STR: 3 DEX: 1 STA: 2 CON: 5 WIS: 5 CHA: 3

[challenge thread]

"I thence / Invoke thy aid to my adventurous song, / That with no middle flight intends to soar." (Milton)

My first thought was "Teen Titans" (the TV show) with better shading.

I'm with engineman312...I'm all for reboots, even ones that reimagine them as kids, but there are some pretty big deviations here that would take some getting used to. X-Men is such an established property that any change is going to be met with resistance, especially big ones (just look at the outcry for the comparatively minor issues in X-Men First Class).

drsloomis: level 5 human assassin

STR: 15 | DEX: 17 | CON: 12 | STA: 12 | WIS: 14 | CHA: 8

Current Challenge

Archived